Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake (32762 Views)

Kenneth Okonkwo: I Did Not Defect From APC, I resigned / APC: I Have Never Lost Any Election In 44 Years Of Politics – Abdullahi Adamu / I Regret Ever Joining Apc, I Wish I Had Listened To Nnamdi Kanu, - Gov Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by ymedia(m): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2018
What appeared as last minute efforts by the Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, to have the governorship candidacy of Hon. Abdul-Kabir Adekunle Akinlade upheld was, on Sunday, suffered a setback as President Muhammadu Buhari was said to have declared that he lacked the power to upturn the decision taken by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the matter.

Governor Amosun had, on Sunday, led the Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, the Olu of Ilaro and the Paramount Ruler of Yewaland, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle and the former Minister of State for Education, Senator Iyabo Anisulowo, to allegedly plead with President Buhari, to intervene in the happenings in Ogun APC.

The details of the meeting could not be immediately ascertained, but according to a reliable source, the president made it clear to the delegate that he could not interfere in the party affairs, especially on the decision that had been decided upon and ratified by the NWC.

The source further informed our correspondent that members of the delegation, which met with the president around mid-day, had flown to Abuja around 8.30a.m from Lagos on a chattered flight, to exert their influence on Buhari to prevail on the national leadership of the party, to allow Amosun’s anointed governorship candidate scale through as APC candidate in the state.

This plea, according to the source, was declined by the president, who declared the delegation that intervening in the issue would negate his principle of non interference in party affairs.

Though, as as the time of filing this report, there was no official statement on the reason for the delegate’s visit to Abuja, but the source insisted that the visit was simply to paint Dapo Abiodun as a wrong APC governorship candidate and make case for Akinlade.

Earlier, the campaign organization of Dapo Abiodun, had raised the alarm over an attempt to upturn the victory of Abiodun as the Ogun State APC governorship candidate.

In a statement by the Director of Media of the organisation, Emmanuel Ojo, the organisation claimed it was aware of concluded plans by the state governor to commission two highly revered Paramount Rulers from Ogun State to go and plead with President Buhari not to accept the candidature Abiodun, who according to it remained the valid candidate of the party.

The statement reads in part: “Having failed with so many attempts geared towards legalising illegality, including a botched attempt to get an ex parte order at the Federal High Court Abeokuta, on Friday, October 19, it is quite unfortunate that Governor Amosun is using his position of authority to unduly influence and mobilize respected traditional leaders for such hatched job.

“This act is capable of desecrating the symbol of peace and unity which our traditional leaders stand for and must be widely condemned by concerned citizens of Ogun State at home and abroad.

“Our traditional leaders should not be dragged into this kind of murky politics which is heavily laden with ulterior and selfish motive being singlehandedly pursued by the governor, who is frantically and desperately looking for every possible means to upturn the final decision of party members in the state, and duly ratified by the NWC of our great party.

“We all know that our dear president is a peace loving man whose integrity cannot be compromised. He will not upturn the mandate that had been freely given to Prince Dapo Abiodun by all members of Ogun APC, in a bid to satisfy any personal interest.

“The general public is hereby put on notice, as we call on well-meaning citizens of Ogun State to kindly find out the real reason behind Mr. Governor’s desperate moves to install Hon Akinlade at all cost. It appears there is more to this than meet the eyes.

Read More: https://dailyinfo.com.ng/2018/10/22/ogun-apc-i-cant-upturn-nwcs-decision-buhari-tells-amosun-alake/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Racoon(m): 12:01pm On Oct 22, 2018
Fascist governors.Well let them all reap the consequences of the impunity & lawlessness that they have created.

26 Likes

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by adem30: 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2018
Thank you Mr. President.

Nigeria governors are the set of worst leaders in this country. So wicked and selfish

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Mmlanrehh(m): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2018
I think Amosu got so many skeleton in his wardrobe

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by hisexcellency34: 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
Monkey Amosun. He keeps deceiving himself that he is Buhari's right hand man. Now he took Ogun state kings to Aso Rock to prostrate. Yeye man

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by IamPatriotic(m): 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2018
Amosun should relax. when a matter is beyond you, it's beyond you...

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by SarkinYarki: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
You mean the Governor took Alake there to go and beg ? Well I hear the Alake is a very good lobbyist

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by sanpipita(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2018
God will continue to bless oshiomhole for the good works he is doing in APC

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by leisuretym: 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
shameless kings!!

11 Likes

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by PapalsbuII: 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
i stand with Oshiomole

apc governors can go and die or decamp grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by NaijaMutant(f): 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Monkey Amosun. He keeps deceiving himself that he is Buhari's right hand man. Now he took Ogun state kings to Aso Rock to prostrate. Yeye man

Slavery is inbred to certain group of people wink

I pity the supposedly hallowed kings prostrating to a dullard undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by PapalsbuII: 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2018
sanpipita:
God will continue to bless oshiomhole for the good works he is doing in APC
Insha'Allah amin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
Puppet installers are fighting back when they loose.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by codedguy1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
The dullard can also not interfare with the NHIS crisis abi.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Hotfreezer: 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
So, Amosun can beg?

Amosun's arrogance is appalling. When he unilaterally wrote the list of party candidates without them winning primaries or anything, he didn't know.

Akinlade is not the only Yewa man on the ballot, GNI too is there. Abiodun is also an APC man. He should pick one of them and support.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by NaijaMutant(f): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2018
PapalsbuII:
i stand with Oshiomole

apc governors can go and die

Let them die quickly so that PDP governors can take over cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by DeBiafran: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2018
Anything to RIP APC is ok by sensible Nigerians

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by kay7: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
hisexcellency34:

He took Egba Kings.

His Imperial Majesty, Oba Adetona, The Awujale of Ijebu Land will not join this type of mission. He is a Royal Father to the core. Non-patisan! Hail Awujale

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Toosure70: 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2018
Asiwaju 1 - 0 Amosun
I STAND WITH JAGABAN

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by chukwuibuipob: 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2018
sad Amosun is a Thief.Still dey waste Ogun state money to bribe King.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by fepopos: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2018
Why is this man disturbing himself......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Bobbyfreshh(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2018
ymedia:
What appeared as last minute efforts by the Ogun State governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, to have the governorship candidacy of Hon. Abdul-Kabir Adekunle Akinlade upheld was, on Sunday, suffered a setback as President Muhammadu Buhari was said to have declared that he lacked the power to upturn the decision taken by the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the matter.

Governor Amosun had, on Sunday, led the Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Gbadebo, the Olu of Ilaro and the Paramount Ruler of Yewaland, Oba Kehinde Olugbenle and the former Minister of State for Education, Senator Iyabo Anisulowo, to allegedly plead with President Buhari, to intervene in the happenings in Ogun APC.

The details of the meeting could not be immediately ascertained, but according to a reliable source, the president made it clear to the delegate that he could not interfere in the party affairs, especially on the decision that had been decided upon and ratified by the NWC.

The source further informed our correspondent that members of the delegation, which met with the president around mid-day, had flown to Abuja around 8.30a.m from Lagos on a chattered flight, to exert their influence on Buhari to prevail on the national leadership of the party, to allow Amosun’s anointed governorship candidate scale through as APC candidate in the state.

This plea, according to the source, was declined by the president, who declared the delegation that intervening in the issue would negate his principle of non interference in party affairs.

Though, as as the time of filing this report, there was no official statement on the reason for the delegate’s visit to Abuja, but the source insisted that the visit was simply to paint Dapo Abiodun as a wrong APC governorship candidate and make case for Akinlade.

Earlier, the campaign organization of Dapo Abiodun, had raised the alarm over an attempt to upturn the victory of Abiodun as the Ogun State APC governorship candidate.

In a statement by the Director of Media of the organisation, Emmanuel Ojo, the organisation claimed it was aware of concluded plans by the state governor to commission two highly revered Paramount Rulers from Ogun State to go and plead with President Buhari not to accept the candidature Abiodun, who according to it remained the valid candidate of the party.

The statement reads in part: “Having failed with so many attempts geared towards legalising illegality, including a botched attempt to get an ex parte order at the Federal High Court Abeokuta, on Friday, October 19, it is quite unfortunate that Governor Amosun is using his position of authority to unduly influence and mobilize respected traditional leaders for such hatched job.

“This act is capable of desecrating the symbol of peace and unity which our traditional leaders stand for and must be widely condemned by concerned citizens of Ogun State at home and abroad.

“Our traditional leaders should not be dragged into this kind of murky politics which is heavily laden with ulterior and selfish motive being singlehandedly pursued by the governor, who is frantically and desperately looking for every possible means to upturn the final decision of party members in the state, and duly ratified by the NWC of our great party.

“We all know that our dear president is a peace loving man whose integrity cannot be compromised. He will not upturn the mandate that had been freely given to Prince Dapo Abiodun by all members of Ogun APC, in a bid to satisfy any personal interest.

“The general public is hereby put on notice, as we call on well-meaning citizens of Ogun State to kindly find out the real reason behind Mr. Governor’s desperate moves to install Hon Akinlade at all cost. It appears there is more to this than meet the eyes.

Read More: https://dailyinfo.com.ng/2018/10/22/ogun-apc-i-cant-upturn-nwcs-decision-buhari-tells-amosun-alake/

.. Amosun thinks itz by shining dirty teeth's all the time with Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Kwamecron(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2018
grin. My man for the Job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by AtikuDeman: 12:55pm On Oct 22, 2018
wink

Amosun is a fool, Buhari who can't upturn what happens in the other room, he expects to care about what happens in another state

These fools don't even know the lifeless one grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by mkoabiola: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2018
D power bloggers outsmarted Amosu at the 11th hour

Decamp or save ur political career

One of d pains of being am Abuja boyz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by forgiveness: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2018
Na wa ooooo
Re: Ogun APC : I Can’t Upturn Nwc’s Decision – Buhari Tells Amosun, Alake by Laredojohn(m): 1:07pm On Oct 22, 2018
Hmm they wanted Oyegun out by force, installed their former colleague, now they are not happy because what they expected isn't happening... Am sure Osibajos comment on traditional rulers being partisan at the Aláàfin of Oyo Birthday celebration was referring to the Aláké because he was already aware of their moves, the Governor playing leader in the State where the Vice President hails from, Dapo Abiodun is from the zoned area in Ogun State the VP hails from the Remo division.. Definitely more reason they can't substitute him for the Yewa person, moreso an ally of jagaban...

10 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu And Bisi Akande Laugh Out Loud As They Meet In Aso Rock (Photos) / Oluwaseun Sakaba: No Forgiveness For Boko Haram Terrorists Who Killed My Husband / Peter Obi Wows The Candidates Audience, Intrigues Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.