Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,373 members, 7,829,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) - Satellite TV Technology (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (435802 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (176) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 9:26pm On Feb 09, 2011
Ilish:

@Rextab,I did pick that bird last nite when I was nailing w2a (10.E) KU for MGM Portugal and Afro Music.The signal was strong but no channel came out.I thought it was BADR 4 but upon putting the 12303 frequency,no signal showed.Lets wait and see.
That can be a broadband satellite/internet network tp,it may not show picture.like planetsky on intelsat 7/10 @68.5east, with frequency 12640v 30000 ,just in case it doesn't show picture for a very long time.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by AlieninPH: 11:54am On Feb 10, 2011
@ George_D and other gurus in the house.

I will be grateful for a step by step procedure on how to carry out a Decoder to decoder firmware transfer for my Kaon KSF-S660HD daarsat decoder.
This is because i dont have the aac sound codec upgrade on my decoder, but my neighbours decoder has the aac sound and can receive sound on infinity channels.
I therefore wish to do a USB transfer from his own decoder to mine.
My decoder specs are as follows:
Model: KSF-S660HDCO
Info: 20.05.23-23-25A2.2200
S/W: 00.13.05.01
H/W: 01.00.84.91
Loader: 7.1.3
Micom: 6.0.0
Thanks in advance.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:34pm On Feb 10, 2011
@AlieninPH,
There is no official release for KAON decoder firmware upgrade as of now. However a good number of members have reported getting OTA (over the air) upgrades on theirs when tuned to Astra 2b (multi TV). I will advice to hook up to that satellite and see if you can recieve any upgrade too.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Abdul010: 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2011
Pls gurus, can anybody highlight me more d difference btw w3a and sirius 4a @ east because here in Nasarawa state wit a single lnb i do receive zimbo tv n vox africa channel wit my dish facing west n i undastand dat d r both w3a n sirius @east. I also do a blindscan n got some tps dat were hitting green but no channels on dem especially my astra 2 i got some wit signals uptill 89% but no channels. I be grateful 4 ur usual assistance, please.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Ameboperoo(m): 3:08pm On Feb 10, 2011
If you're getting Zimbo, Tpa, mta, mbc 1 and 3 then it's w3a while vox africa, canal2 and 3, 21bvn, france24 eng&french etc, then its Sirius4. They are located at 7&4.8 deg east respectively. You can easily track both on a single dish of 80-90cm. Depending on your location, they're close to our zenith in 9ja. If you use an offset dish, you'll apprx. be facing due south since we are north of the Equator. Note that the Sun sets in the west.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by blexxonmak(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2011
@AlieninPH. Normally,stb to stb upgrade is done using an RS 232 cable. Connect the two stbs via an RS232 cable.Select the data type you want to download on the source stb,and press the OK button.You should turn OFF the AC power of the target stb (your own),and turn it ON.Remember to connect the target stb to a TV so that you can monitor the upgrade.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by foxteroh: 7:38pm On Feb 10, 2011
D target stb is it d one to be upgraded
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2011
Abdul010:

Pls gurus, can anybody highlight me more d difference btw w3a and sirius 4a @ east because here in Nasarawa state wit a single lnb i do receive zimbo tv n vox africa channel wit my dish facing west n i undastand dat d r both w3a n sirius @east. I also do a blindscan n got some tps dat were  hitting green but no channels on dem especially my astra 2 i got some wit signals uptill 89% but no channels. I be grateful 4 your usual assistance, please.
eutelsat w3a is at 7east while sirius 4a is at 4.8 east,they are of different satellite, u have just managed to receive both satellite with a single dish and lnb,as for hitting green on w3a at 7east without having channel on it, most frequency that hit green without channel on them are, broadband internet solutions providers, like skylogic on w3a,they dont have channel on them.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2011
l mean crown royol tv is coming out with 8 channels next mouth.all the best,they has been some omission in the above port,hance this one.thank you
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Abdul010: 11:59am On Feb 11, 2011
Thanks 2 all d gurus I'm very grateful n proud 2 be a registered member of dis great site. But i believe my w3a n sirius were @ west because i attached my lnb to d same direction of nilesat at west. Once more I'm grateful 4 ur responses.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by jossybless(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
@All my Respected Gurus,pls I need to know if there is a positioner apart from Eurostar that can enable me fine tune easily.Name.Where can i get it n how much?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by jossybless(m): 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2011
@All Respected Gurus,Compliments pls I need info on positioner that wil not giv stress as Eurostar in accessing satelite,name where to get it.Am grateful.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spy005: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2011
@olsojay, please give your phone no ,we need to talk
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
@jossbless My brother l have been using EUROSTAR POSITIONER FOR THREE YRS WITHOUT AND PROBLEM.WHAT ARE SAYING.I THING IS THE BEST FOR NOW,FOR I HAVE TESTED IT AGAINST OTHERS.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by tuneh(f): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
Hi all,

I am boggled by the amount of technical info on this fta stuff. I want to install one and I would like someone to basically come do it all for me. Please recommend someone. My no is 08033195769
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by jossybless(m): 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
Thanks fellow colleague,well was informed dat there was one positioner that allow you move to satellite at a click of a channel.Your inputs ok
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by spaceman(m): 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2011
@abdul010
It is simple geography. If Abuja is averagely 7 deg E, then nasarawa shld span abt 8-10 E average. U can check naija map for accuracy.
That is why W3a-7E and Astra 4a-4.8E are to your west. Even my long positin is 7.03E. My W3a is directly facing up sky, while astra 4a is slightly to my west. But they are both to the east of the prime meridian on the globe, hence the East attached.
The more you go eastward, the more you see these satelites to your west.
I hope this explanation helps. Enjoy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rahsumt(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ olsojay i have call u to find out about the things and to see it how is work but dont want to see me may be u think i am dstvvvvvvvthive staff am not pls. 
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Abdul010: 11:33am On Feb 12, 2011
Thanks all d gurus for ur responses I neva thought we have pple in Nigeria dat r willing to assist not until I join d nairalanders. I did a blindscan n I got these channels; record mocambique, hi nolly n 1 music but scrambled, tangberg tv wit no audio n picture but its gone now. Pls I want 2 know if d hi nolly n 1 music r biss encrypted? Thanks very much gurus for being part of my knowledge quest.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 4:39pm On Feb 12, 2011
ENJOY trace tv on w4 freq 11824 h 27500
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by infofta(m): 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2011
Biss for 1 Music is no longer active. If your dish is pointed at Astra 2b, what do you need hi nolly for.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by rahsumt(m): 7:43pm On Feb 12, 2011
YES trace tv on w4 freq 11824 h 27500 thanks gadotor .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by tuneh(f): 10:35am On Feb 13, 2011
@twinskenny

I sent you a text twice! I kept getting message not delivered. My email is tuneh2001@yahoo.com
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by twinskenny(m): 4:26pm On Feb 13, 2011
tuneh:

@twinskenny

I sent you a text twice! I kept getting message not delivered. My email is tuneh2001@yahoo.com

oh sorry glo has been acting up lately, i will sent you an email.

thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by figment232(m): 5:36pm On Feb 13, 2011
@Akerekoroabijawara

Pls hw much is a 3m fiber dish and its accessories?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by Eltonluigi(m): 5:51pm On Feb 13, 2011
Was up wit etv pretoria on astra 4a,signal hit green but no audio/video
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by odilibe(m): 8:47pm On Feb 13, 2011
cos its feed thats was up, lol
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by gadotor(m): 8:56pm On Feb 13, 2011
viasat 1 on 22w nss 7/c is now SCRAMBLED.THANK YOU
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by captainus: 9:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
gadotor:

viasat 1 on 22w nss 7/c is now SCRAMBLED.THANK YOU
it has been on and off with the scrambling for sometime now
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by FMarshal2(m): 1:51am On Feb 14, 2011
Happy New Year Guys! Good to know that you're all still smiley representing FTA! cool grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by atoje(m): 7:28am On Feb 14, 2011
Some1 shld pls help me on hw 2 use old dstv card on strong decoder pls
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) by versace400(m): 12:25pm On Feb 14, 2011
@atoje,there is no special way of using it.It is d same way u insert smart card at every decoder or else d card is no more valid.U can tell d house d kind of error message u get when u insert it

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (176)

Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA / FTA Live Football Matches Announcement Thread / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.