Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,938 members, 7,952,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 AM

Quarter Life Crisis: Identifying And Dealing With It. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Quarter Life Crisis: Identifying And Dealing With It. (239 Views)

AC Noise Troubleshooting: Identifying And Fixing Unusual Sounds / Help Me! I Am Scared. I Need Help Identifying This! / 15 People You Will Meet At Filling Station During Fuel Crisis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quarter Life Crisis: Identifying And Dealing With It. by lanya: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2018
Hello loves, currently burned out owner of blog here again.

I am burned out. Completely. This post may be too deep or count as TMI but please, bear with me.

So it is going to be my birthday in a week and I have never been more stressed out about growing up . Ever. I spoke to a friend and he says I am experiencing my version of quarter life crises.

Quarter life crises: In popular psychology, a quarter-life crisis is a crisis involving anxiety over the direction and quality of one’s life which is most commonly experienced in a period ranging from a person’s twenties up to their mid-thirties (although it can begin as early as 18). It is defined by clinical psychologist Alex Fowke as “a period of insecurity, doubt and disappointment surrounding your career, relationships and financial situation”

I’ve read that this is a common occurrence with young people and it could play it out in various forms. In my case though, there is just a sense of anxiety and exhaustion and a deep need to escape. Escape from my job, my relationships, my life in general.

I know it cannot be just me that is feeling this or going through this or at least I would like to believe that , you know the more people are suffering along with you, the better you feel about your suffering. A bit sadistic I should add but that is just what it is. So yeah, now let us get to solving this or at least better navigating ourselves out of this crisis.

Tackle your feelings head on. If you’re already feeling trapped, ignoring it will not take the problem away neither will it take this phase of your life away. It is what it is, identify it and call it what it is. If you are feeling trapped in your relationship, critically look at what may make you feel this way. Are you in a parasitic, unhealthy relationship or are you projecting your inadequacies onto your partner. If it means taking a break from him/her while you sort through your life, then that is what it takes.Better than making someone else suffer because you’re feeling out of sorts. If your job is what is making you feel stuck, evaluate the why. Are you uninspired? Has the job lost its challenge? Are you growing in the job? Are you being respected? If you are not, is there a part you’re playing in contributing to the above scenarios or are these things that are completely out of your control? Will you be better off without that job? Just be honest with your answers.

Manage your expectations. I am queen of overextending myself because I have a lot of things I would like to do to more quickly get to my desired future life with a beach house and unlimited travel that I try to cram a lot of things into 24 hours. Between my 9 -5, my side hustle, Lagos traffic, conversations (read arguments) with my tailors and forgetting about people, there is a lot to be burned out from. A lot. I am now trying to adapt to doing what I can and not seeing idle time as a sin. I want idle time, I have books to read...Read more @https://olliealley./2018/09/21/quarter-life-crisis-identifying-and-dealing-with-it/

(1) (Reply)

Friday 28th September 2018 Daily Devotional / Paypal Pack That Can Help You Break That Yoke Stoping You From Doing Paypal Dea / Mds Of Heritage Bank, Aso Savings Swim In Fresh Crises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.