Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (434995 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by dbryth(m): 10:28am On Apr 15, 2011
sirabbey:

[quote
You will have to go for for Astra 2B in addition to your Eutelsat W4(DSTV position). You can nail both on the same dish.

Thanks, to nail this Astra 2B bird, do I need to reposition the DSTV dish from its present position?

You dont need to reposition your dstv dish. All you need to do is attach another LNB below it and get a four was  Diseqc and you are good to go. Read more about how to attach another LNB to your dstv setup here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519756.0.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ellahdarrell(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2011
I nail w4 (dstv position) and astra 2b (multi and infinity) on 60cm dish. Since yesterday i hav been tryin to nail w3a 7' (mbc) and sirus 4 4' together in one 90cm dish but it's nt hitin green. W3a is green but sirus 4 is nt coming up. GURUS IN DA HOUSE ANY WAYFORWORD?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by jibrill7(m): 10:41am On Apr 15, 2011
very very dificult to get so it will not easy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akinis09: 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2011
Ellahdarrell:

I nail w4 (dstv position) and astra 2b (multi and infinity) on 60cm dish. Since yesterday i hav been tryin to nail w3a 7' (mbc) and sirus 4 4' together in one 90cm dish but it's nt hitin green. W3a is green but sirus 4 is nt coming up. GURUS IN DA HOUSE ANY WAYFORWORD?
since u ar hitin grin on ew3 al u nid 2 do is standin bhind ur dish adjust ur dish 2 d rite nt more dan half inch wit dis tp 2 hit grin 12605 v/h 29950.note if d polarization of ew3 is H so d polarization of sirius4 must b V or if d polarization of ew3 is V so d polarization of siruis 4 must b H
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by sirabbey(m): 1:52pm On Apr 15, 2011
dbryth:

You dont need to reposition your dstv dish. All you need to do is attach another LNB below it and get a four was  Diseqc and you are good to go. Read more about how to attach another LNB to your dstv setup here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519756.0.html

Thanks dbryth, the links prove to be very educative and informative. Let me get busy on processing and implementing the information gathered so far. once again thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2011
figment232:

@George D
Shey i can get d strong k6 c-band lnb to buy at ogboru

Go to Jakpa junction and be as if your going back to Airport road. Check some of those stores selling satellite dishes. Ask for STRONG c band LNB and check inside to comfirm the K6 symbol. I got mine from them.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 15, 2011
Adex70:

@george pls can i get this your star gold c+ku at urend or 4rm dejisam, how much? Then can he work 4 fringe bird like hot &nile your response will be highly appreciated thanks 2 u always, how is family stay bless.

@Adex,
I can get you the combined LNB but right now I'm not in town. If you need it in a hurry, try and contact Dejsam in Kano. Yes, the ku band works well for Nilesat and hotbird but I'll adivise not to use it for that purpose. Mainly, a combined LNB is more useful for tracking motorised DTH dishes.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2011
@axe-man, u can watch WWE on mbc3 @7.e but you can't get it live on fta even in the States unless on pay-per-view!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Yinka4dad(m): 7:18pm On Apr 15, 2011
Akin plz r u sayin nw dt i cn pt anoda lnb on w3 &gt sirus on it.Wt of 4 tpa1&2 cn i pt anoda lnb on d dstv positn 2gt tpa&1&2

akinis09:

since u ar hitin grin on ew3 al u nid 2 do is standin bhind your dish adjust your dish 2 d rite nt more dan half inch wit dis tp 2 hit grin 12605 v/h 29950.note if d polarization of ew3 is H so d polarization of sirius4 must b V or if d polarization of ew3 is V so d polarization of siruis 4 must b H
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by akinis09: 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2011
Yinka4dad:

Akin plz r u sayin nw dt i cn pt anoda lnb on w3 > sirus on it.Wt of 4 tpa1&2 cn i pt anoda lnb on d dstv positn 2gt tpa&1&2

guy tpa 1/2 are under same satellite wit hitv nd dstv so u dont nid anoda lnb 2 b able 2 nail tpa1/2.al u nid 2 do is dat usin mpeg4 decoder,u mst hit d minimum of 95/97% on dis tp 12130 h 27500,4 tpa 2 popup.as 4 ew3 nd sirius4,i wasnt implyin dat u shld use 2 lnb 2 track bth bird.d h/v (polarization) i refers 2, is 2 make it easier 4 u 2 trak bth bird unda 1 dis.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by davmore750(m): 11:04pm On Apr 15, 2011
Wondafu Gurus in the house! Can anyone help me with Discovery channel TPs on fta?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by davmore750(m): 11:29pm On Apr 15, 2011
New channel on Mytv africa RTM intelsat 7/10 fta just re-scan
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 10:39am On Apr 16, 2011
@George D
Tanxs im grateful.plz for the type of dish i installed (2.5 comstar dish),hw many satellites can i receive in ekpan off nigercat rd,and how do i track them? for instance Eutel w6.Plz wot is d procedure?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Yinka4dad(m): 10:45am On Apr 16, 2011
@akin tnks alt.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rahsumt(m): 4:07pm On Apr 16, 2011
pls gadotor and Geroge_D
 which lnb is best or good for tracking pls.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 4:19pm On Apr 16, 2011
what do want to and what size of dish are you talking about my brother.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 16, 2011
New date for Intelsat New Dawn launch is April 22 2011!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by oxteen: 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2011
thanks for the info,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Paps1: 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2011
@blackstar how are u? Sorry for the long delay in replying ur message however i have heard of the good news happening on ur side. Hope to visit u one of these days. Will call later to explain further
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2011
What next?Now we have the new SRT 4930 HD software version 1.12p released.Just in one month,3 software upgrades for one Strong DVB model?Nikwisa tuleya bane?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by safex(m): 6:13am On Apr 17, 2011
pls can anyone tel me d benefit derived 4rm using 4930? 10x
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rahsumt(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2011
@ gadotor

i want to used for (1 meter) dish and also two in one 65cm dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by axeman2(m): 7:58am On Apr 17, 2011
Pls gurus how can I trap HOTBIRD WITH 90CM DISH PLS REPLY ME

IF THE IS ANY GOOD FREE TO AIR SAT I CAN TRACK WITH MY 90CM DISH I WILL BE GREATFUL APART FROM
EW3, ASTRA 28, INTELSAT28.8, SIRIUS4, TELESTER, EW7, NSS7
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by axeman2(m): 7:59am On Apr 17, 2011

IF THE IS ANY GOOD FREE TO AIR SAT I CAN TRACK WITH MY 90CM DISH I WILL BE GREATFUL APART FROM
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by cantell(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2011
axe-man:

You can only "trap" hotbird with 2.4m dish and above.
Enjoy the satellites you listed.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Yinka4dad(m): 9:03am On Apr 17, 2011
Plz tel me d statn u v on ur telesta,sirus&nss

axe-man:

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Farwee(m): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2011
@ all i track NILESAT as easy as W4 with my 3m dish, thanks to knowledge i gained tru dis forum. sometimes i get tired of washing it then i decided i shuld go 4 HOTBIRD, but 2 my suprise i could not since friday morning. Gurus pls assist me in hunting down dis bird, if there is a logic in trackin or give me a link if there is any on dis furum so that i can resume 2moro morning. 10Q
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by salamander(m): 10:33am On Apr 17, 2011
@Jibril

Yes, long time. Just a bit on and off. But once a while, I come in to follow proceedings here. Hope everything is well.

@Gadator
I told you I'm not too comfortable with the D-tail. I prefer using my 'current setting', at least it is stable for now. But you have to analyse the cost before you could embark on such a project. I'm an Internet addict so it is like killing two birds with one stone.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by hooged: 12:21pm On Apr 17, 2011
@all my rdv does nt pop up, kindly help me confirm if ur is working.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
@salamander I UNDERSTAND PERFECTLY WELL,BUT THE CURRECT ONE IT,S GIVING PROBLEM,AND I,M SAMPLING THINGS ELECTRONICS BUT YOU HAVE USED IT BEFORE AND WHATHER YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS USING THE CURRENT ONE,AND THE EXPERIENCES.GOOD AFTER NOON SABTO .thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Adex70(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2011
@George i will wait 4 u to get back to town iam not in hurry, just let me know the cost with delivery when u are back, iam tire 4 the poor perfomance of the supermax cband and the strong k6 both are not given me good signal that is why i want the combine c&ku, and iam considering my nile&hotbird on this.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ilish(m): 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
Soon BB will become a thng of the past.Almost laying my hands on a dongle, viva fta

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.