Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,050 members, 7,835,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times (19121 Views)

National Assembly Postpones Resumption / BREAKING: National Assembly Postpones Resumption (REASONS) / Kemi Adeosun Forged NYSC Certificate - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by fergie001: 7:49am On Sep 24, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Saraki vs Buhari.....

Very high IQ vs extremely Low IQ

I cringe to think about Saraki winning PDP ticket (unlikely) and challenging Buhari to a debate

Buhari that read a prepared speech to primary school kids....
Verily Verily,I say unto you......you are heartless grin grin
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by kollinpowel(m): 7:55am On Sep 24, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

This news gives u joy bah??.....the legislature was shut down due to politics, everything in d country pending all cos of the interest of certain people..and u r rejoicing...... God help u.
bros don't u know we have so many educated illiterate on this forum, that is y I only comments when I see people with sense.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by OLUWABIG(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2018
Tolexander:
Everything is now a chess game

Saraki is a game player, delaying the resumption, against being impeached by APC loyalists in the chamber.

Some APC loyalists will be so happy with this, having to know their fate after the party primary and the fulfillment of the promised automatic ticket, before embarking on the impeachment process.

Nobody wants to lose.

This saraki guy is the mourinho of Nigerian politics
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 24, 2018
I thank you all for supporting being paid for not working... Nigeria youths we hail thee!!!

2 Likes

Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by thatigboman: 8:16am On Sep 24, 2018
W3xy1:
Does it mean their resumption date is also inconclusive?
yes o, everything in naija now is inconclusive
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by poet2003: 8:19am On Sep 24, 2018
quote author=Doerstech post=71473014]Game of CHESS[/quote]the game should b played wisely
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by poet2003: 8:20am On Sep 24, 2018
Saraki will still not escape ... impeachment and relegation awaits him
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by danwa25(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2018
It shows his personal interest is above Nigeria interest
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 24, 2018
udemzy101:

grin how old are you? You better go and watch cartoon.
God bless you real good, ur quote is the most adequate for that kindergarten comment.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by adesina746: 8:37am On Sep 24, 2018
NextGovernor:

U don't know politics. He is simply delaying it till after primary so that all those APC that was promised automatic ticket go know say na fraud.. By then they will all be sympathetic with Saraki and he will now Lord over APC and Oshiomole then. Lol

And is it the right thing to do?
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by hush15: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2018
NextGovernor:

U don't know politics. He is simply delaying it till after primary so that all those APC that was promised automatic ticket go know say na fraud.. By then they will all be sympathetic with Saraki and he will now Lord over APC and Oshiomole then. Lol

Are you minding the irredeemable zombies, even more to what you said, with the primaries reshuffled, all NASS members who have ambitions to come back or go for other elective post wont be active in the chambers as they will all be pursuing their political careers. So its even a waste of time them resuming. By the time the primaries are done with, everybody will know where they truly stand and even more is PDP who has also posted its primaries will be able to accomodate more defectors after the whole brohaha
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by adesina746: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

This news gives u joy bah??.....the legislature was shut down due to politics, everything in d country pending all cos of the interest of certain people..and u r rejoicing...... God help u.

That is Nigerians. My wish is for them to even vote for and we will be here when they come back to cry. That guy destroyed kwara throughout his tenure and even as senate president he has done nothing for kwara. Kwaras road was the worst in North central those that ply kwara well will tell you. But Nigerians are letting sentiments take over them. Buhari has his errors too in governance but his combo and osinbajo is still better. Even National assembly that Saraki is leading there is no improvement wether in infrastructure or other areas. I wish Nigerians well
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Ihateyoumod: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
madridsta007:

Is the legislature the President?
Is it the National Assembly that took 6 months to appoint forged certificate holders?

What sort of stupid comment is this. What does ministerial appointment have to do with the senate president shutting down d legislative arm of govt indefinitely for his own selfish interest

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
Saraki right now to buhari them and apc them hahahahahahahahahahahahaahh.......
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Ihateyoumod: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
Mklanceee:

You should be blaming the political parties for shifting their primaries. The break was to enable senator attend to matters regarding their reelection and the parties decided to shift the primary ,so it is normal for them to also shift resumption.

Dumb comment
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Ihateyoumod: 9:12am On Sep 24, 2018
futurism:
bros, buhari left the country for months, the country did not fall. He took 6 months to appoint his idiotic ministers and others, the country did not fall... We will survive this. I am for anything to send that monster out of that seat.

Buhari was ill, had to treat himself...we can all see d changes in his appearance. Even if he took 6months to appoint ministers does tht mean the ministries were shut down?.....weren't they functioning. I guess u do not know d job of permanent secretaries. Even wen buhari went to treat himself he handed power over to his vice to continue the process of governance.

See ur comparison is dumb, it doesn't even apply...

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Ihateyoumod: 9:16am On Sep 24, 2018
udemzy101:

Shut down due to politics? Are you a zombie?

Be objective pls, its a norm that the Senate must go on recess, so Where's the politic there?

If the senate must go on recess, they refused to reconvene even when there was and still is a pressing matter on ground, everyone knew bfre hand tht saraki wouldn't reconvene the senate until after primaries.....u can deny to urself all u want tht this isnt political. Saraki cannot deceive us all.

1 Like

Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 24, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

Dumb comment
dumb to empty head and lifeless people like you
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by shekauvsbuhari: 9:24am On Sep 24, 2018
adem30:
This is the clear indication that Saraki has lost the Senate President seat. You can't run for ever
how? Pls explain.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by godliman: 9:30am On Sep 24, 2018
adem30:
This is the clear indication that Saraki has lost the Senate President seat. You can't run for ever
Dont dance until the match is over.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by shekauvsbuhari: 9:34am On Sep 24, 2018
lilbest4:
Why hasn't Oshiomole opened this NASS
oshomole is now beginning 2 understand that he is not stting over Edo state. His initial gragra has stopped and he is not talking giving orders up and down again. Im eye don dey clear.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Focusmind: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2018
thunder74:
By then it will be very obvious that Oshiomole automatic tickets promises are all fraud.

Those APC guys wants to be sure of Osho baba promise of automatic ticket before they carry out the impeachment plan. Very smart!
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by madridsta007(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

What sort of stupid comment is this. What does ministerial appointment have to do with the senate president shutting down d legislative arm of govt indefinitely for his own selfish interest

I find your comment inane and ignorant— and I’m sure hundreds of others do too. How a postponement of resumption by a week by the National Assembly will affect a nation, is beyond me. Will the immediate resumption of the National Assembly reverse the current economic woe, resurrect dead soldiers which the government has hurriedly buried, resurrect all those who’ve been killed in Plateau, Taraba, Benue? Is Saraki your President?
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by trinity11(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2018
I knew it, and to an extent I do not blame saraki for all these "bruhaha" I blame the burari led executive.

A close look at the NASS one can tell that it is not easy to dribble them like saraki did emerging as the SP, I knew he wasn't the one APC had in mind to occupy that seat.

instead of them(APC) to build a political structure around him (saraki), they decided to treat him like an outcast, they indirectly strip him off his prestige as the SP, they perpetually rendered him powerless. they forgot that another election will come.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 24, 2018
Ihateyoumod:

If the senate must go on recess, they refused to reconvene even when there was and still is a pressing matter on ground, everyone knew bfre hand tht saraki wouldn't reconvene the senate until after primaries.....u can deny to urself all u want tht this isnt political. Saraki cannot deceive us all.

You have nothing to say oga.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by GuntersChain(m): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2018
Saraki the game changer. Is another one.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Yankee101: 11:15am On Sep 24, 2018
As APC don postpone too. Cat snd mouse things
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by yinnyme(m): 11:17am On Sep 24, 2018
angelawoko:
Nigeria’s National Assembly has postponed it’s resumption.

The parliament will now resume on October 9 instead of September 25 earlier slated.

The postponement was contained in a statement by the National Assembly clerk, Mohammed Sani-Omolori, addressed to the lawmakers.

“This is to inform all Distinguished Senators and Honourable Members that resumption of plenary session earlier scheduled for Tuesday, 25th September has been postponed to Tuesday 9th October due to the activities of the primaries of the political parties.

“All Distinguished Senators and Honourable members are expected to resume plenary session by 10 am on the 9th of October, please,” the statement reads.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/285991-breaking-national-assembly-postpones-resumption.html

Resumption date is after parties primaries.
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by mamaafrik(m): 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mklanceee:

you will still need the national assembly to make the outcome of your referendum a law
yes i know,tell me they won't convene if hear that he triggers a National conference that is championed with a "pay as you sit" salary or a mono camera legislature.Tell me they won't
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 24, 2018
mamaafrik:
yes i know,tell me they won't convene if hear that he triggers a National conference that is championed with a "pay as you sit" salary or a mono camera legislature.Tell me they won't
you should also do same for the executive. the problem of Nigeria laws is that they give room for misbehavior.too much power for the executive and legislative arm of government.
financial power should be taken from them and given to the LGA which will make power closer to the people. the presidency and and members of the national assembly should only be paid monthly salary. all other financial project should be executed by LGA
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by koboko69: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
NextGovernor:

All this kids sef.. una go dey talk like say PDP nor get primaries do too.....
What kind of brains do u guys have sef?
Re: National Assembly Postpones Resumption Premium Times by mamaafrik(m): 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mklanceee:
you should also do same for the executive. the problem of Nigeria laws is that they give room for misbehavior.too much power for the executive and legislative arm of government.
financial power should be taken from them and given to the LGA which will make power closer to the people. the presidency and and members of the national assembly should only be paid monthly salary. all other financial project should be executed by LGA
it'z part of what should be done,security votes , unmerging LGA and state govt account too.only a selfless president like him could swing such power.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo’s Office Not Sidelined – Presidency / Egwu Chidiebere Goodluck Resgins From Umahi’s Cabinet / Abidemi Rufai: US Submits 97,000-Page Evidence Against Gov Abiodun's Aide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.