Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' (54328 Views)

I Am Too Old To Travel - Maurice Iwu / Maurice Iwu Vs Mahmood Yakubu: Who Is The Worst INEC Chairman In Nigeria? / EFCC Arrests Maurice Iwu, Ex-INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by ducramsey99(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
GSA01:
That is how different news from different angles will be coming up, all i know is that INEC has trying in ensuring that the election is fair and free. just that Politicians and their desperate acts are making it difficult for INEC, Secondly the Federal Government deserve accolade by not influencing the outcome as we experience in 2007..
please check your English
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by alizma: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
before the lazy Ines start to praise him, they be careful to first ask him whether this is stated in the electoral act for his successors to see or he expect them to visit him at home for clarification each time an election is conducted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Mizwisdom(f): 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
We know INEC is a tool in the hands of this government

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by wolexy14(m): 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
Mr iwu works for pdp nah .....so am not baffled from his speech.....we can only deceive ourslvs.osun state election ended on sunday after the inconclusive part but mr iwu shud staaaaap he contributed to the damage our electoral body are having today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by ofuonyebi: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
Is this not the same Iwu-ole that caused a lot of commotion during the Fedeco-ibb era?

who collected egunje and threw nigeria into pandemonium in 1993 election...shame!

i think people who helped to destroy 9ja's democracy...should shut up when patriots speaks..

2 Likes

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by GavelSlam: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
Maurice Iwu who oversaw the worst of elections in Nigeria can have an opinion but I would never respect it.

Any student of history can go back to his antecedent as INEC chairman.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by adisabarber(m): 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
If not that some people are under serious spell, how did APC get so many votes?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Babzrockman: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
Election rigging in Nigeria was pioneered by IWU... I don't trust him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by 123joe: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2018
It is an insult for Mr Iwu to be talking about elections in this country. He superintendent over the worst elections in the history of this country where majority of his so-called elections were upturned in the court and INEC lampooned by the courts. In case you don't know why we have staggered elections in many states of the country? ask Prof EWU

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by GSA01: 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
ducramsey99:
please check your English

U sabi book!!!!!
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Rindo69: 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
It was only declared inconclusive because the APC lost the election. Will they lose the run-off? The will of the people will prevail.

They need to be very afraid and realize that they have failed even though they applaud themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Flattino(m): 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
FarahAideed:
Every sane person knows INEC is only buying time to give APC ample time to refine their rigging and result alteration strategy...
Go suck your mama pussy

2 Likes

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Jojujewel(f): 2:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Abi ooo
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by michoim(m): 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2018
Maurice Iwu was the most notorious INEC chairman Nigeria has ever witnessed. He was mightily used of Obasanjo to manipulate and wreck unprecedented havoc in Nigerial politico-electoral history...

5 Likes

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by beey2(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
GavelSlam:
Maurice Iwu who oversaw the worst of elections in Nigeria can have an opinion but I would never respect it.

Any student of history can go back to his antecedent as INEC chairman.

My brother/sister, nothing more for me to say because you took the above off my mind. In those days we call him "Mr. IWURUWURU".

If you know you know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by gbigbega: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
We have never had an electoral umpire so corrupt, without respect for the will of the people. These are the people who want to administer 2019 election o.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by edigwe2011(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by 02Kebreal(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
If anybody must advice on this issue,it should not be Maurice Iwu. He is the genesis of political dribbling in this country. He is a card carrying member of the PDP... He is just wailing....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Minjim: 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2018
This fool that supervised election malpractices during Obj's time has mouth to talk.
Someone that obj will just call to change election results. We all know he's a pdp member, so his words holds no water

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by goshen26: 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2018
If there is no transparency or freedom in the way INEC operates, then the 'I' in INEC is of no use then.

1 Like

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by OhiOfIhima: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
FarahAideed:
Every sane person knows INEC is only buying time to give APC ample time to refine their rigging and result alteration strategy...

Stop all the propaganda bro... If INEC and FG want to rig the Osun election, they would have done it far behind and let d rule of law take it course...

Whoever wins.. Thumb up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Tareq1105: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
emmatuxz:
A former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Maurice Iwu, has faulted the declaration of the Osun governorship election that held on September 22 as inconclusive.
Iwu, who was in office from June 2005 to April 2010, spoke on Sunday following the declaration of the guber poll as inconclusive due to vote difference by the Chief Returning Officer, Prof. Joseph Afuwape.

According to the former INEC boss, “Actually, in 2010 during the review of INEC’s Elections’ Manual, my committee and I as the chair, invented the inconclusive elections outcomes, particularly where elections did not hold for one reason or the other.

“However, we the initiators of the inconclusive elections realised that our proposal was against the provisions of the 1999 Constitution (as Amended), particularly the presidential and the governorship elections and returns.

“Our proposals could be applied only in senatorial, House of Representatives, and state assembly elections and returns, for which the Constitution did not specify how these returns should be made.

“In this, what is required by the Constitution is that the ‘first past the post’ and/or that the candidate must have the polled majority of the votes cast.

“Secondly, that the candidate in addition to it, must obtain 25 per cent of the total votes cast in two-third of the LGAs of the state in question or of the states in case of presidential election. The electoral act or INEC guidelines cannot supersede the constitutional provisions for that purpose.

“As the constitution has clearly spelt out the manner and how a return should be made in the cases of governorship or presidential election returns.

“Now that the abuse of this tool is becoming obvious, the beneficiaries of this anomaly have refused to listen or adjust accordingly.

“God will surely help us.”

https://thewhistler.ng/amp/story/former-inec-chair-says-osun-election-was-conclusive/

Iwu of all people is talking.

Iwu, you conducted the worst elections in this country in 2007.

Obasanjo's tool for suppression of the wishes of Nigerians then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by goaldynman(m): 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
Fine! This means if Adeleke goes to Court on the ground that the declaration of INEC that the election is inconclusive is void and inconsistent with the provisions of 1999 Constitution, he will definitely win!! All hail the new Governor of Osun State, Alhaji Adeleke!! undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by dustydee: 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
seborrhic:
I actually thought this same argument canvassed by some lawyers and the PDP itself was just a propaganda tool and the party trying to blackmail the electoral empire.
But now that Iwu has clearly stated its antecedents and the only constitutional provisions it should apply,its clear that Adeleke should have been declared the winner.
Its a tricky situation now.
If PDP loses after participating in the re-run,it has shot itself in the foot,legally.
I feel PDP should heard to court to stop the rerun and compel INEC to declare Adeleke the winner of the election already.

I struggle to agree with the PDP that they should be declared winner and also disagree with INEC that a rerun should take [place at the PUs where the votes were cancelled. It should only take place in PUs where there was no election.
Imagine in 2019 APC is leading PDP with 100,000 votes but elections did not hold in Port Harcourt LGA. Will INEC be right to declare the APC the winner of the presidential election without conducting elections in that LG knowing full well that the votes can determine the winner?

2 Likes

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by gbigbega: 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
“However, we the initiators of the inconclusive elections realised that our proposal was against the provisions of the 1999 Constitution (as Amended), particularly the presidential and the governorship elections and returns.

“Our proposals could be applied only in senatorial, House of Representatives, and state assembly elections and returns, for which the Constitution did not specify how these returns should be made.

alizma:
before the lazy Ines start to praise him, they be careful to first ask him whether this is stated in the electoral act for his successors to see or he expect them to visit him at home for clarification each time an election is conducted
\

Oga, he doesn't need to tell his successors, everyone knows that the constitution of Nigeria superceeds every other law. Like he said, when they realized their error, they knew the law will only apply to senators, house of reps and state assembly election, not governorship or presidential elections, which the law clearly stipulates how it should be conducted and won.

Your statement makes it seem like INEC is too dull to read or understand the 1999 constitution and will need Iwu to interpret it to them.

2 Likes

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Babatunde82: 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
The dollard create awareness.... rubbish talk
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
seborrhic:
I actually thought this same argument canvassed by some lawyers and the PDP itself was just a propaganda tool and the party trying to blackmail the electoral empire.
But now that Iwu has clearly stated its antecedents and the only constitutional provisions it should apply,its clear that Adeleke should have been declared the winner.
If PDP loses after participating in the re-run,it has shot itself in the foot,legally.
I feel PDP should heard to court to stop the rerun and compel INEC to declare Adeleke the winner of the election already.
wa gbayi..They should fight it till the end many lovers of democracy will join hands no matter how small..
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Priye007(m): 2:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
Kudos to you Mr Iwu. You have blood runing through your vein not water. May God bless you for speaking the truth.

1 Like

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Doerstech(m): 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
seborrhic:

Exactly....this should be the case now
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by AbbeyvanPersie(m): 2:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
at least, it was a fair election. what about the one you conducted in 2007? a pot calling the kettle black

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by yinnyme(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
seborrhic:

JUST A REMINDER!!!

In 2015, the Late Abubakar Audu of Kogi State was leading by 240, 867 votes to PDP 199,514 votes, the margin of 41,353 favoured APC but it was declared inconclusive.

Rerun was fixed because 49,953 canceled votes was higher than the 41,353 despite the fact that APC was leading with what is called a giant margin! Nobody shouts rather we waited patiently for the re-run date!.

Maurice Iwu led the most corrupt Electoral umpire in the history of this country.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by goslowgoslow(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2018
Dandsome:
Wow....

This will be too much for zombies to handle.

Not everyone is foolish to not know the truth

We no longer have INEC (Independent National Electoral Commission), what we have now is ANEC (APC National Electoral Commission)

2019 will really be interesting
Dry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LOTT`S Daughter: President Goodluck Jonathan Second Wife / ‘i’ll Teach You A Lesson You Will Never Forget’ — Buhari Replies Obasanjo / Sanwo-Olu Welcomes LASTMA Recruits (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.