Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) (29299 Views)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Meets Hilda Baci (Photos) / Army Refuses To Reinstate Colonel Auwal Suleiman Who Arrested 377 Boko Haram / Supreme Court Nullifies Makinde's Sack Of LGA Chairmen, Councillors In Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by Olatara(f): 9:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Don't be foolish....check my post history and then come back to apologize for behaving like a tout.

I have been GeneralOjukwu before being banned for more than 10 years. Go and check that post history too and stop being dumb.

Baba re ni liar
10years? Who you offend
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by yurLink: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
ebenholer:

The only known atrocity he had committed is through sideline of party elders from enjoying the democratic robbery through as in contract awarding and money sharing, that is the truth.

Where a man works, he expects some sort of gratification, the only compensation and government patronage of the political elders is through engaging them in the cleaning process of Lagos state via PSP, something they were doing very good and well at. And your governor bought vision scape, and we all know the rest of the story.

I want to give you another scenario, if u know any civil servant that work in ministry of works, ask them about late Engr Balogun.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by edupedia: 9:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Osun sure loss....

Ekiti....narrow win.

Lagos.... internal crisis.

South West votes really shaky for APC

**Coming from someone who dislikes PDP as a party

...na lie....u be PDP man....
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by IgweBUIKE1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
It's amazing how people are blaming tinubu for this ambode fiasco. Tinubu has no issue with ambode. If tinubu backs ambode today,ambode may still loose the primaries.

Fashola went all out to campaign for ambode. He did a lot for ambode including a last minute 30 minutes appeal to lagosians on all the major TV stations few days to the election. At the end of the day , ambode tried to rubbish fasholas legacy by not continuing some of fasholas projects and even scrapping some agencies fashola created. He also publicly called out fashola on the airport road.

Politics in Nigeria is I chop you chop. Ambode blocked the livelihood of a lot of grassroots politicians such as scrapping the private waste collectors and also blocked every means civil servants can make money. That's excellent but ambode himself and his PA and the attorney general of Lagos are making billions by inflating projects. I am not talking about PPP projects but public projects and we don't know how much our governor spends. Under fashola , even though the contracts were inflated we knew how much they cost but this government is hiding the cost info of a lot of road projects . Also waste collection is a disaster. Waste under fashola was collected every Monday morning in my house but now it's once a month. Another example is under fashola the public works that fixes potholes were so active that they often broadcast routes they will fix on LTV station every day and you can also call to report portholes.

Ambrose also refused to seek inspiration and dialogue with APC leaders. Tinubu is the face of a Cabal ruling Lagos. Some low key people like baba Eto and musuliu Smith the current police service commission couldn't seek audience or talk to ambode . In fact local government chairmen can't reach him. During ileya, fashola used to release funds and gifts, ambode reduced all this while he was still eating money.

When fashola had issue with tinubu approaching his second term, the civil servants and all the grassroots politicians and some party leaders stood with fashola and tinubu had no choice

Most of alausa where civil servants are don't like ambodes style of governance. Is it tinubu that told civil servants to detest ambode? Senators, house of reps, councillors, state house of assembly, local government chairmen and even fashola who is minister from Lagos are all turning their backs at ambode. Or do people think it's tinubu that told all these people to turn their backs against ambode. At all At all, fashola should come out and back ambode if ambode has done well. You can ask around why ambode left the civil service Under fashola . Fashola didn't like ambode as a choice but he campaigned seriously for ambode against Jimi Agbaje and when ambode won instead of him to liaise with fashola he got on a revenge mission. Fashola did that because he understands the party comes first.

The truth is ambode is politically naive and stupid. He believed that since he settles tinubu accordingly he doesn't need to play his politics and ensure all is well. If you don't want people to eat government money you too don't eat government money. Check the budget of Lagos from 2015 till date and mention tangible projects ambode has done regarding healthcare,housing and education. Fashola is a legend and I dare say ambode is a step down from fashola. Apart from mega inflated road contracts that no oneknows the price and LRU,ambode has done nothing significant.

Finally, politics in Lagos is let people chop and let people work. That's the reality. I wish ambode and APC well but tinubu didn't kill ambode. Ambode and his praise singers killed ambode.
well said bro ....that guy is not good for Lagos State forget sentiment....with road project been given to contractor that re inexperienced

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by SarakiBukola: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
edupedia:

...na lie....u be PDP man....

How ? Why ? Because i was objective? Where's the lie in what i wrote ?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by slimfit1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 24, 2018
dFroshie:

Can you explain why

Fashola managed to start the light railway your Ambode could not complete it in 2 years house projects nothing he looks like products of PDP clueless and dirty. Only a dirty person would not see is failures.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by AZeD1(m): 10:16pm On Sep 24, 2018
Quidquopro:

No governor has ever pleased every part of Lagos.

Also no Governor has pissed as much people as Ambode.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
kolnel:
Quite a big surprise how the trend changed
so surprising, shows you how shallow these politicians are
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by sochima1989(m): 10:19pm On Sep 24, 2018
deomelo:

Unfortunately for you, the folks at the meeting are the representatives of the electorates.

ipos and lack of basic common sense sha

And that common sense in ur head sir...ain't telling you those guys are there for their pocket?

and also trying to save their jobs....?.??

your common sense is deceptive definec
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by sochima1989(m): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
geometricaxis:

did they call meeting of the electorate? Since when did the electorate decide the party candidate? The electorate will get their chance to vote and all this noise from the lagoon jumpers and no-man's-landers who keep interfering in matters that dont concern them will be quietened just like in 2015.

I tot the lagoon owners now understand that the electorates decide the final outcome of their lagoon community....
keep following...... with no reason.....until you lose the lagoon to pirates
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by Quidquopro: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
deomelo:

Why do you think advanced and developed countries with their wonderful and shinning infrastructures still build roads, bridges, schools, power plants and so on?

Do they have stable electricity in Lagos? Do they have enough and quality hospital in Lagos? Do they have water flowing through the taps in every household in Lagos? Do they have housing and accommodation for every soul in Lagos?

Stop boring me with your rretarded comments, please.

There is time for everything. Those things shouldn't be pressing needs if his predecessors did wonderfully well providing them.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
bedspread:
Lagos State APC are Really Confused...

So Everyone is Against a Man that has done quite well becos of one Man..

Anyway it's not my business.... it's your party..

My Business is to Vote..

Not because of one man. Tinubu is even ready to forgive Ambode bt there’re other major stake holders who hv vowed not to. This not about Tinubu alone like u wud like it to be.

Ambode performed relatively well bt offended so many people at same time even fashola. He alienated all the people who helped him in. It’s not about Tinubu alone.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by Quidquopro: 10:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
AZeD1:

Also no Governor has pissed as much people looters as Ambode.

You are right!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by bluecircle470: 10:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
bedspread:
Lagos State APC are Really Confused...

So Everyone is Against a Man that has done quite well becos of one Man..

Anyway it's not my business.... it's your party..

My Business is to Vote..

And they don’t need your vote
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by saidforum: 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
Lyoncrescent:
It's amazing how people are blaming tinubu for this ambode fiasco. Tinubu has no issue with ambode. If tinubu backs ambode today,ambode may still loose the primaries.

Fashola went all out to campaign for ambode. He did a lot for ambode including a last minute 30 minutes appeal to lagosians on all the major TV stations few days to the election. At the end of the day , ambode tried to rubbish fasholas legacy by not continuing some of fasholas projects and even scrapping some agencies fashola created. He also publicly called out fashola on the airport road.

Politics in Nigeria is I chop you chop. Ambode blocked the livelihood of a lot of grassroots politicians such as scrapping the private waste collectors and also blocked every means civil servants can make money. That's excellent but ambode himself and his PA and the attorney general of Lagos are making billions by inflating projects. I am not talking about PPP projects but public projects and we don't know how much our governor spends. Under fashola , even though the contracts were inflated we knew how much they cost but this government is hiding the cost info of a lot of road projects . Also waste collection is a disaster. Waste under fashola was collected every Monday morning in my house but now it's once a month. Another example is under fashola the public works that fixes potholes were so active that they often broadcast routes they will fix on LTV station every day and you can also call to report portholes.

Ambrose also refused to seek inspiration and dialogue with APC leaders. Tinubu is the face of a Cabal ruling Lagos. Some low key people like baba Eto and musuliu Smith the current police service commission couldn't seek audience or talk to ambode . In fact local government chairmen can't reach him. During ileya, fashola used to release funds and gifts, ambode reduced all this while he was still eating money.

When fashola had issue with tinubu approaching his second term, the civil servants and all the grassroots politicians and some party leaders stood with fashola and tinubu had no choice

Most of alausa where civil servants are don't like ambodes style of governance. Is it tinubu that told civil servants to detest ambode? Senators, house of reps, councillors, state house of assembly, local government chairmen and even fashola who is minister from Lagos are all turning their backs at ambode. Or do people think it's tinubu that told all these people to turn their backs against ambode. At all At all, fashola should come out and back ambode if ambode has done well. You can ask around why ambode left the civil service Under fashola . Fashola didn't like ambode as a choice but he campaigned seriously for ambode against Jimi Agbaje and when ambode won instead of him to liaise with fashola he got on a revenge mission. Fashola did that because he understands the party comes first.

The truth is ambode is politically naive and stupid. He believed that since he settles tinubu accordingly he doesn't need to play his politics and ensure all is well. If you don't want people to eat government money you too don't eat government money. Check the budget of Lagos from 2015 till date and mention tangible projects ambode has done regarding healthcare,housing and education. Fashola is a legend and I dare say ambode is a step down from fashola. Apart from mega inflated road contracts that no oneknows the price and LRU,ambode has done nothing significant.

Finally, politics in Lagos is let people chop and let people work. That's the reality. I wish ambode and APC well but tinubu didn't kill ambode. Ambode and his praise singers killed ambode.

Oga, you have spoken well. Ambode did not do anything in lagos as far as I am concern. Come to abeokuta express and see how we have became slave in our own country. Airport road the samething.

Anybody that can not bring about easy life for lagosian, should not smell alausa. Or else we will all die of stress.

Lasma does not exist anymore
Psp doest not
Traffic has increase
Potholes like everywhere
There is no inner roads anymore
Constructing major road and no plan for alternative roads.
Epe= Julius Berger
Abeokuta express = bricklayer contactor

Etc

He has done more damage than good.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by UcheHermes(m): 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
I couldn't read your whole epistle but please explain how Tinubu would support Ambode and he would still lose? I am not understanding...
Lyoncrescent:

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by deomelo: 11:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
[s]
sochima1989:

And that common sense in ur head sir...ain't telling you those guys are there for their pocket?

and also trying to save their jobs....?.??

your common sense is deceptive definec
[/s]

Keep quiet if you have nothing better and intelligent to talk about.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by deomelo: 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2018
UcheHermes:
I couldn't read your whole epistle but please explain how Tinubu would support Ambode and he would still lose? I am not understanding...

What's this got to do with Tinubu sef?

Fact is, you Igbos care less about Lagos state or even what the people in Lagos are going through, your problem is Tinubu and how much you hate him.

Everything about you people is Tinubu this and Tinubu that as if he's your village governor and his responsible for the misery and backwardness in your village.

You people can not exist without hatred and bitterness.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by AZeD1(m): 11:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
Quidquopro:

You are right!
I guess the PSP's that were cleaning Lagos are also looters.

Funny how Ambode has pissed "the looters" and Lagos became dirtier....
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by deomelo: 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2018
geometricaxis:

Abeg which confusion?
There are 377 councilors in lagos state. All of them (including Ambode's division of Epe) are in attendance and you say there is confusion, which confusion?....you wish!

As the primary election draws near, it was gathered that Tinubu’s loyalist have started wooing Hamzat to step down for their candidate.

Hamzat is from the Lagos East like Ambode and some people in the senatorial district have kicked against Samwo-Olu’s candidature, saying he’s not from the zone.

To placate them, the Mandate Movement is said to have offered Hamzat the deputy governorship slot and nomination of some commisioners.

http://thelagostimes.com/lagos-2019-tinubus-men-urge-hamzat-to-step-down-for-sanwo-olu-offer-him-deputy-slot/

He's pretty much surrounded.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by 12345DKO(m): 12:59am On Sep 25, 2018
Lyoncrescent:

With these points, you just succeeded in convincing me why Akninwunmi Ambode must go.
You made your points without insults, name calling etc. This is indeed a mature post and should be encouraged here.
Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by Ajibel(m): 1:33am On Sep 25, 2018
Here is a link to Lagos State Development Plan 2012 - 2025

https://www.scribd.com/document/271150413/LAGOS-STATE-DEVELOPMENT-PLAN-2012-2025

Ambode had derailed and deviated heavily from this plan.

His greatest undoing is his lack of maintenance of what his predecessors have put in place.

Personally, I don't want him to return. He's currently the best governor in Nigeria no doubt, because in the country of the blind, a one-eyed man is the king, but the bar of excellence in Lagos is higher than the average expected of other governors of states in Nigeria, so to Lagosians, celebrating construction of roads and pedestrian bridges in 2018 after witnessing an era of Fashola is an insult and a downgrade to them.

If he ends up winning, I hope he learns a lesson. No one in Lagos prays for the downfall or the failure of the Governor because Lagos is a bragging right for all Lagosians.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by bedspread: 2:01am On Sep 25, 2018
[s]
bluecircle470:

And they don’t need your vote
[/s]My vote is not needed in Apc Elections! It's definitely needed in the Governorship election sir
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by bedspread: 2:14am On Sep 25, 2018
[s]
deomelo:

According to Igbos of course..
[/s] So Irrelevant and UnIntelligent Summation...

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by taxiappguy: 3:06am On Sep 25, 2018
Quidquopro:

Forget! Ambode didn't have the slightest idea that this will be happening to him.
Probably he planned to do all those in his second term.

If Fashola built wonderful schools, hospitals and what have you, why does Ambode need to repeat the same within less than 4 years

Why not do something hitherto neglected or inconceivable while the people continue to enjoy Fashola's legacies

Doesn't that make sense
Because development is a continuum
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by emmygzy(m): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2018
Quidquopro:

Must he build similar infrastructure to what he met on ground within the first 4 years
what are you saying self, the housing projects fashola was doing and couldn't complete, they've become an eyesore because ambode abandoned them, the buildings in lasu that fashola started, the contractors has abandoned them because ambode refused to pay them, lagos-badagry expressway that fashola started, CCEC has abandoned it because ambode refused to pay them and the road has become an eyesore with people experiencing hell, my friends that works with them was sacked because of these. I don't think you live in lagos, why will a sane government abandon a useful project all because you want to discredit your predecessor? Why not re award it instead of stopping it or even renegotiate the contracts. You didn't touch health, housing, education, water, etc, even road maintenance that was constant under fashola is none existent, the streetlights are dead, the cameras fashola installed on roads to monitor crimes, you remove them, traffic lights that use to work under fashola are dead. Despite have budgets that is twice that of fashola. Ambode is useless abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by emmygzy(m): 8:17am On Sep 25, 2018
Quidquopro:

Forget! Ambode didn't have the slightest idea that this will be happening to him.
Probably he planned to do all those in his second term.

If Fashola built wonderful schools, hospitals and what have you, why does Ambode need to repeat the same within less than 4 years

Why not do something hitherto neglected or inconceivable while the people continue to enjoy Fashola's legacies

Doesn't that make sense
the problem is the one fashola couldn't complete due to timeframe, why not complete it. Instead you just abandoned them and you didn't even reward it and those projects are important because fashola doesn't do unnecessary projects. In as much as i dont like buhari, he didnt abandon the work he met on ground, he went ahead to complete them despite that he is from another party, not to talk of you that youre in the same party and he even campaigned for you. Government is continuom. You complete the project on ground and simultaneously add your own. More like maintain status quo and add sauce to it. He should have left lawma and psp and probably even add more to it, not scrapping them entirely. When fashola had problem with tinubu, people stood up for him, lagosians, party leaders, chairmen, etc. But everyone is just against ambode.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by Quidquopro: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2018
emmygzy:
the problem is the one fashola couldn't complete due to timeframe, why not complete it. Instead you just abandoned them and you didn't even reward it and those projects are important because fashola doesn't do unnecessary projects. In as much as i dont like buhari, he didnt abandon the work he met on ground, he went ahead to complete them despite that he is from another party, not to talk of you that youre in the same party and he even campaigned for you. Government is continuom. You complete the project on ground and simultaneously add your own. More like maintain status quo and add sauce to it. He should have left lawma and psp and probably even add more to it, not scrapping them entirely. When fashola had problem with tinubu, people stood up for him, lagosians, party leaders, chairmen, etc. But everyone is just against ambode.

Are you saying Ambode abandoned all Fashola's on going projects You are a liar! He explained his abandonment of Ilubirin. And it made sense.

Who was prodding Ambode to attack Fashola in the early days? Is it not the same Tinubu you all have given your life to
Re: Sanwo-Olu Meets 377 Councillors In Lagos (Photos) by sochima1989(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Keep quiet if you have nothing better and intelligent to talk about.

Direct primaries tells a better story.... make your delegates go vote na....
Plenty sense Lag-goons

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Senators Receive N13.5 Million 'running Cost' Every Month - Shehu Sani / Heavy Security As Aregbesola & Osinbajo Appear Before Tribunal (Photos) / South Africa Plans To Return Seized Nigerian Money To Buhari After May 29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.