Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Don't Discuss Personal Matters In Front Of Your Smart TV, What You Should Know - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Don't Discuss Personal Matters In Front Of Your Smart TV, What You Should Know (427 Views)

I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv / Fisayo Fosudo And Antony Blinken Discuss Tech, Innovation, & Entrepreneurship / Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Discuss Personal Matters In Front Of Your Smart TV, What You Should Know by 3mmyz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 24, 2018
This is creepy? Yeah i know.
I had recently blogged on how one could convert a dumb TV into a smart TV and now here's a very creepy news on why shouldn't discuss bedroom matters in the sitting room.
-->
https://www.gklited.com/2018/09/how-to-turn-your-tv-into-smart-tv.html

Since everything is becoming ioT (internet of Things) inclined, the world would experience a lot of change in an obnoxiously and abrupt manner. Let's keep out the good first, the Con's would be outrageously daunting, forgive my banter, but I'm shook and angry at the same time..

When will we get to experience real privacy.
Like it can pick up voice conversations from the background, like a secret listening device planted without your notice, but this time you planted it.

Below is a grab from Twitter, The user explains that in Samsung's Privacy and policy terms, it was advised that you keep the secrets off the sitting rooms, of course your home discussions are somewhat private, in fact confidential, but not with a smart TV in there.

Well i believe the voice pickup can be achieved when fully connected the internet.

If your smart TV can do this, better be a saint with your smartphones, you might not know, but hey! there might just be a snitch on the other end. Be alarmed �
What's your thought on this?

Source:
https://www.gklited.com/2018/09/dont-discuss-personal-matters-in-front.html

Re: Don't Discuss Personal Matters In Front Of Your Smart TV, What You Should Know by Pro2makx(m): 6:54pm On Sep 24, 2018
Wetin man nor go see

(1) (Reply)

New Movie AQUAMAN FULL MOVIE Download Now / Watch White Wedding Of Adekunle Gold And Simi White Wedding In Beach / The Big Bang Theory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.