Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli (26695 Views)

Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts / Grant Nnamdi Kanu Presidential Pardon To Attend Parents Burial - Ohaneze Youths / Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by kitaatita: 11:41am On Sep 24, 2018
lexy2014:
alli was in UPN not NPN

You are correct. I will amend that now
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Hayyan22: 11:51am On Sep 24, 2018
maestroferdi:
He will still be sent packing next year...

Reminds one of what a far better man...Jonathan was doing in 2015 to avert failure at the polls.

We all know how that one panned out.

Buhari is toast...APC cannot win any free and fair election in today's Nigeria...
Chest beater,keep ranting on social media while baba is busy perfecting and strategizing his re-election come 2019
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by klax(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2018
Posthumous what So that is his ticket to make heaven or that is a cheque for his kids to become Dangote or what is the usefulness of this presidential pardon for God sake? This was how foolishly MKO kids were running after award their father could not get when he is alive and useful but getting it when he is dead and the the award is useless.

Mercy after death it's absolutely rubbish. No offense just my own view but in actual fact it make no sense dead man knows nothing and can't be pardon by mortar man except God

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Bimpe29: 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2018
senatordave1:

Stop this unreasonable comment.didnt you read where it was stated that governor obaseki initiated the moves and not buhari?
You need to be reasonable first in order for you to appreciate the objectivity and fairness of my comment.
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by shotuns: 12:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
haba. . . simple English, Read again and again to understand the report. . . Ingnorance to many is bliss. . . simply put. .
" He was sentenced, fine was paid, then he was released"
Illiteracy is a disease.

Just2endowed2:

these was the reason i never voted for this TYRANT. i will say it again that if theyouth know history, no one will vote for a backward unrepentant military dictator. I warned almost all my family and friends never to associate with the devils veils but they thought i know nothing.

Back in 1983, buhari illiteracy and ignorant cost nigeria great economic meltdown that the dullard halt and paused all economic growth in the country. He canceled construction of the metro rail way system in Lagos state. Arrest Prof Ali because the massive road and other economic development the prof carried out, the lifeless one see nothing in it. due to his poor health in detention, the prof died. Of course, thanks to the record breaker of human right and violation.

It is buhari that need our pardon. undecided
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
Buhari practically killed this man in collaboration with his accursed fellow officers, yet he is shamelessly manipulating the memory of the same man in order to hang on political power three decades later.

Someone please tell Buhari to go and rest. He has messed up Nigeria's destiny as much as humanly possible.
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Myself2(m): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
E no go better for Buhari,,,,, was it not this same hater of education and hater of good things that jailed Ambrose Alli and threw away the keys till the man lost half his sight and became acutely diabetic which later killed him ?? So after Buhari killed Ambrose Alli decades ago, he now wants to use the ruse of an unwarranted presidential pardon to score cheap political points
What is a pardon ?? is it not an act of forgiving somebody's wrongs or crime which wrong or crime did Ambrose Alli commit
Bendelites (Edo & Delta people) should join hands and contribute their quota to the movement to kick the cow lover Buhari back to Daura in 2019

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Favor99(m): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
klax:
Posthumous what So that is his ticket to make heaven or that is a cheque for his kids to become Dangote or what is the usefulness of this presidential pardon for God sake? This was how foolishly MKO kids were running after award their father could not get when he is alive and useful but getting it when he is dead and the the award is useless.

Mercy after death it's absolutely rubbish. No offense just my own view but in actual fact it make no sense dead man knows nothing and can't be pardon by mortar man except God
If the man was from another tribe you wouldn’t be talking that way mcthew!
And deny and act like you don’t know what I’m saying
The guy was wrongly accused, so now he’s being pardoned? Goodness, there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s better late then never
If the man was from your state or from one of the other 35 states where ever your from you would be singing a different tune
Let’s call it what it is

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by anigold(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
Suniyamu:
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has had an audience with President Muhammadu Buhari over plea for presidential pardon for former Governor of Old Bendel State (now Edo and Delta States), late Prof. Ambrose Alli.

The President has subsequently instructed the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, to begin the process.

Governor Obaseki disclosed this during the Memorial Service held in honour of late Prof. Alli at the Saint Ambrose Catholic Church, in Emaudo, Ekpoma on Saturday, September 22, 2018.

He said he is optimistic that at the next meeting of the Council on Prerogative of Mercy, the President will officially grant the pardon.

Obaseki also assured that he is working with his Delta State counterpart to set modalities to ensure that pension due to late Alli will be paid to his widow and the family.

The governor lauded the former governor’s development strides while he held sway as the governor of what is now Delta and Edo States, noting that the feats are not just intimidating but showed how much can be achieved in just one term in office.

According to him, “I had an audience with President Muhammadu Buhari while in China and discussed the issue of a presidential pardon for late Prof. Alli and the president asked me to meet with the Attorney General of the Federation. This I have done and have also written to him.”

Delta State Governor, Mr. Ifeanyi Okowa said Delta State will continue to remember Alli for developing the state and has a lot to thank him for. “We are grateful, as his developmental strides can still be seen, years after his death,” he said.

The former governor’s eldest son, Mr. Andrew Folorunso Alli, who is the Ezomo of Ekpoma, regretted that his late father was still termed a criminal despite his contributions to the development of Delta and Edo states and Nigeria.

Source: http://thebellng.com/obaseki-approaches-buhari-seeks-official-pardon-for-ambrose-alli/

Photo 1:
L-R: Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; His Deputy, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu; Chief Judge of Edo State, Justice Esohe Ikponmwen; and Ezomo of Ekpoma, Chief Andrew Folorunso Alli, during the 29th Anniversary Mass held in honour of Late Prof. Ambrose Alli, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, in Ekpoma.
when. Is he going to pardon Abacha, oyenusi(the dreaded arm robber), boko haram and herds men...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Roger3D(m): 12:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
maestroferdi:
He will still be sent packing next year...

Reminds one of what a far better man...Jonathan was doing in 2015 to avert failure at the polls.

We all know how that one panned out.

Buhari is toast...APC cannot win any free and fair election in today's Nigeria...
You talk as though you and your family are the only ones in the country. Buhari is going nowhere come next year, we will turn out on election day in our millions to reelect him, so more tears for you
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Validated: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
Alli family and Bendelites should reject this shit.
Buhari incarcerated Alli which led to his death. Even when the alleged misappropriated money was repaid. The same Buhari now want to give Alli posthumous pardon. Hypocrisy!!!
Any posthumous pardon should wait until a nrw president is sworn in.
Edo and Delta have moral obligation to pay Alli's pension. Most members of present day Houses of Assembly benefited from Alli's free education, so have moral obligation to do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by IchBinBrait(m): 12:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
Later, some morons will still be shouting sai baba. The only thing this old man came to Aso Rock to do is to arrest people that he has beef with under the disguise of "fighting corruption". Yet some thieves which he appointed are looting billions on a low key. I'm sure Prof. Ambrose died as a result of the shock. Perhaps he never believed he would be arrested after all the remarkable infrastructure he provided to the Edo & Delta people.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Augustenite(m): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Suniyamu:
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki has had an audience with President Muhammadu Buhari over plea for presidential pardon for former Governor of Old Bendel State (now Edo and Delta States), late Prof. Ambrose Alli.

The President has subsequently instructed the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, to begin the process.

Governor Obaseki disclosed this during the Memorial Service held in honour of late Prof. Alli at the Saint Ambrose Catholic Church, in Emaudo, Ekpoma on Saturday, September 22, 2018.

He said he is optimistic that at the next meeting of the Council on Prerogative of Mercy, the President will officially grant the pardon.

Obaseki also assured that he is working with his Delta State counterpart to set modalities to ensure that pension due to late Alli will be paid to his widow and the family.

The governor lauded the former governor’s development strides while he held sway as the governor of what is now Delta and Edo States, noting that the feats are not just intimidating but showed how much can be achieved in just one term in office.

According to him, “I had an audience with President Muhammadu Buhari while in China and discussed the issue of a presidential pardon for late Prof. Alli and the president asked me to meet with the Attorney General of the Federation. This I have done and have also written to him.”

Delta State Governor, Mr. Ifeanyi Okowa said Delta State will continue to remember Alli for developing the state and has a lot to thank him for. “We are grateful, as his developmental strides can still be seen, years after his death,” he said.

The former governor’s eldest son, Mr. Andrew Folorunso Alli, who is the Ezomo of Ekpoma, regretted that his late father was still termed a criminal despite his contributions to the development of Delta and Edo states and Nigeria.

Source: http://thebellng.com/obaseki-approaches-buhari-seeks-official-pardon-for-ambrose-alli/

Photo 1:
L-R: Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki; His Deputy, Rt. Hon. Philip Shaibu; Chief Judge of Edo State, Justice Esohe Ikponmwen; and Ezomo of Ekpoma, Chief Andrew Folorunso Alli, during the 29th Anniversary Mass held in honour of Late Prof. Ambrose Alli, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, in Ekpoma.

Hello friends,

Do you have or know someone that has scrap/damage car battery, inverter battery or other forms of wet or dry cell batteries for sale.
kindly Dm for instant payment

07061928213 or 09059025820

Their is cash on ground
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by EmirAbj: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
Quran Also Said It
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by cyrilamx(m): 12:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
stagger:

Everyone who was close to that situation knew that Ambrose Alli did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to be branded a criminal. Anyone who went to school in then Bendel State and enjoyed the free education, free exercise books, free textbooks of the UPN governments know that Ambrose Alli sacrificed his life, career and all for Bendel State. He died a broken, blind and ailing Professor.

But guess what? A certain Major General Muhammadu Buhari and his Supreme Military Council threw Ambrose Alli, Bisi Onabanjo, Lateef Jakande, and other UPN and NPP governors such as Sam Mbakwe, Solomon Lar and Jim Nwobodo in prison. He also threw Alex Ekwueme in prison and then proceeded to jail Tunde Thompson and Nduka Irabor under Decree 4. We still do not know how many unlucky others were served similar or worse fates by the NSO.

Meanwhile Shehu Shagari was set free and the Kwara guy (I think his name was Aliyu Atta) was "jailed" in a hospital bed.

Tell me, between 1984/85 and what we are seeing today, what has changed?
Sir for once be honest. Alli we all knew wasnt corrupt but he couldn't account for 900,000 plus state fund which was a huge amont those days. The Buhari/Idiagbon regime came at a time when corruption was at its zenith...an imminent recession...Because of this, Shagari led NPN govt ordered Ghanians to leave Nigeria with the slogan "Ghana must go." Umaru Dikko the all powerful Shagari minister was importing rice meant for feeding pigs for Nigerians to consume. Nigerians were fed up and indeed troop to the street to celebrate the ouster of Shagari's govt. Many politicians were rounded up and jailed- both from North and South. Shagari was placed on house arrest, Alex Ekwueme was jailed for cash found in his bed room. But onething is it was a Northern that was given the lengthiest sentence. ex gov. of kano state was jailed for 300 yrs ...other Northern govt also got heavier sentences. if not that that regime was cut short by IBB, sanity would have bern hallmark of Nigeria today. pkz dont make it look like all southern governors were jailed why Northerns were left free.

The Untold Story of Sabo Bakin Zuwo, Kano Governor Sentenced To ...

https://www.onlinenigeria.com › stories

22 Apr 2017 · SABO BAKIN ZUWO, Former Governor Kano State. ... As a result, he was sentenced to 300 years in prison in 1985 by a Special Military Tribunal alongside Alhaji Muhammadu ...
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Just2endowed2(m): 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2018
shotuns:
haba. . . simple English, Read again and again to understand the report. . . Ingnorance to many is bliss. . . simply put. .
" He was sentenced, fine was paid, then he was released"
Illiteracy is a disease.

thats why i said most of us don't read history. Did you know how he was sentenced? do you know who found him guilty? and you believe a tyrant like the lifeless one will judge wisely during the coup he supervised and having taking peoples power by force through the gun.
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Just2endowed2(m): 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2018
Favor99:

If the man was from another tribe you wouldn’t be talking that way mcthew!
And deny and act like you don’t know what I’m saying
The guy was wrongly accused, so now he’s being pardoned? Goodness, there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s better late then never
If the man was from your state or from one of the other 35 states where ever your from you would be singing a different tune
Let’s call it what it is

and who accused him wrongly?
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by GistFullGround: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
Buhari is a fool

What did Ambrose Alli do that you killed him?

Yet some demented Edo people still voted for APC
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
What I find particularly sad is that there was a time, 'thieving politicians' like Ambrose Alli and Lateef Jakande built 600 schools, universities, large low cost housing estates, massive road construction etc, while today's politicians are content to build bus-stops, and pedestrian bridges (side-eye at Ambode). If this nation had sustained half the tempo of those old guys, we all would be better off today.

EkoErrands:
Someone did all these

"He established over 600 new secondary schools, and abolished secondary school fees. Apart from the establishment of the University, he also established various colleges of Education in Ekiadolor near Benin City, Agbor, Warri, Ozoro and Agbor, and three Polytechnics, with a college of agriculture and fishery proposed for Agenebode. He also established four teachers training colleges to supply staff to the new schools, as well as several other higher educational institutions. In 1981 he laid the foundation of the Bendel State University, which is now named the Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma. Other reforms included abolishing charges for services and drugs at state-owned hospitals and eliminating the flat-rate tax. His administration carried out massive construction of roads to open up the rural areas. In the housing sector he built low cost housing estates in Ugbowo, Ikpoba Hill in Benin City, and Bendel Estates in Warri. As Governor, he always wore sandals, joking that he was so busy working in Government House that he never had time to buy shoes for himself."

And they said he misappropriated 900k and jailed him for 100 years.... This sounds typical of a Fulani conspiracy. Anywhere Fulani is this is the type of things you hear. I'm very sure they nailed him because of the free education. Nothing scares Fulanis more than free education in any region...because they know education is the only thing that can upsurge their indefinite hold on power.
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by khvnggift(m): 1:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
otunde527:

Sure secret oo
Who know know
. Biko tel me d secret oh. Glo 4 here na tortise
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by comos: 1:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
please they should allow papa Ambrose Alli to rest in peace
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by mikolo4us: 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
God punish you Buhari....to hell with you, Obaseki and you pardon....a Felon like you have no moral justification to pardon anyone. You disgruntled panel that was setup up without following proper legal procedure and Constitution. Buhari you persecuted Ambrose Alli,,,,,,you should be on your knees asking for forgiveness. This will not make Esan People vote you cause they all know your antecedence

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Xion20: 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
Just2endowed2:

they are hunting buhari...they cannot rip
Are u monitoring how the dead Hunt's the living! Funny bro.
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Xion20: 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
wellmax:

Illiterate.
He was sentenced, fine was paid, then he was released. Simple English.
U mean, u no fit teach person wetin he no sabi without slap?
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by sexyanyabubakar(f): 3:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mostfavoured010:
First to comment shocked again ,Glo is the secret grin

Buhari is a failure ,he wants to scam we Yoruba by honoring MKO, we Osun have been doing him strong thing with the result of Saturday poll.

Edo & Delta people won't fall for this scam,

GEJ that his adminstration isn't worst like this was given red card.

Back2Daura will be a goal

Take your share of Abacha Loot. This Unemployment Benefit is only for UNEMPLOYD LAZY NIGERIAN YOOTS

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by sexyanyabubakar(f): 3:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Roger3D:
You talk as though you and your family are the only ones in the country. Buhari is going nowhere come next year, we will turn out on election day in our millions to reelect him, so more tears for you
How can i buy the Latest Power Bike when Baba keeps paying Npower graduates 30k BMC stipend monthly

Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Lance07(m): 3:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
Please dot forget to grant Chief James Onanefe Ibori presidential pardon too...
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by Mostfavoured010(m): 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
sexyanyabubakar:
Take your share of Abacha Loot. This Unemployment Benefit is only for UNEMPLOYD LAZY NIGERIAN YOOTS
you're stupid, you should be concerned if your mom has collected that penury grant out of Abacha loot shocked
Re: Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon To Ambrose Alli by paix(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2018
Government of the dead, for the dead and by the dead. People that are alive can't get employment, no salaries for the workers, no good hospitals, cost of living is very high; yet they are busy granting pardon for the dead. Na wa for Nigeria o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zoning: El-Rufai Backs South, Says No Northerner Should Contest In 2023 / Post-election Statement By The Only Female Presidential Aspirant / Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.