Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' (54354 Views)

I Am Too Old To Travel - Maurice Iwu / Maurice Iwu Vs Mahmood Yakubu: Who Is The Worst INEC Chairman In Nigeria? / EFCC Arrests Maurice Iwu, Ex-INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by yinnyme(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
wirinet:

I do not see how the electoral act overrule the constitution. The constitution did not specify that all elections must be held in the same day. An election can continue to the next day or even the following week.
Areas where elections did not take place and result declared would not be an issue, the problem would be INEC cancelling an election after a result has been declared at the polling unit.

What do you think would be the court ruling if the 3000 voters come together and Sue INEC for disenfranchising them?

You still don't get it, it was not an issue in Kogi because the winning party eventually won. Tell me what would happen if PDP did not win? Then the constitution will come to play. The rerun was not called for because of the 3000+, it was the margin, they can't win if at all the 3k+ sues INEC.
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by cosmos1440: 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
Maurice Iwu " The law that knows no law".
Many of us remembers that you were kicked out as INEC chairman because of the many stolen mandates from other political parties that you gave to the PDP .
I cringe to add the prefix, prof, to your name.
You are the worst INEC chairman since 1999 till date and your penchant for collecting bribe is legendary.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by KULESTGee24(m): 7:44pm On Sep 24, 2018
GSA01:
That is how different news from different angles will be coming up, all i know is that INEC has tried in ensuring that the election is fair and free. just that Politicians and their desperate acts are making it difficult for INEC, Secondly the Federal Government deserve accolade by not influencing the outcome as we have experience in 2007..
GIBBERISH undecided
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by bolinxman: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2018
maurice iwu of all people. Nigerians often forget things easily. Have you people forgotten about 2007 elections,Obj instructed Iwu to declare pdp candidates winner of elections conducted.Pdp did worst things,but partisanship has blindfolded many people in this forum. Pdp and Apc are the same, if Obj is the current president he would have ordered Inec to declare his party's candidate as the winner, Obj will not think about the consiquence lof rigging the election.

1 Like

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by zomoears(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
alizma:
before the lazy Ines start to praise him, they be careful to first ask him whether this is stated in the electoral act for his successors to see or he expect them to visit him at home for clarification each time an election is conducted

Wherever there is a conflict btw any law and d constitution, the constitution is always superior.

Iwu said here clearly that Electoral Act provisions cannot and will never be superior to the constitution of the Federal Republic. According to our constitution, Adeleke is to be returned as governor elect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Bimpe29: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2018
APC has shot herself in the leg.

Electoral umpire has been discredited.
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by goodloving(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
am not surprised at your stupid statement because you noted for conducting stupid and useless election.
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by Babinski: 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
seborrhic:
I actually thought this same argument canvassed by some lawyers and the PDP itself was just a propaganda tool and the party trying to blackmail the electoral empire.
But now that Iwu has clearly stated its antecedents and the only constitutional provisions it should apply,its clear that Adeleke should have been declared the winner.
Its a tricky situation now.
If PDP loses after participating in the re-run,it has shot itself in the foot,legally.
I feel PDP should held to court to stop the rerun and compel INEC to declare Adeleke the winner of the election already.

Is it not a similar situation with Audu in Kogi State that led to the emergence of the scourge: Yahaya Bello?
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by goslowgoslow(m): 12:24am On Sep 25, 2018
Dandsome:

Brainless zombie
Mumu
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by kolaaderin: 2:58am On Sep 25, 2018
Lomprico2:
Hmmm

Osun have said NO to apc, is it by force?
how, with the percentage looking like stalemate. Re run would settle that.
Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by otokx(m): 3:39am On Sep 25, 2018
cosmos1440:
Maurice Iwu " The law that knows no law".
Many of us remembers that you were kicked out as INEC chairman because of the many stolen mandates from other political parties that you gave to the PDP .
I cringe to add the prefix, prof, to your name.
You are the worst INEC chairman since 1999 till date and your penchant for collecting bribe is legendary.

I rest my case.

Don't mind the man of no mentality, haters will always hate.

1 Like

Re: Maurice Iwu: 'Osun Election Was Conclusive' by nwauwa(m): 5:13pm On Oct 13, 2018
curiobling:
Then appear in court as expert witness and lecture them what the true definition of inconclusive suppose to be as an investor of "inconclusive"
I decided to quote u here bro. Am in Deira nd looking for work. Ready to relocate to anywhere with sure job. Pls help a bro.i sent u pm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Youths Write Osinbajo, Beg Him To Allow Igbo Go With Biafra / Tinubu Addresses #istandwithnigeria Protesters Led To Him By Moremi Ojudu(video) / Akpabio To Joy Nunieh: 'You Married 4 Husbands'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.