Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,063 members, 7,825,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South (63924 Views)

Kano Rerun: APC Stakeholders Meet In Nasarawa LGA, Strategize How To Win / Rerun: APC Wins PDP In Osogbo / Davido: No PDP Agent In Ward 007, 012 In Olode, Ife South LGA - Davido Tweets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by midolian(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has been declared winner of Polling Unit 012 in Olode Ward of Ife South Local Government Area in the Osun State governorship supplementary poll held on Thursday.

In the inconclusive election held Saturday, Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP ) scored 254,698 votes to beat his APC rival, Gboyega Oyetola, who polled 254,345 votes.

The electoral commission, however, declared the election inconclusive because the margin of 353 votes between the two leading parties, PDP and APC, was less than the number of cancelled votes (3,498) in seven polling units where results was cancelled across four local governments.

Ife South LG houses one of the seven polling units, where the re-run election held. The six other polling units are situated in Orolu, Osogbo and Ife-north LGAs.
According to the result declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) through the presiding officer in Polling Unit 012 in Olode Ward of Ife South, the APC scooped 283 votes while the PDP, which came second, had 15 votes.

Thus, APC led the PDP with a margin of 268 votes.
Below is the Breakdown of the votes:
Number of registered voters: 812
Number of accredited voters: 310
Number of rejected votes: 6
APC: 283
APA: 3
APGA: 1
PDP: 15
SDP: 1
UPN: 1

Meanwhile, PREMIUM TIMES reported that PDP party agents were absent in the Ife South polling unit.
The PDP publicity secretary, Bamidele Salaam, when asked why the agent of the party was absent said the party agent, alongside some members, were chased away from the polling unit by hoodlums early Thursday.

“The report that got to us was that some of our party members including the agents were chased away from the polling unit by some thugs on Thursday morning,” he told PREMIUM TIMES.

The PDP candidate has described the election as a charade and rejected its outcome.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/286818-breaking-osundecides2018-apc-records-landslide-win-in-ife-south.html

7 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by modath(f): 3:53pm On Sep 27, 2018
Mido, rice no sauce. cool

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Hofbrauhaus(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2018
Democracy has gone to the dogs...shame!

223 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by dustmalik: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nice comeback by APC

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by midolian(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
Hofbrauhaus:
Democracy has gone to the dogs...shame!
grin grin grin

No matter the form in which the liquid comes or takes, I can identify the tears of a wailer grin grin

When PDP was leading, you guys on were saying "that's the beauty of democracy"..All of a sudden, democracy has turned ugly grin grin

Cry on bro!

Lalasticlala cool

148 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by ShobayoEmma(m): 3:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
I wish Ademola goodluck against Oyetola though expect rigged result hence some observers have been denied access to monitor Orolu and Ife axis re-run. Shame on election riggers. Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by midolian(m): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2018
modath:
Mido, rice no sauce. cool
Source don dey oo..There is a cold bottle of drink to cool it down sef

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by yarimo(m): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2018
Best news of the day grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by eyeview: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
Fellow Nigerians.
It has become obvious that its only God that can deliver this nation from the evil hold of apc.

As for those who in 2015 voted APC and said, "we will vote out Jonathan and PDP and vote in Buhari, if he doesn't perform, we will vote him out", I hope you now see the stupidity and where your foolishness has landed us all. Come and vote them out.

As for me and my household, we have agreed that if Buhari and apc win in 2019, we will leave Nigeria for you all to enjoy the fruits of your stupidity

167 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Amirullaha(m): 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
If PDP win this election; I'll continue using my FB account...
If APC win this election; I'll continue using my NL account...

May the best candidate win...

7 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Buharifan: 4:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
Up APC!

Click 'Like' for APC and 'Share' for PDP.

190 Likes 249 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by BafanaBafana: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Till it's over
Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by bettercreature(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
dustmalik:
Nice come back by APC
It wasnt easy grin grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by tstx(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
In Africa. an incumbent president who really .wants to go for another term nothing fit stop am from winning... not even death because most of them have death in their pouches.

That said, Only a fool... A nonentity... a dimwit. even after seeing all this would still believe that Buhari go lose this 2019 election... If you like pray to God/Allah/Sango/Tree/Cup/Amadioha/Budha/Dibia/Your Pastor etc.. Buhari go still win. Its the fact. lets just prepare for 2023.
Even when 2023 arrives I'm sure we'll still vote in a dimwitted dimwit to rule us.. Afterall voting stupid people to rule us is what we do best.

See my signature...

31 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Timpsy: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
I have lost hope in this country.
#sobbing

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by HigherEd: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Why won't they record landslide victory, Crazy criminals....

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by statusquoante: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Supreme court to the rescue

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by damilare442: 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
I wasnt expecting less. We are in a country run by people without political ideologies. The major parties (PDP and APC) are just there to validate their greed for power and state's resources.

How we found ourselves here is beyond the scope of my argument. Can we be free? Yes if the citizens create a sense of belonging for ourselves. They can't rig elections, cause chaos without using us. They can't she their children or close relatives.

Finally, if you are a Nigerian youth and you have the opportunity to leave and get to a better place where your existence and intellectual prowess can be better valued, take the opportunity and leave.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by teekay213(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
I'm speechless!

This is bad

People say PDP did same thing but what is the different bwt APC and PDP

APC promise change

Is this the change they promise?

Military please take over at least they will be decorum.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by sanpipita(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Spits on APC.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Yomboy4ever(m): 4:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by BruncleZuma: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
SMH

1 Like

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by ITbomb(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
Can a result not signed by all party agents stand?

19 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Alighoda2(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
this is a rape on democracy ,we all know that pdp won this election

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by irapson2(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
Hahhah APC fire grin grin

1 Like

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Priye007(m): 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
Let me come and be going home ooooooo.
Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by hucienda: 4:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
Atlanta '96.

The entire election in the state was compromised, a charade and the supposed umpire - INEC - is massively tainted, corrupt and complicit.

On a broader scale, the subversion and blatant coercion on display portends grave danger for the country's democracy as she approaches the 2019 general elections.

There goes the "if Buhari doesn't perform, we vote him out" naïveté of some folks in 2015 - ignoring THE major flaw in that simplistic reasoning: Buhari ain't no Jonathan. One is a republican democrat, refined by democratic ideals and principles. The other - a soldier (and staunch tribalist going by his deeds the past 40 months in a multi-ethnic diverse country).

eyeview:
Fellow Nigerians.
It has become obvious that its only God that can deliver this nation from the evil hold of apc.

As for those who in 2015 voted APC and said, "we will vote out Jonathan and PDP and vote in Buhari, if he doesn't perform, we will vote him out", I hope you now see the stupidity and where your foolishness has landed us all. Come and vote them out.

As for me and my household, we have agreed that if Buhari and apc win in 2019, we will leave Nigeria for you all to enjoy the fruits of your stupidity

Succint summary of the avoidable, unfortunate situation the country is currently in. Well, thank you sir.

6 Likes

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Calers: 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2018
What goes around comes around. Obasanjo and pdp did more than this.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Anijay1212(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2018
If APC fail to win Osun election at all cost i will never forgive them.In my polling unit in AKS i have never been allowed to vote by Pdp agents because they feel it is their birth right to always win.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by Master94: 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2018
we are in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Osun Rerun: APC Wins In Ife South by GameGod(m): 4:04pm On Sep 27, 2018
Skem grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kufre Carter: Governor Emmanuel Gave N4m To #EndSARS Protesters, I Got N500k / #EndSARS: Hussaini Coomassie Tells Buhari To Use Force Against Protesters / APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.