Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Stand Up For Freedom, Dapo Abiodun Charges Ogun APC Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stand Up For Freedom, Dapo Abiodun Charges Ogun APC Members (352 Views)

Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake / Meet Dapo Abiodun, The Ogun APC Governorship Candidate / Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade: Amosun’s Preferred Ogun APC Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stand Up For Freedom, Dapo Abiodun Charges Ogun APC Members by lalekanyinusa(m): 9:48pm On Sep 23, 2018
Stand up for freedom, Dapo Abiodun charges Ogun APC members

A governorship aspirant in the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodu, has charged members of the party to stand up and fight for their freedom and allow their vote to count by choosing their candidate by themselves and not allow indirect primaries to prevail where they can have their says.

Dapo made this charge during his whistle stop tour with members of Ogun APC in Abeokuta South, Imeko Afon and Yewa North local governments.

He recalled on how he has supported the incumbent governor to achieve his ambition to be a governor of the state.

He said, "I was one of the people who went to plead for the incumbent governor to be allowed to govern the state in 2007 but we failed. After that election, we realise we didn't do stomach infrastructure. Then we try again in 2011 with 11 state house of Assembly members around the state which I personally financed. "

Dapo, who wondered why the incumbent governor does not want to support his governorship ambition said "I wonder where I've wronged the governor with my ambition, with all the support I gave him then, not that he gave me any post or my loyalist which I never questioned him for".

He however challenge the people to fight for their freedom as electorates by allowing the party to conduct its direct primaries.

He described the plan to elect candidates of the party for 2019 election through the delegate system as an indirect admittance of failure on the part of the outgoing governor, adding that a government that is really in touch with the people would not be afraid of putting its fate in the hands of the electorates.

He promised to return party to the people if he is elected as the APC aspirant to run along with other party aspirants for 2019.

"I promise to return the party to the people because the party belong to the people and not individual or a family party that some people feels they should have control", he assured.

He implored party members across the state not to give up on their clamour for direct primaries as recommended by the national leadership of the party, assuring them that there is no going back until the will of the people prevails.

He also urge the party faithfuls to use the ongoing continuous membership registration of our great party via the internet to drive the membership of the party.

Re: Stand Up For Freedom, Dapo Abiodun Charges Ogun APC Members by Mostfavoured010(m): 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2018
grin

(1) (Reply)

National Assembly Extends Resumption Date To October 9 (SEE WHY) / Mole Planted To Scuttle Apc’s Chances In 2019 By PDP / Breaking: NLC Suspends Strike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.