Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna (29203 Views)

Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG / Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Princecool147: 6:38am On Sep 24, 2018
The Kaduna State Government has employed 13,606 additional qualified public primary school teachers, including a PhD holder in the state.

According to the state Commissioner for Education, Science and Technology, Mallam Ja’afaru Sani, the exercise marks the filling of the 25,000 vacancies announced after the sacking of the 22,000 unqualified teachers in the state in January.

Sani, who spoke to journalists in Kaduna on Saturday, noted that in addition to the PhD holder, 8,494 of the 25,000 new teachers were first-degree holders, while the remaining were National Certificate in Education holders.

The commissioner explained that the state had commenced full implementation of free education for girls (female) in the state public secondary schools, which he said was in compliance with the directives of Governor Nasir el-Rufai.

He stated that about 191,445 female students in public schools would benefit from the gesture, which, according to him, will cost the government N143.587m each term and N430.791m every year.

Sani said the decision became necessary with a view to removing all obstacles standing on the way of the girl child to acquire education in the state.

He said, “We hope by this gesture, parents will have no hesitation to send the girl child to school and significantly increase enrolment and retention of the girl child in school.”

The donors, included TY Danjuma Foundation, which supported 120 girls; Centre for Girl Education of ABU Zaria, 250 girls; and Girl Child Concern, 750 girls.

He added that about N900m and N70.335m had been expended on girl child scholarships and female teacher support, respectively under the World Bank’s $21.5m grant for Global Partnership for Education project.

“Similarly, Mercy Corps Foundation in collaboration with the education ministry returned 100 married women, who dropped out, back to school,” Sani added.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/punchng.com/kaduna-employs-phd-holder-as-primary-school-teacher/amp/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by emmie14: 6:45am On Sep 24, 2018
He voted for buhari. His lucky to get a job

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Shelumiel: 7:03am On Sep 24, 2018
Is this a sin now?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Proffdada: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
Honorary PhD. Just like patience Jonathan grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by DBossNG(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
THIS NAIJA SELF

Check my signature for the best data prices and testimonies. I bet you a trial will convince you.

5 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Hades2016(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
Nigeria my country

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by ODUBEZE: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2018
It's that bad in Nigeria!

This present administration has rendered education useless

Profs were well respected before if not well paid self undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by neolboy(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2018
Hin owneven better

He will be promoted to assistant headmaster before spending 23years of services

I will never even apply for the post of a teacher in the first place with my PhD

Maybe his own PhD is *************
don't even know what to say

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by MetroBaba1(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2018
Ph.D Reduced To Nothing

This Country Is a Sh*thole

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Dumdumfashion(f): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2018
This one pass village people! I lack what to call this one.

This one weak me!

4 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Lexusgs430: 9:06am On Sep 24, 2018
When jobs are scarce, best to snatch any jobs available........
Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Godswillnwaoma(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2018
I weep for Nigeria...

6 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by capatainrambo: 9:06am On Sep 24, 2018
wow
Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Austema(m): 9:07am On Sep 24, 2018
He applied and he is employed. For me this is not a news
slivertongue:
Hw does this provide functional education to the pupils?
PHD is nt a yardstick to measure qualitative education
but quantitative abi?
MetroBaba1:
Ph.D Reduced To Nothing

This Country Is a Sh*thole
no PHD is not reduced to nothing, but a phd holder reduced him self to nothing

24 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by dynicks(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
Can I hear u scream "sai baba"!?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
Very soon, Professors will be teaching in Creche and Montessori schools. This is what you get when you vote an illiterate as your President

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by AroOkigbo(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
He stated that about 191,445 female students in public schools would benefit from the gesture, which, according to him, will cost the government N143.587m each term and N430.791m every year.

I am struggling with my mathematics here.
Did anyone get #750.02 per term per teacher ? shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by sirusX(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
If the PhD holder was an administrator....that's a different ball game

2 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by lawrence35(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
It's a pity in nigeria we are only taught how to work for people, we don't really know how to create opportunities.

It's just go to school and get a job.
That's the program written in our minds.

We need to change that.

See my signature. U will be surprised.
Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by SarakiBukola: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
cry

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
and they say education is key hahahah. phd holders also applied for dangote truck driver job that year

2 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Melison(m): 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
He knows his way
By 10 years he is already a headmaster

2 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by mu2sa2: 9:08am On Sep 24, 2018
This is the way forward. Kudos el-Rufai.
Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by mrvitalis(m): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2018
After PhD this is all he could come up with?

No body should blame the government because we have so many private universites looking for staff even go to Cameron to get staff

If he is smart he can teach for 5 universities

This is just a stunt

9 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Godjone(m): 9:09am On Sep 24, 2018
congrats to them. they should thank their stars they even got the job.

in this regime, there is no job anywhere except job lost in millions

2 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by ODUBEZE: 9:09am On Sep 24, 2018
neolboy:
He is even better

He will be promoted to assistant headmaster
Òyá see why we are like this in this country!

See reasoning undecided

Do you know what it takes to become a prof

How will you know when a president without WAEC certificate is ruling professors undecided

3 Likes

Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by rawtouch: 9:10am On Sep 24, 2018
what's the headteachers qualifications
Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 24, 2018
well one of the best schools in the World

IST uses PHD holders a lot in Secondary

and masters minimum for primary
Re: PhD Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna by Doerstech(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2018
like seriously

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Kids From Wealthy Homes Study Very Unpopular Courses? / Weekend Brain Drill: Can You Solve This In 30 secs? / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.