Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing (41460 Views)

Lawyer Celebrates Lagos Potholes That Keep Expanding, With 3 Sodas / Protests In Borno Over Sudden Replacement Of NYSC Ad Hoc Staff By 'political Sup / Lawal Daura: Disquiet In Buhari’s Village Over ‘sudden’ Removal Of DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by blujoi(m): 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2018
Out of the 36 state governors, Ambode will rank among the first 3, even if he wasn’t returned for 2nd term. I mentioned his positives. But like I said, you can’t be a leader and not carry your party along, that’s a recipe for disaster, which is what’s happening now. For you to survive in the Nigerian political sphere, you need to carry your party along. It was on the shoulders of these party men that he was lifted up and made a governor. And when you juxtapose his performance with his immediate predecessor, I wouldn’t say he did better.

Mklanceee:

a few weeks ago you won't have said his performance is below par.
out of the 36 present state governors, I want you to name 10 that performed better than him.
he is not the worst governors,is he?as far as I know his only crime is going against those greedy people who have refused to let this country progress

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by Nevee: 1:27pm On Sep 22, 2018
darkelf:

Wow. Are you serious?

Although I've left Lagos for two years now. I never knew things are this bad now.

So, all those his paintings at Berger are scam.
Very bad, bro. Plying that route, you have no choice but to keep switching between the service lanes and express to reduce the number of potholes one will dive into. That’s the best option available for someone who is very familiar with that route. Went to some parts of Ikorodu and Agbado Ijaiye too last week and it was even worse. And these are major roads, we have not even mentioned the “semi-major”/minor ones like the St. Finbarr’s-Akoka route someone mentioned in one of those tweets.

It’s hard reconciling this rot vis-a-vis the capacity and resources of Lagos state.

Even the hardship his new road projects is causing Lagosians is inexplicable. Ask those who try to link Iyana-Ipaja from Oshodi through Along-Mangoro-Cement-Dopemu in the evening of a typical work day, they know better.
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by sogodihno: 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2018
kernel001:
Same Yorubas that called him the best governor couple of months ago, have changed their position, Chai! What a people.

it's you that's not getting it; base on Nigeria standard and in comparison with all present Nigeria governors he is the best, but base on Lagos standard and his predecessors he's nothing close to the best.

Do u get now?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by akinszz: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
blujoi:
Some people will read this and will still say that Ambode’s 2nd term is about Tinubu’s greed. From all indications, Ambode didn’t live up to expectations, both at party level and at the citizens level, so the question is, why should he be given a second term, when his first term has so many negatives?

true... He made more money than the previous governor and nothing to show that he is working.
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by lukaino(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
darkelf:

Wow. Are you serious?

Although I've left Lagos for two years now. I never knew things are this bad now.

So, all those his paintings at Berger are scam.

Ambode is a cosmetic governor.
All his projects will show you he really
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by WetinConsignMe: 1:35pm On Sep 22, 2018
richiepolymer:
See Ambode's folly? He failed the people and his godfather. The reason why it will be more difficult to return him. Who is he fooling? Was he asleep all these while?
Sub standard projects, poor quality jobs by thieving contractors, bloated figures, negligence, arrogance, defiance, dirtiness..........its endless

Don't forget sacking and throwing a priest out of his residence because his wife had to stand in line like everyone else

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by blujoi(m): 1:36pm On Sep 22, 2018
If you remember, rumors have been flying around even before now that Tinubu wasn’t backing Ambode for 2nd tenure, it has never been substantiated until now. Moreover Tinubu is one who doesn’t show his hand very early, so most of the APC loyalists weren’t even sure. What I know is, Ambode’s administration has positives so also there are the negatives, but in a situation where the negatives out weigh the positives, then there’s a problem.

wizzypro12:
where were they before or if Ambrose never had issues with tinubu will they be saying this .... it’s just glearing that people always know the truth but waiting for who to lead .... if tinubu wakes up today and says he is no more backing Buhari because of his nepotism you will see people who supported Buihari go against him because of what tinubu said and that’s has been the case from day 1 ... it’s not everyone who can stand for the truth and the bible said you shall know the truth and it will set you free
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by WetinConsignMe: 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
richiepolymer:
See Ambode's folly? He failed the people and his godfather. The reason why it will be more difficult to return him. Who is he fooling? Was he asleep all these while?
Sub standard projects, poor quality jobs by thieving contractors, bloated figures, negligence, arrogance, defiance, dirtiness..........its endless

Don't forget sacking and throwing a priest out of his residence because his wife had to stand in line like everyone else.

And APAPA WHARF area

Ambode is a failure. Ambode is a scam!
#AmbodeMustGo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by blujoi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 22, 2018
Exactly my point!!

sogodihno:

it's you that's not getting it; base on Nigeria standard and in comparison with all present Nigeria governors he is the best, but base on Lagos standard and his predecessors he's nothing close to the best.

Do u get now?
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by WetinConsignMe: 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2018
Mklanceee:

a few weeks ago you won't have said his performance is below par.
out of the 36 present state governors, I want you to name 10 that performed better than him.
he is not the worst governors,is he?as far as I know his only crime is going against those greedy people who have refused to let this country progress

Don't forget sacking and throwing a priest out of his residence because his wife had to stand in line like everyone else.

And APAPA WHARF area

Ambode is a failure. Ambode is a scam!!
#AmbodeMustGo
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by coretechng1(m): 1:43pm On Sep 22, 2018
This is the bitter truth. The people don't know they are suffering big time. Someone that goes to mech to fix his car every week because of bad roads still don't see anything wrong. He is fine with it. If fact he sees it as normal.
Sagay212:
Unfortunately some cursed and mad people will still say ambode is trying and deserves a second term. This is why I believe most Nigerians deserve what they are currently going through. For any normal human being to say a Nigerian politician is trying, it shows Nigeria can never ever move forward.

This same Ambode quickly fixed the road to fela shrine when Macron was visiting Nigeria but abandoned all other roads. You abandon pleasing people that voted for you but you are quick to please a foreigner who knows you are a monkey.
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by WetinConsignMe: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2018
lukaino:

Ambode is a cosmetic governor.
All his projects will show you he really

And APAPA WHARF area

#AmbodeMustGo

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by kernel001: 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2018
sogodihno:

Do u get now?

You guys did same to Fashola when he fell out with Tinubu too, or do you have another defense?

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by seguno2: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
aljharem:
I have come to realise that Tinubu is a visionary. Ambode destroyed lagos roads and intitutions. Sanwo olu should be given the mandate. Ambode is lagos worst governor since democracy

Tinubu is a visionary of mega stealing with his bogus pension and through Alpha Beta.
How can a reasonable Lagosian worship such a demon as you are doing

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by WetinConsignMe: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2018
blujoi:
Out of the 36 state governors, Ambode will rank among the first 3, even if he wasn’t returned for 2nd term. I mentioned his positives. But like I said, you can’t be a leader and not carry your party along, that’s a recipe for disaster, which is what’s happening now. For you to survive in the Nigerian political sphere, you need to carry your party along. It was on the shoulders of these party men that he was lifted up and made a governor. And when you juxtapose his performance with his immediate predecessor, I wouldn’t say he did better.

First 3 my ass. Ambode is a FAILURE!!

And APAPA WHARF area

#AmbodeMustGo

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by lukaino(m): 1:52pm On Sep 22, 2018
Christistruth00:
Ambode has really tried in Lagos.He was not called Governor General for nothing, but he can’t satisfy everyone . Captain Thomas Sankara was one of the best African leaders ever, but in the end his Jealous rivals blew him to pieces . Is Ambode not the one doing neighbourhood watch, didn’t he deal with Badoo, didn’t he commission 100 roads in one day, isn’t he the one doing the ten lane Airport road , New ferry terminals and service, new Lagos railways,street lighting just to mention very few?

100 poorly constructed roads majority of which are no more as we speak for a rich state like Lagos.
What's his business struggling to repair Airport road which wasn't his business (Not that the road collapsed like the state owned roads )

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by Sagay212: 1:56pm On Sep 22, 2018
coretechng1:
This is the bitter truth. The people don't know they are suffering big time. Someone that goes to mech to fix his car every week because of bad roads still don't see anything wrong. He is fine with it. If fact he sees it as normal.

Don't mind them. That's why people will buy a USA or UK used car that has been used for just 1 year or even 6 months abroad and the moment you bring that same car to Nigeria, you will be changing and fixing all sorts just after 3 or 4 months due to bad roads. Many nigerians actually now think it is a normal thing to be fixing cars every month because of suffer head. Even if you are very rich in this country, you are still going to suffer the huge incompetence of the useless politicians.
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2018
blujoi:

so a top 3 governor performance is below par according to you.we should encourage politics of freedom not that of godfatherism and slavery.
in saner countries elections are finance by the mass through donation but in Nigeria they are finance by greedy godfathers . power will belong to the people only when we stop the practices of allowing some few individuals doing all the financial part of elections.if a politician was to ask for donations from the mass in Nigeria, everyone is likely to desert him. we even expect money to be shared to before we campaign how then are we going to get good governance? I don't blame tinubu for all this the blame lie with us. the saying you can't eat your cake and have it is still very much true
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by movetoca: 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2018
blujoi:
Some people will read this and will still say that Ambode’s 2nd term is about Tinubu’s greed. From all indications, Ambode didn’t live up to expectations, both at party level and at the citizens level, so the question is, why should he be given a second term, when his first term has so many negatives?

Initially I was against Tinubu too till I moved around Lagos recently. I must confess that guy is just fat for nothing. Tinubu is right this time. No second term for any bad performing governor.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by Fawklicant: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2018
blujoi:

My question is why did it take Ambode's rift with Tinubu for guys like you to realize that Ambode hasn't done well? I thought he was the best performing governor before now up until a couple of months ago?

All I saw here on NL was Ambode is working...abule egba, epe, iyana ipaja...folks were just reeling out achievements like a surveyor's tape. What changed?

Oh I get it! This is the Buordillon effect!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by franchasng: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2018
kernel001:
Same Yorubas that called him the best governor couple of months ago, have changed their position, Chai! What a people.
because their vagabond abi jagajaga has rejected Ambode for not giving him and his numerous clique free hand to loot and run Lagos like their family businesses; that's why they hate Ambode and want him out so business can continue as usual.

Visionscape contract for packing Lagos refuse which they use to loot billions was taken away from them, reason they are mad with Ambode their former lover, Nigeria is heading nowhere, sighs cry

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by CarlsJaz567(m): 2:11pm On Sep 22, 2018
kernel001:

Governor Ambode did well in some areas of governance by delivering some good project that are currently being executed excellently - his home town, Epe is a glaring evidence of such. Even the Airport road project, though a bit messy and currently causing traffic gridlocks along Oshodi-Isolo, is still a quality project judging by what we can see so far. Some other costly projects eg the Terminus being built everywhere are commendable though appear to be rather ill-timed when the roads where vehicles would pass are almost extinct! On the other hand, he seemed to be very blind to the poor quality of work being done on the Abeokuta Expressway road construction and a few other places.

The inner roads suffered the most, leaving some of the roads in a broken-down state. A listening and more inclusive Governor would have been able to solicit inputs that would allow institution of developmental projects to be more balanced. There were also some initial lopsidedness during the tenure of both Tinubu and Fashola, but all other parts of Lagos State were made to understand that development would progressively spread to other areas. Therefore instead of Ambode to continue from where Tinubu/Fashola stopped, and probably tweak things a bit to make them better, he abandoned the continuity principle that made Lagosians unwilling to change to other parties. He stopped those previous projects just to start his own. The result is the fiasco that we are now experiencing. I have not even mentioned the Waste Management issues and the resultant massive loss of jobs.

Thus, relative to other governors in Nigeria, he is the best in the current dispensation. However compared to other Lagos civilian governors in recent time, given the precedents and the vast war chest of IGR available to him, he is the worst performing. It has nothing to do with whether Yorubas flipflop over issues or not. I am sure people still like him a little, but they believe that he could have done much better if he wasn't being so insensitive, vindictive and selfish!

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2018
I believe most people criticizing Gov Ambode do not understand the game. Or they just want to make comments here.

First, is Epe not part of Lagos? That place was forgotten. Ambode is not a bastard. I still repeat it, the Femi Otedola you are shouting his praise as a good contender has no say in Epe. His father was an Ex governor, and the man did absolutely nothing for the Epe people. Sir Michael Otedola did nothing for Epe people. Absolutely nothing. What they want is that Ambode should do only projects master Tinubu wants. But Ambode decided to make his home town benefit too just this one time. Who knows when the people of Epe will ever have the opportunity again. The road linking Epe and Ijebu Ode has been fixed, and work is in progress. Epe and Ikorodu road has been renovated too. Epe motor park has been renovated too.

You are shouting Badagry. The project that has been there a long time ago with many court cases. They have been doing that road, and it is massive. The road is not only federal road but is regarded as International road which connects Nigeria and Benin Republic. And many demolitions here and there. Is it not that road that Eleganza mighty building was demolished cos of the renovation? I think it was a long time ago. That is not even a road which Lagos State can easily work on. There is always checks from federal goverment every now and then. So, Ambode should focus on that road only. That road that billions have been spent on. Not to talk of the railway system in the area. So, is it only Lagos State doing it? People should learn to understand the system before writing gabbages. Do you all even understand that there are checks every now and then on that road?

The people of Ajah should come talk again. Was it not this Ambode that put a modern cross over bridge there to ease tension. And it was completed within how many months? Yet, they say he is not renovating.

Let us talk about the Oyingbo, Yaba, and Ikeja BRT stations. Massive constructions. Yet, Ambode is not working. Hmmmm!

This same Ambode brought in newer BRT buses. They are always blue with A/C inside. They said he is not managing the roads, yet this same Ambode decided to remove the inferior materials used for the BRT lanes and put solid flooring materials from Mile 12 down to Fadeyi. This same Ambode made sure the stupid traffic at Ketu was eradicated with the simple idea he used on the road.

I am not from Epe, but the day I met Ambode checking the road contruction in Epe was serious. The man got out and was jogging in the street checking the road. Come and see how boys sorrounded him that nothing must happen to their governor. He was sweating in the sun. Boys brought out umbrella for him, the man rejected it. And he told the lead contractor that he will be back next week and all he asked must be done. Truly, he was there again the following week.

Go and talk this nonsense that Ambode under performed in Epe, you will be stoned. And truly, this man touched almost everywhere.

The projects in Lagos is massive. Over 20 million people live in the city, and resources are scarce. Therefore, it is necessary to select which projects are done first.

Yeah! He just needs to quickly adjust because those places where he could not touch should be touched too. It is what anyone will do. If his enemies are using it against him, and he wants to do it and you are still blaming him, then, I do not know what to say.

Again, Ambode should accept his mistake with dirt disposal. I strongly believe there is more to the issue. I am waiting for him to finish his tenure to really voice out what went wrong. There must be something we still do not know. And I suspect he decided to stop the contract , maybe the almighty god is using it terribly to steal money from Lagos State. Something must have gone wrong. But the only issue is that Ambode should have shut that man up by making disposal of refuse in Lagos efficient. Just a weakness that he is paying dearly for.

To me, and to many, Ambode is the best governor in the whole of Nigeria. And I said it before, it is not possible for one godfather to push around brains like Fashola and Ambode. I am sure Ambode himself will be remorseful of what he did to Fash that time. Tinubu simply used him to tackle Fash. Now, Ambode himself has seen how difficult it is to please Tinubu. If the godfather succeeds to put another person there, we will definitely hear witness another crisis in 2023. That godfather cannot be satisfied.

I repeat it, Jagaban is building forces that will retire him permanently. And it is going to be soon. You cannot excel fighting brains like Fashola and Ambode and think you can always win. You are digging your grave. Simple as ABC.

Now mark my words. If Ambode is not re-elected and Buhari wins a second term, Ambode will definitely become a minister or a big special adviser for the president. It is so clear that Buhari and Osinbajo cannot understand what is Jagaban's problem. And for some members of the opposition party (PDP) to say they will push forward Ambode as their party flag bearer in the coming election if APC anondoned him says it all.

People are funny ooo. Instead of them to face Ogbeni Aregbesola who is a disaster in Osun, they are wasting time on Ambode. Let us know the fate of master Tinubu and Ogbeni in Osun today before we return to Lagos' case. That Ogbeni is a case. A failure in Osun making mouth in Lagos. Hmmmm!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by mtprofessor5(m): 2:18pm On Sep 22, 2018
Olalan:
Any governor in lagos will been seen to have performed giving the resources at their disposal, Ambode did his best but how he made lagos one of the dirtiest state in Nigeria now still amazes me.

Not one of the dirtiest but the dirtiest state in Nigeria
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by Ofiks: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2018
I agreed 100% with the first commentator. The GVNOR has performed below zero given the standard Fashola has set. I don't see Tinubu"s in Ambode"s Case
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by harbarzzy(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
kernel001:
it was the 7 days raining that exposed them.. that's God for you
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by Myself2(m): 2:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
Losers !!! Always whining and complaining,, when the roads were not fixed, what did they do ?
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by enigma2007(m): 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
Nevee:
When it comes to maintenance of roads, Ambode failed woefully. The erstwhile active Lagos State Public Works Corporation is almost non-existent now. How do you explain Ikorodu road (a major road in Lagos) having so many deep potholes like that? From Onipan all the way to Maryland.
How

I wonder too my brother... I am going to replace the shocks of my car and i am so pissed with Ambode right now sha!
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by enigma2007(m): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2018
CarlsJaz567:

Governor Ambode did well in some areas of governance by delivering some good project that are currently being executed excellently - his home town, Epe is a glaring evidence of such. Even the Airport road project, though a bit messy and currently causing traffic gridlocks along Oshodi-Isolo, is still a quality project judging by what we can see so far. Some other costly projects eg the Terminus being built everywhere are commendable though appear to be rather ill-timed when the roads where vehicles would pass are almost extinct! On the other hand, he seemed to be very blind to the poor quality of work being done on the Abeokuta Expressway road construction and a few other places.

The inner roads suffered the most, leaving some of the roads in a broken-down state. A listening and more inclusive Governor would have been able to solicit inputs that would allow institution of developmental projects to be more balanced. There were also some initial lopsidedness during the tenure of both Tinubu and Fashola, but all other parts of Lagos State were made to understand that development would progressively spread to other areas. Therefore instead of Ambode to continue from where Tinubu/Fashola stopped, and probably tweak things a bit to make them better, he abandoned the continuity principle that made Lagosians unwilling to change to other parties. He stopped those previous projects just to start his own. The result is the fiasco that we are now experiencing. I have not even mentioned the Waste Management issues and the resultant massive loss of jobs.

Thus, relative to other governors in Nigeria, he is the best in the current dispensation. However compared to other Lagos civilian governors in recent time, given the precedents and the vast war chest of IGR available to him, he is the worst performing. It has nothing to do with whether Yorubas flipflop over issues or not. I am sure people still like him a little, but they believe that he could have done much better if he wasn't being so insensitive, vindictive and selfish!

Summarized beautifully. He has more money at his disposal to do a proper job.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by enigma2007(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2018
kernel001:

You guys did same to Fashola when he fell out with Tinubu too, or do you have another defense?

And the people rose to the defense of Fashola. If Amnode had done well, the people will fight for him. It is just messed up sha
Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by deomelo: 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2018

Lagos is officially now the pre 1999 dirty and chaotic Lagos State.

Ambode is disaster, APC will lose Lagos if they don't get rid of Ambode ASAP..

Re: Lagosians Blast LASG Over Sudden Potholes Fixing by deomelo: 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2018
kernel001:

...but Fashola did not even beg anybody or fight to keep his job, Lagosians did all that, they defended Fashola, so why are they not defending Ambode?

Because Ambode is incompetent, clueless and vision less. While trying to sabotage, ridicule and erase Fashola's achievements, he abandoned all the projects Fashola left behind, the same projects he should be commissioning now and getting the glory and credit for.

... to date, what is Ambode known for? Mountains of refuse taking over Lagos State, horrible roads, chaotic traffic situation everyday..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wike: Peter Obi Is The Hero Of The Election / Shettima Visits Late Borno Deputy Governor's Wife, Son / Nine Bandits Die In Kaduna During Fight Over Ransom Sharing Formula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.