Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not (26697 Views)

Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Didnot - Allison Madueke / Asari Dokubo's Wife Reacts To Buhari's Planned Probe Of Missing $20bn / I Will Probe Sanusi’s Allegation Of Missing $20bn – Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Godwin10123: 10:48am On Jun 07, 2015
Diezani Alison-Madueke Says She Did Not Steal The Missing $20bn And No One Should Wrongly Accuse Her

Nigeria's Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, has debunked allegations of stealing the missing $20bn. She says she was wrongly accused and has become the most abused minister today.

While disclosing this in a recent interview with Thisday Newspaper, she said...

"I must say it is very upsetting for me. Because I don’t stand out there shouting to Nigerians that I am not corrupt, they keep accusing me irrationally."

"When you are sitting here and trying to do all these work – everyday, you hear outside that $20 billion is missing under your watch – and even while you were trying to explain to Nigerians that such did not happen, you hear again about $18.5 billion."

"Then you see all kinds of stupid stories that start surfacing as if I am sitting on a barrel of money or a house full of money. When people come into my house every day and they can see what is in the house."

"So at a certain time, it looked as if despite all you think you have done for the betterment of the sector and country, it seemed like a group of people had decided that you should be the target no matter what you said or did." 

"Yet, I have a family, I have a husband, children, grandchildren, who everyday are on the internet seeing all sorts of nonsense written about me.

They look at me in prison garments, with handcuffs and all sorts of rubbish, and then Nigerians are saying I should be more open. You know there is a balance to everything in life." 

"Did we make mistakes? There would always be mistakes. But please do not say I stole $20 billion or $18.5 billion because I did not at any point in time. And if NNPC misappropriated funds or so, they have the entire explanation and more forensic audit should be done to determine how and why. But people should not make damaging accusations which have nothing to do with an individual. At no point did I steal from the Nigerian state."

"In fact, the first mantra I had from the time I came in was that I will never touch anything that has to do with the Federation Account and I never did and I will take that to my grave. 

So I will suggest that this issue of $20 billion or $18 billion be dropped because that is the major problem I had with my job. I was accused of unsavoury things, but which were actually accusations against NNPC and the audit was deployed to clarify all these things.

So let us deal with the issues. I have never gone around accusing people of doing this or that, I have always stuck with the issues even when I was the most abused minister, I was professional, I stuck to the issues and responded only to the issues," she said.

Read more excerpts from the interview below...

On the N10 billion private jets lease, Why did you do that?

First of all, nobody can lease a jet for N10 billion over a period. You can buy three jets for N10 billion. So that was obviously a nonsensical argument and I did not lease any jet.

The NNPC leased those jets to the best of my knowledge because at that point in time, they had no official planes. They leased the private jets for executive movement and operations in general, as had always been the case. 

But it was alleged that it was for your personal use?

No, it was not for my personal use, it was for executive movement, which has always been the case.

Is there any truth in the allegation that you have run away from the country or gone into exile?

Starting from the running away, I will say no. I didn’t run away from the country. I had said clearly to everybody a few months ago that I have been coming out regularly from early this year for treatments. 

In fact, everybody would remember that in March I had a major operation and I have been coming out for treatments periodically. It is a necessary treatment, so I have not run away at all. 

So those were my concerns and another concern is the kind of nastiness that has been thrown at my person, for what I can see as the sole reason why somebody got up and said $20 billion was missing or misappropriated; okay it is now $18.5 billion and all kinds of mud was thrown at you as if you picked up the $18.5 billion and walked out through the door. 

Essentially, these are my concerns. Please go and investigate it and make your report available, but please stop accusing people irrationally.

So what exactly is the nature of your illness; is it true that it is cancerous in nature?

That is a private matter that should not concern the public.

*Interview excerpts culled from Thisday*
http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2015/06/diezani-alison-madueke-says-she-did-not.html?m=1

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/alison-madueke-let-no-one-say-i-stole-20bn-because-i-did-not/211341/

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 07, 2015
Forensic audit foresee Audi Ni, angry you don delete archives abi ? God will catch u soon

10 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Elslim: 11:00am On Jun 07, 2015
wind go soon blow..

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by POPdecorator: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2015
She's confesing bcs of her cancer of probing

11 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2015
Get well soon first, return home and then we shall see. angry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by VickJames(m): 11:06am On Jun 07, 2015
You didn't steal it, we agree.
Who did you borrow?

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 07, 2015
Time will tell!

4 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by 9niceguy(m): 11:07am On Jun 07, 2015
Arrant nonsense... God will pardon your sin and heal you from every sickness. Just refund Nigeria money. Period!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Godwin10123: 11:17am On Jun 07, 2015
Guys, on the other hand what if she is saying the truth that she is innocent? She sounds confident. May be no money Was missing!!! May be na propaganda!! (Just saying)

48 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by davspog2(m): 11:34am On Jun 07, 2015
Of course! She's innocent until proved otherwise in the court or by an investigatory panel, but madam if you truly mistakenly stole of mis-appropriated funds! You would sing like a canary when it's time

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Tattooboy: 11:40am On Jun 07, 2015
Iya gbagbe! Ole ni yin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by abduljabbar4(m): 11:45am On Jun 07, 2015
Godwin10123:
Guys, on the other hand what if she is saying the truth that she is innocent? She sounds confident. May be no money Was missing!!! May be na propaganda!! (Just saying)
Then you are just saying rubbish

95 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by davspog2(m): 11:49am On Jun 07, 2015
One more thing Madam minister, why does everyone have an inkling that you stole or the NNPC which you head is corrupt?

8 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by iluvnaija: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2015
All these bloggers looking for traffic.
When and where did you see Madueke? Is it in the hospital? Or you followed her to London?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Godwin10123: 11:53am On Jun 07, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Then you are just saying rubbish
Only a fool thinks in one direction!!!

37 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by abduljabbar4(m): 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
Godwin10123:

Only a fool thinks in one direction!!!
K

3 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by doctokwus: 12:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
Godwin10123:
She is a damn liar.If that woman walks free then this change mantra is all a hoax.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by ashson: 12:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
See the Thief, court will do its preceding

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by otokx(m): 12:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
The questions were not specific and she kept beating round the bush talking generally.

She may end up going to the grave in peace no thanks to our "efficient" legal system.

3 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by LEOSIRSIR(m): 12:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Yeye dey smell
She should just come back home and give in details her stewardship then we go know if truly its a propaganda or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by spenca: 12:59pm On Jun 07, 2015
First of all, thank you for asserting 20billion is missing

9 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by stevecantrell: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
Madam, I put it to you that you are lying about your health and the missing money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Maximus17(m): 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 07, 2015
No body is talking of other past & present ministers,governors,senators & presidents that has stolen more money than tthe said $20b.

Beautiful lady/mum

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by 15thMonica: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
Will u shattap dir undecided

awon Oleh jatijati.

btw, if you need to add more inches to your manhood. see my signature
Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Aitee1: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now this is funny, sounds like kids accusing each other of stealing pencil in primary school!

9ja government officials should stop stealing our oil money and what pains me most is this oil they're stealing the money and sharing is in my backyard angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Expsbterror(m): 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2015
OK... Simple she stole more.. ..

By the way a big SHIOR to you all tongue
Maximus17(m)
sauceny(m):
ipledge01
handsomeclouds
Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by ipledge01: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
By the time you're chilling your butt in jail you will know you stole it wink

1 Like

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by salbis(m): 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
Whatever goes up, must surely come down.

2 Likes

Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
This land is gonna be fertile. To buy, pls contact me directly
Re: Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 07, 2015
ipledge01:
F

Hahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supporting Buhari Was A Serious Mistake — Fawehinmi / Nigeria May Lose Niger Republic’s $665m Yearly Energy Cash / Aso Villa Guards Grumble Over Unpaid Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.