Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,369 members, 7,853,652 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain (936 Views)

Cortana Predicts "Germany" To Beat Argentina In The World Cup Final / Netherlands Vs Argentina: Maradona Predicts A Walk Over For Argentina / Cortana Predicts Germany To Beat Brazil In The World Cup 2014 Semi-Final Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
The Oracle octopus has spoken again

Octopus oracle predicts a German soccer defeat to Spain

Paul the Octopus hovering over the Spanish plastic container
Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Paul makes his selection by eating a mussel from one of two boxes
An octopus famed for his skill at predicting winners of World Cup soccer matches has selected Spain to beat Germany in Wednesday's semifinal. German fans will be hoping this is Paul the octopus' first wrong prediction.

With a 100 percent record in the 2010 World Cup so far, Paul the octopus has a perfect track record at predicting the outcome of Germany's games.

Housed at Sea Life aquarium in Oberhausen, Paul has correctly predicted the four German wins and even the surprise group stage loss to Serbia.

On Tuesday, Paul was once again given the choice of picking food from two different plastic containers lowered into his tank - one decorated with a Spanish flag and one with a German flag. The container which Paul opens first is seen as his prediction.

Close up of Paul in his tank with a football in the backgroundBildunterschrift: Großansicht des Bildes mit der Bildunterschrift: Paul has wrongly predicted Germany vs. Spain before

Paul initially went for the container marked "Spain" before moving around the tank and hovering over the German box. But he quickly headed back to the 'Spaniards' and selected the food from that box.

His selection has been met with groans of discomfort from German football fans.

Although his record has been faultless in the 2010 World Cup, Paul has been wrong before. In the European Championships in 2008, he had an 80 percent record, only getting one match wrong.

That time, he plumped for Germany to beat Spain in the final.

Author: Catherine Bolsover (AFP/dpa/Reuters)
Editor: Nancy Isenson
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by snowdrops(m): 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2010
That octopus needs to be killed and smoked as barbecue. Where are the akwa ibom people? grin
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 07, 2010
why?it has pridicted all result correctly
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by snowdrops(m): 4:25pm On Jul 07, 2010
ogbeche77:

Although his record has been faultless in the 2010 World Cup, Paul has been wrong before. In the European Championships in 2008, he had an 80 percent record, only getting one match wrong.

That time, he plumped for Germany to beat Spain in the final.

Author: Catherine Bolsover (AFP/dpa/Reuters)
Editor: Nancy Isenson
So there you go.
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
I hope paul repeats his Germany vs Spain 2008 trick.

He seems to get confused whenever he has this match up. I hope he fails again.

Germany to win.
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
i guess the octopus was right this time!
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
snowdrops:

That octopus needs to be killed and smoked as barbecue. Where are the akwa ibom people? grin
seems the octopus was right afterall. ., i hope the calabar people can arrange you for their barbecue.rotflamo
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by 12large: 10:35pm On Jul 07, 2010
octopus ko menopause ni, many people already predicted that spain was going to win. it was obvious if octopus want us to believe him, let him make a hard prediction maybe
nigeria vs spain not all these obvious rubbish.
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by rhymz(m): 11:13pm On Jul 07, 2010
Mehn the Octopus predictions dey gba sha!. This is the Sixth consecutively correct predictions by the octupus and they were all correct.
The removal of probability from the game will almost certainly kill it, if this happens to be very consistent then the game of football is getting close to its doom, as such predictions will take the enthusiasm which stems from wanting to know the outcome of a game. Imagine knowing the outcome of any game before it even begins, doom! Right? However, my Gambler friends here think otherwise, this is good for their own game. . .hahaha. . Heard a lot of ppl placed their bets on the Octopus predictions. . Hahaha. . Sadly, it only predicts games played by the german national team.
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by SeanLewis(m): 4:33am On Jul 08, 2010
Octopus prediction will be what next? I hope he predicts spain to win the World cup
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by badman(m): 6:37am On Jul 08, 2010
^^^he predicts 4 only germany
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 08, 2010
12large:

octopus ko menopause ni, many people already predicted that spain was going to win. it was obvious if octopus want us to believe him, let him make a hard prediction maybe
nigeria vs spain not all these obvious rubbish.
Which hard matches? Can u put a bet Germany was going to loose to Serbia? D Octopus did, Can't u read?
Re: Germany To Loose;octopus Oracle Predicts A German Soccer Defeat To Spain by snowdrops(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2010
~Bluetooth:

seems the octopus was right afterall. ., i hope the calabar people can arrange you for their barbecue.rotflamo
very funny. i said akwa ibom man and not calabar. know the difference. anyway, i think your flesh will taste nicer as suya to them

(1) (Reply)

Video Highlights: Nigeria Vs Argentina [video] / Fifa/coca-cola Football (mens) Ranking As At 22nd Sept 2011 / SUPER EAGLES Will Not Qualify For AFCON Quarter Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.