Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,894 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 (56562 Views)

List Of 240 Polling Units Where Voting Won't Take Place / Pdp Submits 24 Names To Inec As Polling Units Agents in Benue reruns / List Of Lga's And Polling Units Where Rerun Election Will Hold In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by bewla(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
seunmsg:

In the south west, we don't vote in one direction.
Btw, I have been online since 5am.
Yori yori
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
NonsoWow:
Keep calm. PDP can' win this election. Wait and see.
Thank God you knw they have won

1 Like

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by foreshore(m): 4:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:
INEC clearly wants to give undue victory to the APC ..I advise senator Adeleke to reject this re run immediately and proceed to court...this re run is designed to assist APC

True talk bro
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by otherway: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:
INEC clearly wants to give undue victory to the APC ..I advise senator Adeleke to reject this re run immediately and proceed to court...this re run is designed to assist APC

What is this one saying?

Are you ignorant of the electoral laws?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

and i advise you educate yourself on the electoral act

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by NonsoWow: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Thank God you knw they have won
Who declared them winner? APC will easily cancel out the 353 votes on Sept 27. Just enjoy the drama.
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by emmangrace: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
Teewhy2:
Who wins is none of my business, what am after is that the constitution needs to be amended concerning electing our political office holders.
How can the constitution says someone who wants to contest for post of governor or president must have senior school certificate but nowadays if graduates are looking for employment they will say minimum of second class upper.
I agree with you
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by yurLink: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

Kindly go and get a copy of the electoral law

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by bayelsaowei(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

He should get a court injunction stopping the re run and ask the courts to declare him winner based on overwhelming evidence of widespread electoral malpractice collusion between INEC and APC
I guess he should proceed with that and nip this cankerworm called apc in the bud..
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by truthfulparrot(m): 4:39pm On Sep 23, 2018
nnachukz:
Why involve all the 48 parties. Why not just the two contenders who need it?
Someone wants to bring in Omisore to play a spoiler for the opposition candidate.
The number of eligible voters in the re-run election is less than 4000. It is expected that there may be massive vote buying, intimidation and horse trading. What ever happen at the end of the day, the integrity of INEC and the readiness of APC to conduct a free and fear election has been put on the front burner.
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Afamed: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

He should get a court injunction stopping the re run and ask the courts to declare him winner based on overwhelming evidence of widespread electoral malpractice collusion between INEC and APC
I hope those evidences are not the ones you read on Facebook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by tuniski: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
Teewhy2:
Who wins is none of my business, what am after is that the constitution needs to be amended concerning electing our political office holders.
How can the constitution says someone who wants to contest for post of governor or president must have senior school certificate but nowadays if graduates are looking for employment they will say minimum of second class upper.

What is the academic qualification of Jesus christ/prophet mohammed?
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Afamed: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
yurLink:

Kindly go and get a copy of the electoral law
Ignore him, most of them do not worth arguing with.
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2018
seunmsg:

Sadly, that is not the position of the law. INEC must conclude the election that was started yesterday by conducting election in areas where votes were cancelled. If none of the candidates could still fulfil the legal requirements to be declared winner, a run-off election is then conducted only among the two leading candidates.

"Among the two leading candidates"
So, why is INEC involving all the 48 political parties in the re-run?

2 Likes

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by tinsel: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
We are in this because of high votes from Ede. Apc won majority of the local government.
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by tolufase: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2018
[quote author=Teewhy2 post=71458877]Who wins is none of my business, what am after is that the constitution needs to be amended concerning electing our political office holders.
How can the constitution says someone who wants to contest for post of governor or president must have senior school certificate but nowadays if graduates are looking for employment they will say minimum of second class upper. [/quote

God bless you for this wonderful comment. You made my day. This has nothing to do with Adeleke but the entire system.

1 Like

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Ekaka1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 23, 2018
Roughfyzay:
Fellow Osun state indigenes we have fought yesterday's battle and prevailed but sadly the opposing forces are at it again. But do not waver for we shall crush them in the battle to come.
Gather your weapons which is your PVC and let's vote out this government together!
#TinubuOuttaOsun
#NoToHalfSalary
#ImoleDe

......and Buhari ?? cool
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by seanfer(m): 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

Nothing like Court Injunction at this Moment, Once the first ballot is cast the court did not have say in the Post Election matter.... The only advise you can give him is to get ready best lawyers that will represent him at the tribunal....

1 Like

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by GavelSlam: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2018
Teewhy2:

In a sense you are right.

However, voting and being votes for should be considered a fundamental right, whilst being employed is a privilege.

I do agree that some better yardstick should be used.

1 Like

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by FarahAideed: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
PassingShot:

Pretend to be intelligent at least for once.

It’s part of the electoral law that whence the win margin is lesser than the cancelled accredited votes, a winner can’t be declared.

Argue with your keyboard.

Shane on your evil party , you couldn't even beat a dancing senator in a state that's supposed to be your strong hold
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by GavelSlam: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2018
truthfulparrot:
The number of eligible voters in the re-run election is less than 4000. It is expected that there may be massive vote buying, intimidation and horse trading. What ever happen at the end of the day, the integrity of INEC and the readiness of APC to conduct a free and fear election has been put on the front burner.

What exactly does this mean?

Is the election only considered free and fair when PDP wins but not when APC does?
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by taiwofisa: 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

Honestly you are not a good adviser. He better participate and begin his homework now. They both rigged the election, or can you explain about 35000 votes he got from Ede South and North.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by BabaO2: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2018
Osun better imagined the implications, mostly playing second fiddle to ibo dominated party under somebody that cannot posses ordinary pass in school certificate examinations. Whatever its going to cost must be thrown into it and be ready to defy any soft attitude of Buhari towards any opposition, samething he did at inception of the administration that cost apc of NASs leadership.

1 Like

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Halo22: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2018
Am very optimistic that PDP will have the day by Thursday. How can Aregbesola think that his party would win after owing workers salary for close to three years, he is a joker. Anyways, congrats to Adeleke in advance.
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by teejona(m): 5:03pm On Sep 23, 2018
FarahAideed:

you must be a poor child of history. The same thing happened in Kogi in 2015 when APC was leading. You won't die if you INEC credit for a job well-done.

1 Like

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Princeefe1981: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2018
The Governor of Osun should hide his face with shame, he couldn't win in his Local government with wide margin to close the mouth of the opposition.Although I'm an APC member,I think Adeleke have done well and hope he wins on Thursday. yeye Aregbesola.

1 Like

Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by teepain: 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2018
senatordave1:
Apc should locate most of the voter immediately and ferry them somewhere till thursday

That would be very undemocratic. Let the rerun hold and let the people of Osun state have their say and way!
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by seunmsg(m): 5:22pm On Sep 23, 2018
Noel1:

"Among the two leading candidates"
So, why is INEC involving all the 48 political parties in the re-run?

The election involving the 48 candidates must be conducted first.
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by Bimpe29: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2018
Electoral umpire has been further discredited.

PDD will carry the day eventually.
Re: 7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2018
Johnboom:
Academic does not really means good leadership. Most Americans leaders were war veteran.
Hw many are war veteran oga Obama no go school or Trump.... education is important for leadership oga cos it ain't joke

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Buhari Said About Boko Haram Yesterday That Got People Talking / AIG Adamu Lafia Has Emerged As The New Acting IGP - Dele Momodu / Do You Agree With This Presidential Election Prediction By The Nation Newspaper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.