Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School (10898 Views)

OPM Builds 15th Free School In Rivers State / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Gifts Ex-Sex Worker N1M In OPM (Photos) / OPM Church Completes 6th Free School Building In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by AkpaMgbor(m): 10:31am On Sep 25, 2018
calddon:

The publicity isnt necessary even When Jesus was accused of being a drunk and a glutton he said the words of Luke 7:35: But wisdom is proved right by all her children."
True again but today's people(even Christians) are moved by what they see..no longer by hearing or by faith..
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by OlusegunAdedayo: 10:33am On Sep 25, 2018
angry
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 25, 2018
lonelydora:
They should allow the boy go back to the mechanic workshop after graduation.

I have decided that in addition to schooling, my kids MUST learn a trade like Mechanic, Carpentry, Hair dressing/barbing, Music, tailoring, plumbing, electrician, etc.

This is the way forward for a country that do not care about it's citizens

Instead of you to think of making them have dual citizenship, dream big bruh
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by MrWondah(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2018
musicwriter:
If religion could be a force for good that's a good thing as long as we are intelligent enough to realise it's in itself a myth. Is anyone here a member of the church? I'll appreciate if you could provide me their website or a way I can obtain account info cause I'll like to make them a N10, 000 donation.
Here is their site
https://opmworldwide.com/
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by lonelydora: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2018
skarlett:

They already have, my dear. I actually want them to finish secondary school here before relocating.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by musicwriter(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2018
MrWondah:

Here is their site
https://opmworldwide.com/

Ok. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2018
lonelydora:

They already have, my dear. I actually want them to finish secondary school here before relocating.

What's so special about secondary schools down here? Anyways if that's the case, what's the use of learning a vocation so they can have something to fall back on in Nigeria?
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by afroxyz: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Very true..but how then will the gullible freeze followers know what the churches are doing? You see the likes of freeze has deceived many people into thinking the church is entirely selfish because many churches don't broadcast the charity they do...

If many churces were doing charity, we would know. Leave story
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by afroxyz: 11:40am On Sep 25, 2018
skarlett:

Is dual citizenship a gurantee to a wealthy life? Even the skills would be very useful to a dual citizen
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by jlinkd78(m): 12:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
calddon:
Is it that Mathew 6:3 is missing from the bibles of all clergies or they choose to ignore the words of Jesus

But when thou doest alms, let not thy
left hand know what thy right hand doeth
Please d Pastor is not advertising his personal alms giving to d indigent but showcasing what d money coming into d church which he oversees is being used for. When where u quoted is juxtaposed with Matt 5: 14 -15 , d bible made it clear that u should let d world know about d good works (of charity) so that d name of of ur father in heaven may be glorified
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by jlinkd78(m): 12:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
gladisa7:
which church is this opm?..I saw d video on fb..
Omega Power Ministries located in Aluu Portharcourt Rivers with branches nationwide

1 Like

Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Abdullahi2018: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Nice gesture from the Ministry. Hopefully they won't stop him from honing his skill further unless they have job waiting for him after school

Freeze won't like this
Actually Daddy freeze campaign supports this. This is what he is talking about. He actually wants church money to be used to help poor members and not to be used to acquire private jets, build expensive schools and live a flamboyant lifestyle.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by lakefist(m): 1:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
iHart:
That church didn't start this today. I have a cousin who joined one of the free training where he learnt industrial welding and how to build big barges. Stupidity and rumour about how the owner of the church ran his church made him not to pick his certificate. The rumour had it that any person the man helps, he takes his destiny. But what I don't understand is how a very poor person with no future will have destiny. If the man needs destinies to steal, he will look for big men like Ambode, Tinubu, Dangote, Otedola etc. Poverty and Ignorance is a big disease!!

Kudos to OPM

LOL..So true! Person wey dem wan help him life dey talk say na him destiny dey wan use.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Godssword1(m): 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
Access thousands of free Christian Ebooks in our Telegram group and still counting. Join us now: https:///ibloggospel
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by lonelydora: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
skarlett:

What's so special about secondary schools down here? Anyways if that's the case, what's the use of learning a vocation so they can have something to fall back on in Nigeria?

See eeeh, i want them to stay here so the Nigerians culture will be fully embedded in them. Their travelling is just for University shaa. They will make it here in Jesus Name.

By the way, which country are you in?
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
I was in the service live at Mbodo Aluu Rivers state, even two children from Cameron, although they failed the entrance exam, they were still given admission, their mother was accommodated to their Free estate.

They have free restaurant, Free foodstuffs, infact the church is great

1 Like

Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Rick9(m): 2:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
Very good OPM getting worldwide recognition
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
lonelydora:

See eeeh, i want them to stay here so the Nigerians culture will be fully embedded in them. Their travelling is just for University shaa. They will make it here in Jesus Name.

By the way, which country are you in?

Who Nigerian culture epp undecided
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
afroxyz:

Is dual citizenship a gurantee to a wealthy life? Even the skills would be very useful to a dual citizen

Same way getting skills is no guarantee to a wealthy life especially in Nigeria.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by danbrowndmf(m): 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
musicwriter:
If religion could be a force for good that's a good thing as long as we are intelligent enough to realise it's in itself a myth. Is anyone here a member of the church? I'll appreciate if you could provide me their website or a way I can obtain account info cause I'll like to make them a N10, 000 donation.
their name is omega power ministries in porthacourt.. Google them you will see their account number.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by afroxyz: 8:06am On Sep 26, 2018
skarlett:

Same way getting skills is no guarantee to a wealthy life especially in Nigeria.

In this internet age? It is my dear. Unless you don't know what to do
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 26, 2018
afroxyz:

In this internet age? It is my dear. Unless you don't know what to do

How many skills do you have that has made you super rich?
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by afroxyz: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2018
skarlett:

How many skills do you have that has made you super rich?

Only my writing alone brings me above 100k monthly. Apart from graphics. I'm still investing in video editing and motion graphics.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 26, 2018
afroxyz:

Only my writing alone brings me above 100k monthly. Apart from graphics. I'm still investing in video editing and motion graphics.

100k is riches abi? You're talking about soft skills and we're talking about are hard skills that's why I made that reference. I expected you to say you cut hair and you make millions from it and blah blah. Abeg I don't have strength for this, this morning
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by cigna9(m): 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
must the whole time World hear about it?
is he the only pastor/preacher that sponsors people?
such hypocrisy...
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Successdude(m): 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2018
musicwriter:
guy have you found it ? If no, take. Got it today.

OPM free Education partner
Bank: FCMB
Account number: 0363390061

After payment call my G.O on this or send him SMS for prayers. 0803 338 5271
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by musicwriter(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2018
Successdude:
guy have you found it ? If no, take. Got it today.

OPM free Education partner
Bank: FCMB
Account number: 0363390061

After payment call my G.O on this or send him SMS for prayers. 0803 338 5271

Already tried sending money to them but it didn't end well. They took N70,000 from my card instead of N10,000 I wanted to donate. Details https://www.nairaland.com/4755140/dont-donate-omega-power-ministries
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Successdude(m): 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2018
musicwriter:

Already tried sending money to them but it didn't end well. They took N70,000 from my card instead of N10,000 I wanted to donate. Details https://www.nairaland.com/4755140/dont-donate-omega-power-ministries
bro I am a member of that church and for over 8 yes I have been there. This is the first time I have heard something like this and it is not true. The church is bigger than 70,000 naira and as such I doubt. But if really , I think it is wise and only wise it is from the bank .. The church run the bank ? No, let's be wise here please and not do layman... First of all let me ask you :

Didn't you type the amount you wanted to send yourself or what ?
When you did or were doing that, didn't you see the amount you were sending displayed before you input your password or token number or pin or whatever ?

With these I believe you not saying what's honest.

But if you insist, I would like to speak to you on phone or WhatsApp.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by musicwriter(m): 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2018
Successdude:
bro I am a member of that church and for over 8 yes I have been there. This is the first time I have heard something like this and it is not true. The church is bigger than 70,000 naira and as such I doubt. But if really , I think it is wise and only wise it is from the bank .. The church run the bank ? No, let's be wise here please and not do layman... First of all let me ask you :

Didn't you type the amount you wanted to send yourself or what ?
When you did or were doing that, didn't you see the amount you were sending displayed before you input your password or token number or pin or whatever ?

With these I believe you not saying what's honest.

But if you insist, I would like to speak to you on phone or WhatsApp.

Read the thread from beginning and you'll see screenshots of my payment to them which they claimed was declined, but after which they charged me.

I have reported the matter to the relevant authorities, which is what I am supposed to do. Yes, you may be a member of the church but you simply don't know what's going on there. You're just a church member.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Successdude(m): 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
musicwriter:

Read the thread from beginning and you'll see screenshots of my payment to them which they claimed was declined, but after which they charged me.

I have reported the matter to the relevant authorities, which is what I am supposed to do. Yes, you may be a member of the church but you simply don't know what's going on there. You're just a church member.
Its also it that you notified the church first to see what she would say before going to 'relevant authorities' ... It's more like you are after spoiling the name of the church. Well, the church doesn't do fraud.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by musicwriter(m): 7:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
Successdude:
Its also it that you notified the church first to see what she would say before going to 'relevant authorities' ... It's more like you are after spoiling the name of the church. Well, the church doesn't do fraud.

When someone scam you, the right thing to do is report the matter to the authorities, and I have done so. I am not expected to do anything else. If you think that's spoiling the image of the church that's understandable, you're being partisan because it's your church, you don't want your church investigated. But your church is not above the law of the land.
Re: OPM Admits Boy Who Was Learning Mechanic Into Its Free School by Successdude(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
musicwriter:

When someone scam you, the right thing to do is report the matter to the authorities, and I have done so. I am not expected to do anything else. If you think that's spoiling the image of the church that's understandable, you're being partisan because it's your church, you don't want your church investigated. But your church is not above the law of the land.
That's if it committed fraud but it didn't and hasn't ... Anything could have caused that. Anyway, have a nice time..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Drop Christianity, The White Man's Religion / What Is The Worst Sin A Christian Can Commit / 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Go To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.