Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,728 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore (1486 Views)

Buhari, APC Begging Atiku Not To Go To Court - Buba Galadima / Rerun: APC Wins PDP In Osogbo / Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by mirexxx(f): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2018
Candidate of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) in the Osun gubernatorial election, Iyiola Omisore, revealed on Monday that the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) has begged for his support to help its candidate, Isiaka Oyetola, win the governorship seat.
Omisore made the revelation after receiving Senate President, Dr Bukola Saraki, who paid the governorship aspirant a visit in Ile-Ife.
Saraki had alongside some stalwarts of the PDP visited the SDP governorship aspirant in a bid to get him to support the opposition party’s candidate in the September 27 rerun election fixed by Independent National Electoral Election (INEC).
Advertisement
Speaking to journalists after the meeting with Omisore, the Senate President said: “I was here to meet with distinguished Senator Iyiola Omisore to seek his support for the PDP in the Thursday’s governorship re-run election in Osun State, and we thank God the meeting was successful.”
Asked on Omisore’s reaction to his request, Saraki said “the meeting was highly successful and promising. That is why you see us laughing together after the meeting. I can assure you that the meeting was promising and it will help Osun State.
“It was a promising meeting for Osun State and we do hope that the outcome of the meeting will help democracy and help Osun State,” said the Senate President.
On his part, Omisore said after the meeting:
“We have our own action plan in the SDP. The APC has come to us, so also the PDP. We are yet to take any decision on the matter. When the decision is taken we will let you know.”

INEC had declared a rerun in the Osun election after PDP’s candidate, Senator Ademola Adeleke, polled 254, 699 against APC’s candidate who scored 254, 345 votes.
The electoral body said the difference of 353 between the leading aspirants was less than the total of 3, 498 that was cancelled in about seven polling units in the election.

gringrin

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by BabaO2: 8:14pm On Sep 24, 2018
He looks sick
Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by mirexxx(f): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
BabaO2:
He looks sick
grin
Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by zico530(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2018
APC grin cheesy cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by Vixlot: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2018
grin

That is Democracy in Action

Visit to post free advert

https://www.vixpal.com
Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by HoluwarTohbar(f): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
Op Source?

APC met Omisore under the cover of night. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
I trust Omisore will make the right decision!

We don't want people paying half salaries as leaders anywhere in Nigeria!

It is a taboo!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by mirexxx(f): 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2018
HoluwarTohbar:
Op Source?

APC met Omisore under the cover of night. grin grin
Nicodemus style grin

2 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by HoluwarTohbar(f): 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2018
mirexxx:
Nicodemus style grin
grin
Re: Osun Rerun: APC Begging For My Support, Says Omisore by DogmaNation: 11:29pm On Sep 24, 2018
zico530:
APC grin cheesy cry
APC OLE! tongue

(1) (Reply)

If Nnamdi Kanu Supports Atiku, Buhari Will Widen The Margin Of Victory In 2019 / APC Makes Peace With Amosun, Offers Him 3 Senatorial Slots / Breaking: Nnamdi Kanu In Secret Pact With APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.