Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? (873 Views)

How To Formulate A Hypothesis For Your Research Study / Real Analysis II - Riemann Integral / Mathematicians Revive Abandoned Approach To The Riemann Hypothesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by HelpingHands100: 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2018
The real proof might be here at last. One of the greatest mathematicians alive, Sir Atiya Micheal, is set to provide a proof of the Riemann Hypothesis, a mathematical problem dating over a century. Many have claimed to solve this problem, but the real proof still eludes mathematicians across the globe. His proof might be the solution to one of the most famous open problems in mathematics.

I will be reporting live from Germany tomorrow, in the Heidelberg laureate forum, a meeting which is aimed at bringing together laureates of Mathematics and Computer science and young promising researchers in those fields, for close interaction and possible mentorship.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2180406-famed-mathematician-claims-proof-of-160-year-old-riemann-hypothesis/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by HelpingHands100: 9:54pm On Sep 23, 2018
This is important, how can I push it to front page? Mods, please help me push this to the promise land.
Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by Shelumiel: 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2018
Hope the equation go make sense o . Not like that cauchy-reimann nonsense that is limited

1 Like

Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by HelpingHands100: 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Hope the equation go make sense o . Not like that cauchy-reimann nonsense that is limited

Like all human endeavours, there is limit to all mathematical theory. However, I will like to disagree with you though that cauch-reimann equations are useless. Without analytic functions, there wouldn't have been several fields of engineering, computer science and the likes, where assumptions are made about analiticity of several functions. One important use of cauchy-reimann equations is to show that a function is analytic.
Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by Shelumiel: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2018
HelpingHands100:

Like all human endeavours, there is limit to all mathematical theory. However, I will like to disagree with you though that cauch-reimann equations are useless. Without analytic functions, there wouldn't have been several fields of engineering, computer science and the likes, where assumptions are made about analiticity of several functions. One important use of cauchy-reimann equations is to show that a function is analytic.

I agree , but when we are talking in terms of application ,most analytical functions tend to be limited because most mathematical problems, and their applications are numerical in nature .

1 Like

Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by amadiwati(m): 2:06am On Sep 24, 2018
Pure mathematics have no application in it's sense. It's just analytics and intuition. But a step further with it can be an ice breaker
Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by HelpingHands100: 5:59am On Sep 24, 2018
amadiwati:
Pure mathematics have no application in it's sense. It's just analytics and intuition. But a step further with it can be an ice breaker
Pure mathematics is usually ahead, while it application comes as the understanding of the concept increases. For instance, quantum mechanics was developed in pure maths and for several years no one seems to see its applicability. But the story is completely different now. Quantum mechanics is now being widely applied in physics, information technology, etc. The same argument goes for several concepts in Number theory, geometry, and the list continues. The problem is that, several mathematician in Nigeria, who are lecturers often fail to teach pure maths the way it should. They should put extra effort to identify areas of application of these theories and theorems either in other areas of maths or else where.
Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by amadiwati(m): 7:41am On Sep 24, 2018
No that they are not taught well. In the whole of South south we don't have up to 10 Pure Mathematicians in academics
Re: Riemann Hypothesis- Will History Be Made Tomorrow? by HelpingHands100: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2018
amadiwati:
No that they are not taught well. In the whole of South south we don't have up to 10 Pure Mathematicians in academics
Just imagine that.

(1) (Reply)

LEA Primary School In Abuja Where Pupils Kneel To Receive Lectures / How Can I Calculate The Square Root Of 26? / How To Calculate Unizik Post Utme Aggregate Score

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.