Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

My First Broiler Experience - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My First Broiler Experience (2903 Views)

Arbor Acre Plus (best Broiler Breed Suitable For Nigeria) / How Many Bags Of Feed Do U Need To Raise 300 Broiler To 7 Weeks / Broiler Farmers Let's Come Together And Achieve Our Goal This December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2018
Day 3.....
Zero mortality... Still on multivitamins and antibiotics....
Very agile and they have even started growing feathers on their wings... And its very noticeable...
Re: My First Broiler Experience by matoseyems(m): 7:59am On Oct 08, 2018
Following, plz update regularly as I want to learn fro u and start doing same too.

Thanks
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 9:18am On Oct 08, 2018
Sure brother... That is the essence of this trend
matoseyems:
Following, plz update regularly as I want to learn fro u and start doing same too.

Thanks
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:54am On Oct 10, 2018
Day 6...
Mortality is still at zero...
Antibiotics and multivitamins have been withdrawn from their water...
Birds are very agile and always eating.....
Heat application is at a minimum or should I say controlled manner, i.e we monitor their behavior towards the heat supplies... During the day they pant and run from it so we just give heat during the cool evening and at night..... We plan to totally remove the heat source after day seven...
Re: My First Broiler Experience by Haliraph(m): 1:15pm On Oct 10, 2018
Please how much will it cost to raise 100 broilers?
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:32pm On Oct 10, 2018
Haliraph:
For how many weeks do you want to keep them? Do you have a pen house already?
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2018
Haliraph:
100 broilers to week 8 should not cost you more than 80k to 90k excluding feeders, drinkers, and pen house constructions
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:38am On Oct 11, 2018
Day 7.....
Mortality is still at zero..
Anti cocci was administered through water...
Birds are very agile, though some are having little cough which will be treated as soon as possible...
Heat source have been removed permanently....
Windows open for good ventilation
Re: My First Broiler Experience by SLOVFO(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2018
What feed do you give them? I am a complete novice in broilers production.. I wonder if I can lay my hands on a handbook on poultry management.
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 5:23am On Oct 12, 2018
I formulated my own feeds...
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 5:25am On Oct 12, 2018
Commercial feeds from my research does not give desired results
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:13pm On Oct 15, 2018
Day 11...
Mortality.... Zero
Gumboro vaccine was administered today, followed by multivitamins... Though this vaccination was supposed to be administered by day 10, it was rather done today because yesterday was Sunday and we could not get the vaccine....
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 8:20pm On Oct 15, 2018
So far the only issues in the farm is just cough which is being tackled with tylodox.... And one of our bird has swollen eye filled with cloudy substances for some days now, the eye is always closed... But good news, we have suspected that it was caused by worms in the eye and is being tackled with drops of Ivermectin solution directly into the affected eye... Though it is not a very recommended way to treat eye worm but it is effective...
More info to come as time unfolds
Re: My First Broiler Experience by agslow(m): 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2018
Day 14
Mortality..... 1
cause of death.... Possible vaccination failure
Brooding stage is now over....
Permanent site.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Adventure Into Rice Farming (Photos and videos) / Jacko's DIARY- My Cross Over To Farming / 10 Acres Of Farm Land In Olowa Village, After CRIN Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.