Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Who Created Evil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created Evil? (1108 Views)

If God Is A Spirit Then Who Created Spirits? / Who Created God? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created Evil? by Haddeyholler(m): 12:48am On Sep 23, 2018
Please am a proudly Agnostic, is it true God create evil?

2 Likes

Re: Who Created Evil? by sonmvayina(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2018
What do you understand by evil?
Re: Who Created Evil? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:58am On Sep 23, 2018
PRIMESKY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS VERSE.
OR IS IT OUT OF CONTEXT AS USUAL?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created Evil? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2018
God naw. If you did read your Bible and Quran well, then you'll realise all evidence of evil points to him

1 Like

Re: Who Created Evil? by IamPlato(m): 8:50am On Sep 23, 2018

Evil Was Never Created, Its An Abstract Essence...

It Exists And Doesnt Exist... We Chose To Do Evil Or Not; it Then Resides In The Mind Of Its Doer.

4 Likes

Re: Who Created Evil? by Maamin(m): 10:07am On Sep 23, 2018
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

God made everything... wink

2 Likes

Re: Who Created Evil? by orisa37: 11:50am On Sep 23, 2018
The same that separated Light from Darkness and Life from Death..
Re: Who Created Evil? by Uyi168: 12:10pm On Sep 23, 2018
OK..

1 Like

Re: Who Created Evil? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2018
orisa37:
you mean god
Re: Who Created Evil? by sonmvayina(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2018
orisa37:

The Evil there refer to disasters like hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, earthquake etc... Not some like a priest molesting your underage daughter.. Which is evil
Re: Who Created Evil? by orisa37: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:
you mean god

I mean GOD, THE SUPREME SPIRIT.. If He doesn't control The Demon in you, you will be worse than an active volcano.
Re: Who Created Evil? by orisa37: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2018
sonmvayina:

The Evil there refer to disasters like hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, earthquake etc... Not some like a priest molesting your underage daughter.. Which is evil

Evil is Evil and it is the Demon in you which makes you go awry many times.
Re: Who Created Evil? by sonmvayina(m): 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
orisa37:

Evil is Evil and it is the Demon in you which makes you go awry many times.

I don't see the correlation with my post... Pls make the connection.. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Who Created Evil? by orisa37: 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2018
You come from wherever with a Conscience, the Spirit of Evil and of Good, that makes you function properly like a human being.
Re: Who Created Evil? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
Haddeyholler:

Lol! You can see that you are even confused yourself. And most of the posts after yours and before mine are confusion.

Your kind of question is too broad that you seem not to understand it.

Do us a favor. Kindly define what evil is. After defining it, give minimum of 3 examples to show what evil means, or give a scenario which made you ask if God created whatever you asked. What is evil to you can be gracious to me. To me, you can be first class evil, while someone else thinks otherwise. So define the term clearly and use minimum of three good examples to make it clearer. Otherwise, you are confused yourself. grin And confusion is evil. Maybe you are evil and not God. Not abusing you, but just telling you what the situation seems to be from the confusion you have dropped here, and I am sure if you do not do what I have asked, the evil in this thread will spread like virus because of your unclarity style which is confusion. But we have curtailed it easily. grin

Hope to read from you.
Re: Who Created Evil? by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 5:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
orisa37:

I mean GOD, THE SUPREME SPIRIT.. If He doesn't control The Demon in you, you will be worse than an active volcano.
But he created the demon abi
Re: Who Created Evil? by orisa37: 7:22pm On Sep 23, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

Are U a Scribe on Nairaland Religious Division and still asking funny question on how evil come into the world?
Re: Who Created Evil? by orisa37: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

He created The father, mother and all the sons and daughters of that bloody Lucifer(Satan, Devil, Demons, Adversaries etc) and every spirit in their consciences
Re: Who Created Evil? by orisa37: 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
1stSonOfLucifer:

Yes !!!!!!!
Re: Who Created Evil? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2018
Haddeyholler:
There are 2 types of evil 1)Delibrate evil-this is evil that humans or satanic beings commit and 2)Natural evil-evil like natural disasters,famine,etc dat God uses to afflict humans for there sins and for NEGLECTING him. The originator/creator of the first is the devil and it later spread to humans while God is responsible for the second although his aim/motive for it is pure and good
Re: Who Created Evil? by MissWrite(f): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
IamPlato:

Evil Was Never Created, Its An Abstract Essence...

It Exists And Doesnt Exist... We Chose To Do Evil Or Not; it Then Resides In The Mind Of Its Doer.

What he is asking is this: does the concept of good and evil exist in the mind of God?

Everything is inherently selfish. Human beings too. As such, our first moral compass (as babies) is geared towards self-preservation. If it hurts us, it is bad (like snakes, earthquakes, burglars, poison for humans) ; and if it makes us happy, then it is good (like rainbows, food, orgasms). What we consider good or bad, ultimately defines our nature.

But as we get socialized, we are taught external standards of morality. Religion, or secular law.

The state decides good and bad not by focusing on the preservation of the individual alone, but by focusing on the preservation of the collective society. We are allowed to do anything to protect our lives (self defense) but where our lives aren't threatened we must be mindful to let others exist and thrive.

Religion decides good and bad not by focusing on the preservation of the individual, but by focusing on the moral code of the presiding deity. Hence, fornication may make us happy (especially after taking all necessary precautions) and should not violate our body's concept of good and bad; it does not violate another human being's right to exist and thrive (where there are both consenting adults), therefore, it's not against secular law; but it violates the moral code of some religions, therefore, it is considered a sin (ergo evil)

So, God does have a concept of good and bad. And it is highly judgmental. Because, unlike the state, which seeks to preserve another person's right to exist when outlawing specific actions; religion supposedly forbids sin that goes against the nature and purpose of God. Like homosexuality, for example. If it exists, and it is not of God; who is it of?

If evil is of the devil and good is of God, then what is beyond good and evil?

Personally, I do not believe in the distinction of good and evil as absolutes. Which means that there is no God of good and no devil of evil. There is just life in infinite effect. Good and evil are relative concepts that would depend on the point of view in question. And external moral standards are always artificial constructs that interfere with nature in a bid to create order. They often put a human being at odds with himself; but, it's all for the 'greater good', right?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Created Evil? by Haywhaie(m): 8:52pm On Sep 23, 2018
MissWrite:

What he is asking is this: does the concept of good and evil exist in the mind of God?

Everything is inherently selfish. Human beings too. As such, our first moral compass (as babies) is geared towards self-preservation. If it hurts us, it is bad (like snakes, earthquakes, burglars, poison for humans) ; and if it makes us happy, then it is good (like rainbows, food, orgasms). What we consider good or bad, ultimately defines our nature.

But as we get socialized, we are taught external standards of morality. Religion, or secular law.

The state decides good and bad not by focusing on the preservation of the individual alone, but by focusing on the preservation on the collective society. We are allowed to do anything to protect our lives (self defense) but where our lives aren't threatened we must be mindful to let others exist and thrive.

Religion decides good and bad not by focusing on the preservation of the individual, but by focusing on moral code of the presiding deity. Hence, fornication may make us happy (especially after taking all necessary precautions) and should not violate our body's concept of good and bad; it does not violate another human being's right to exist and thrive (where there are both consenting adults), therefore, it's not against secular law; but it violates the moral code of some religions, therefore, it is considered a sin (ergo evil)

So, God does have a concept of good and bad. And it is highly judgmental. Because, unlike the state, which seeks to preserve another person's right to exist when outlawing specific actions; religion supposedly forbids sin that goes against the nature and purpose of God. Like homosexuality, for example. If it exists, and it is not of God; who is it of?

If evil is of the devil and good is of God, then what is beyond good and evil?

Personally, I do not believe in the distinction of good and evil as absolutes. Which means that there is no God of good and devil of evil. There is just life in infinite effect. Good and evil are relative concepts that would depend on the point of view in question. And external moral standards are always artificial constructs that interfere with nature in a bid to create order. They often put a human being at odds with himself; but, it's all for the 'greater good', right?
Brilliant.....just like me. grin grin grin

It is impossible for a sensible person not to fall in love with your brain. Absolutely impossible. smiley

1 Like

Re: Who Created Evil? by MissWrite(f): 9:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
Haywhaie:
Brilliant.....just like me. grin grin grin

It is impossible for a sensible person not to fall in love with your brain. Absolutely impossible. smiley

Awwww........thanks for saying that. smiley
Re: Who Created Evil? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2018
At first it might seem that if God created all things, then evil must have been created by God.
However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good....For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else.

We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good.
One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil).
When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a “thing” that required God to create it.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked, “Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect.
Cold does not exist. Cold is simply the absence of heat.
Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is simply the absence of light.
Evil is the absence of good, or better still, evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good... So evil might not have been in existence if there hadn't been a need for a choice to be that will be better or worse than good.
Re: Who Created Evil? by Haywhaie(m): 9:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
MissWrite:

Awwww........thanks for saying that. smiley
It's much to my delight. smiley

And How've you been?

PS: It's Tozara.
Re: Who Created Evil? by MissWrite(f): 9:21pm On Sep 23, 2018
Haywhaie:
It's much to my delight. smiley

And How've you been?

PS: It's Tozara.

cheesy........hey! Thought it might be.....but couldn't be sure.

I've been good, sweetie.... kiss
Re: Who Created Evil? by Haywhaie(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2018
MissWrite:

cheesy........hey! Thought it might be.....but couldn't be sure.
I've been good, sweetie.... kiss
That's really good to know. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Evil? by IamPlato(m): 9:27pm On Sep 23, 2018

Misswrite! Ask Yourself This Question. Why Are There Rules to Everything? Written And Non-written...

Talking About God, Yes Evil Exists In The Mind Of God. He Knows What Evil Is. There Are Two Sides To Life Which Is Good And Evil, which Of Cause Is The Balance Of Living...

Evil Can Not Be Created nor Destroyed because Its Like Energy.

We Believe God To Be Omni potent, all These Powers Include Good And Evil potents. Now It Is God's Choice To Choose Evil Over Good Or Good Over Evil...

Evil Can Not Be Removed, even After The Rapture the Bible Says The Devil Will Be Bounded for 1000years but Freed Again; has Any One Bothered To Ask Why? Its Meant To Be A Happy World Forever with Jesus In The New Earth But Because our Minds Will Always Want To Make choices Differently when We Feel Enslaved, we Diverge!

Evil Is Not A Creation But A Subtle Essence
Re: Who Created Evil? by Dantedasz(m): 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2018
Re: Who Created Evil? by Dantedasz(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2018

(1) (Reply)

is it christainlike to Sue And Divorce A Spouse Who Hid His HIV Status From You? / Mary Mother Of God: How Science Helps The Understanding Of Religion. / Million Rains On Stephanie As Prophetess Anthonia Fufeyin Gift N1million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.