Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Neutrality And The Fence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Neutrality And The Fence (385 Views)

Sinner Today, Tomorrow A Christian, Why Are You Sitting On The Fence With God? / Nails In The Fence / Why Do Jehovah’s Witnesses Maintain Political Neutrality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Neutrality And The Fence by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
I was inspired to make this post after having read a beautifully written thread about a professed Christian's role in the issue of "neutrality" when it comes to serving God.
It was very encouraging but also sober because in God's world, there is no "neutrality".

What does the word "neutral" mean?

1.not taking part or giving assistance in a dispute or war between others:

2.not aligned with or supporting any side or position in a controversy:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/neutral

If I could make an illustration, I would picture a fence. Let's look at the definition of a "fence".

a barrier intended to prevent escape or intrusion or to mark a boundary
especially : such a barrier made of posts and wire or boards

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fence

If one notices something about most fences, it is that they are designed to protect against outside random interference and to protect those that are within. However, the interesting thing is that very rarely are fences very durable when one sits on them. Some fences are designed so that if one is able to balance himself/herself, then it has to be done with exact precision. However there are many fences that are designed with specific features so that it is impossible to even sit on them. Some are built so high, that it would take a miracle to even climb on them to sit on them.
I say all of that to say this: Perhaps fences aren't really meant to "sit" on but rather allow one to be on "1" side of them or the "other".....but never on top.... wink
Choosing a side (whether wrong or right) is better than sitting quietly for fear of isolation, ridicule, loss of "admiration" or abandonment. Ideally, any situation should demand neutrality in the beginning in order to make an informed decision. God expects us to also do our "due diligence" on Him and the other...and then choose a side. But the fact remains: choose a side and stand boldly, and courageously on that side.

So we, as professed Christians, have a crucial decision to make. Either we are truly gonna serve the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, OR we will serve the enemy. There is no "neutrality" in this saga.
I leave you all with some scriptures that remind us of what God requires of us.
Be encouraged....

Joshua 24:14-15 (KJV)
14 Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

John 6:67-68 (KJV)
67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

1 Kings 18:21 KJV
And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

Revelation 3: 14-16: 18-19 (KJV)
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

(1) (Reply)

Discernment / Jesus Visited People In Gabon And These Wonderful Things Were Done For Them. / Asia Bibi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.