Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,064 members, 7,814,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units (46614 Views)

Kano Governorship Election Rerun: Results From Wards (Live Updates) / Osun Residents Burn Omisore Campaign Poster After Election Rerun / INEC Announces Winner Of Osun Governorship Election Rerun (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by Legolast: 7:47am On Sep 24, 2018
Krak:

I was on ground for the election PDP rigged massively. They were buying peoples votes on the polling units by paying them 2k each. Surprisingly APC was not doing likewise, and the place was a perceived stronghold of APC.

When I see people ranting on social media, I shake head for them. The 2 parties bought votes but PDP own worst. If APC bought 40% votes, PDP bought 85% of their votes.

I was surprised on Saturday when a corper friend called me that APC will lose the election, I asked why and she said PDP are ready to spend to any length while APC doesn't spend a penny in her PU.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by joameh: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2018
Congrats to APC in advance.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by Krak(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2018
Legolast:

When I see people ranting on social media, I shake head for them. The 2 parties bought votes but PDP own worst. If APC bought 40% votes, PDP bought 85% of their votes.

I was surprised on Saturday when a corper friend called me that APC will lose the election, I asked why and she said PDP are ready to spend to any length while APC doesn't spend a penny in her PU.

It was massive. I even saw collaboration between PDP agents and some policemen.

APC was very docile in this election. I wonder why.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by stevups(m): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2018
HigherEd:
Omisore would soon get a call from Buhari grin

Buhari to Omisore: Mr. Omisore, how would you like to be the deputy minister of petroleum resources?

Damn the pressure and atmosphere of those communities would be intense - The whole Nigeria would be upon them in a few hours.
I salute u
Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by Legolast: 9:27am On Sep 24, 2018
Krak:

It was massive. I even saw collaboration between PDP agents and some policemen.

APC was very docile in this election. I wonder why.

The hatred in people's DNA has blindfolded them to see the truth about Osun election. Am not in support of any party but when talking about credible, free and fair election in Osun State APC should be given accolade. If it were to be PDP is the ruling party in Osun State, bro, we would have heard of many killings and brutality. This is the only election in Osun that I wasn't opportuned to witness, before I relocated to state (Sokoto state not USA o, grin) 2 years ago, all the democratic elections under PDP regime have always been bloody.

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by FrankGiel: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2018
Giannakopoulos:
OP your information does not tally. Please check, its a total of 7 units(3480votes).

Omisore's stand doesn't really matter as any party can identify the voters and who pays more gets the votes.
3480 registered voters.. From experience, at the very best of 50% of voters would actually turn up. That leaves the number of voters to 1740..

All adeleke needs to win from this number is 695 votes

1 Like

Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by YhungPablo(m): 11:13am On Sep 24, 2018
madridguy:
People shouting Omisere should wake up. The good people of Osun State will determine who rule over them.
when they see money they won't be able to decide again. But apc will decide for them
Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by yinnyme(m): 11:37am On Sep 24, 2018
HigherEd:
Lalasticlala
Omisore be like.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 24, 2018
Koolking:

The shortfall in the margin was as a result of errors noticed and corrected in some wards. Parties to the elections agreed on this.
However, a winner must emerge. Whoever wins, other parties should accept defeat and move on.
But, are you saying if APC wins, Osun state will break up? And If PDP wins, it is just and Osun will not break up? You made it sounds like PDP is entitled. Shun this thought bro
Far from what you think bro. Whoever wins, the state would move on. But in a case of perceived injustice, chaos is inevitable . The onus is on the electoral umpire not to be biased against any party . No politician's ambition is worth the life of any indigene of the state . What happened in my state of ekiti cannot happen elsewhere. Our people are resilient, learned and mature enough to allow due process to take its course. The election tribunal would determine the fate of fayemi. I don't belong to any political party. If we see something , we shouldn't keep quiet . we should say something without attaching emotions or sentiments to it.
Re: Osun Governorship Election Rerun Holds In These Polling Units by OROSUNBOLB(m): 5:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
This is why I love being a Yoruba. We deal with the real issue,but not the peripherality. Mr Buhari will soon hear from the South West-the land of the Oduduwa. Nobody takes us for a fool and go Scotfree.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TikTokers, Mubarak Uniquepikin & Nazifi Muhammad In Jail For Criticizing Ganduje / Re: Equipping Of Nigeria Army And Airforce / Dino Melaye Carries Saraki Up, Moments After CCT Cleared His Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.