Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,278 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) (55657 Views)

Toke Makinwa Unveiled As Anchor Of Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 / Meet Gulder Ultimate Search Season 12 Contestants / Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 Live Updates (Season 12) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Tintinnoty(m): 5:27pm On Sep 01, 2021
Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS), the survival reality show that dominated the Nigerian airwaves in the early 2000s, is making its triumphant return after seven years off the air.

Created and sponsored by Nigerian Breweries Plc, manufacturers of Gulder lager beer, GUS started in 2004 and enjoyed 11 seasons on the air. The show went on to become the most-watched reality TV series in Nigeria before it ended in 2016.

Nigerian Breweries (NB) Plc. has officially announced that the show would make its comeback with “The Age of Craftsmanship” as the theme for the 2021 edition.

Sade Morgan, the Corporate Affairs Director, Nigerian Breweries Plc, said, “We are really excited to be bringing back the Gulder Ultimate Search for the viewing pleasure of Nigerians who have over the years continued to call for the return of the show.

The planning team has put in place everything necessary to give the fans exactly what they enjoy about the show, and I am confident that everyone will be pleasantly surprised and delighted with what we have in store.”

According to Morgan, registration will kick off on September 1 and close on September 8, 2021. The first screening session starts September 13 in Abuja and Enugu, while the second screening session kicks off on September 16 in Lagos.

The TV premiere of ‘Gulder Ultimate Search: The Age of Craftsmanship’ is set for October 16, 2021, and will run till December 19, when the grand finale will hold.

From the first edition, which premiered in 2004, contestants were camped in different parts of the country to struggle against themselves and the wild, i.e. nature, and their search for a hidden treasure that brings to the last person standing instant fame and fortune.

The prize rose from N3 million from the first edition to N10 million and a brand new SUV in the last edition. Since it went off the air, fans have been calling for its return. And now the show is back!

In its 11-season run, the show discovered several talents who became stars in Nigeria’s entertainment industry. Some of the past winners, Kunle Remi (winner of the 2010 edition), Dennis Okike (Season cool, and Chris Okagbue (Season 10) went on to build a successful career in Nollywood.

Remi, who was 22 years old when he won in 2010, starred in the Africa Magic series Tinsel, Forbidden, and several other critically acclaimed Nollywood movies like Sin City and Gold Statue.

Dominic Mudabai, the winner of the fourth edition, has also appeared in numerous TV Commercials for several multinational brands.

Who Can Apply?

Organisers say the new season of GUS is open to receiving applications from Nigerians between 21-35 years from September 1, 2021, via its online registration platform www.gulderultimatesearch.ng

How do you do it?

To submit an application, all you have to do is head to the GUS website.

Here, applicants must enter their personal details, upload a photograph, and answer a few questions.

When is the deadline?

The application process ends on September 8, 2021.

What happens after the application?

Shortlisted applicants will undergo a regional selection process in Abuja and Enugu on September 13 and 14, while the selection will take place in Lagos on September 16 and 17, 2021.

Where will the show air?

The show will air on DStv and other local stations across the country.

Who is the anchor?

The host of the new season is yet to be announced but previous editions of the show were anchored by Nollywood actors Chidi Mokeme and Bob Manuel-Udokwu.

https://m.guardian.ng/life/gulder-ultimate-search-gus-is-back/

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by datgengengirl(f): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2021
Wow.....can't wait though.

Lalasticlala come and hear something

198 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Emmaxplus(m): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2021
How through is this op?

Meanwhile lalasticlala can help do justice to this so other nairaland members can see
And maybe join the search

grin grin grin shocked

4 Likes

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by KingsizeD(m): 6:19pm On Sep 01, 2021
If BBN go dey air during the commencement of the show , GUS go body am

264 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by NairalandMall: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ok.. oh
At least better than Bbn shaa

170 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
grin
Sorry oh... BBN don dey on board Now.....Tho as a person, I'd rather prefer to watch this gulder ultimate search,and discard BBN.

145 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Patrioticman007(m): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Ogogoro show,
Ogogoro be like woman of you take am you go high, ooooooooo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by 4tomandchi: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Decent show!!! Bad news for BB9ja lovers dem no go see yansh and bobby for this one. grin cheesy

180 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by ThierryJay: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nice. Most exciting season for me was the one at Obudu won by yellow Lucan with black Martins as the co-finalist and Ify as the last woman standing.

GUS has produced some fine ass nollywood star actors in the persons of Kunle Remi (2010 season winner) and Chris Okagbue (2015 season winner).

Baddest winner though is Dominic Mudabai. Guy has same character with Boma of BBN.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Queenserah26(f): 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Hmmmm, can't wait tongue
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Adolfhitler001: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
They better be careful before bandit kidnap person pikin inside bush

348 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
Great news!

1 Like

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Nuelito: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
This is my turn to shine...

3 Likes

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Wokenaija: 6:20pm On Sep 01, 2021
You can search 4 deez nutz! grin

1 Like

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Vabama: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Enudapan: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms

This shit over big brother naija
Anytime any day

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by dhardline(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Wow...this is good news. The only way it can be a success is if it's done in another country that's safe. If they try it in this country the contestants will end up being the lost that needs to be found.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Ancecoker(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
angry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by phr0nesis(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
I'll definitely watch this one, not the borefest called BBnaija

Meanwhile bandits awaiting the announcement of the venue like

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by BOOOMNAIJA: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Like for Gulder ultimate search, share for big brother naija.

I wan see something

321 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Lol
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Zegemi(f): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Now the real show is back!

My fear be say make bandits no go storm their camp.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Are you sure, i was telling someone about this show today, as in it's my best show or should i say one of the best so far

......e no go better for bbnaija

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Sunisonflex39(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021

Looking for my jungle boot..

How do I apply

Which forest them one use host this one...

Beware of bandits..

I go advice each of them to hold side dagger..

Just incase

4 Likes

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by FlipModeSquade(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Used to wonder why such a great show could be yanked off air,whilst Shit Shows like BBN are flourishing.. angry

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by psychologist(m): 6:21pm On Sep 01, 2021
Air GUS and BBN at the same time, most Nigerians will still tune to BBN....

And on Sunday and Friday, church and mosque go full, who then are the BBN fans

15 Likes

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search (GUS) Is Back In 2021 (Everything You Should Know) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2021
Good! The real is back.

Shit about to get real smiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kemen And Tboss Trend After Esther And Frodd Pant Saga, Tboss Video Dug Up / BBNaija: Housemates React As Anto And Khloe Return To The House / Hilarious Conversation Between DSTV & Unhappy Customer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.