Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,766 members, 7,827,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Osun Voters: Read Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Voters: Read Me (442 Views)

2023 Nigeria Youths 1st Time Voters Read This!!! / Osun Voters Mock APC: We Collected Their Money, But Voted For Adeleke (Video) / Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Voters: Read Me by MayorofLagos(m): 11:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
I fear that the citizens of Osun are dangerously close to reversing advantages and gains of political alignment regionally over the past 8years, and nationally for almost the past 4yrs. They want to punish APC for not paying salary of civil servants in the state. While I empathize over the ill-treatment I empathize even more with the damages they are about to bring upon their state if they elect PDP into Government house. Osun is relatively a young state, just 27years. It was created on same date with states like Jigawa in NWZ, Adamawa in NEZ, Kogi in NCZ, Abia in SEZ, Edo in SS, and many others. In the 27years of its creation Osun has suffered development deficit. For a state in the Yoruba controlled SWZ, with the super advantages of economic and market integration, Osun should by now be far ahead of sister-states created on same day, but something is missing and Osun is struggling, marginally ahead of states like Abia, Adamawa or Taraba and Yobe. The value-chain of colocation and political advantages of industrial giants, financial and technological hubs in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo is a wasted dividend on Osun State. So how did this happen?

Here are the Pros and Cons:

Pros -
1 - Alignment
Osun is central to Yorubaland and a gateway between North, South, West, East of Yoruba Commonwealth. Shares border with Kwara, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun. Distance to Lagos about two and half hours, distance to Kogi same, or less. Business initiatives in Lagos and Ogun is capable of creating multiplier effects in Osun, greater in outcomes and far reaching due to the market synergy that exist in this alignment.

2 - Immune from security challenges
SWZ is the only region in the sovereignty with the least security risk. The region serves as abode of refuge for citizens escaping threats and hazards from other regions of the nation. This creates over abundance in ethnic diversity, manpower and skills resource.

3 - The Lagos model
Out of the six states of SWZ three are listed in top 10 centers of Excellence in Nigeria - Lagos, Ogun and Oyo. These three states were able to accomplish the feat because a new political order was idealized and executed in Lagos to bring the Party closer to Government to mirror a Corporate Boardroom principle called Business Continuity. Out of this is derived the theory of Best Practice. Business continuity is best practice for the political dividends of any state in Nigeria. To achieve the goals it is imperative that the political structure in the state stays constant and in harmony for a long term...long enough for the seeds to take root and germinate. Changing political party, disturbing the political structure, displacing the harmony, will all make it impossible to deliver best practice through the principles of business continuity, hence the reason why certain states are at bottom of performance. Osun is the newest state in SW and the only one that has suffered the most displacements in political structure. It is important to keep APC in place for continuity, than to change to PDP and loose gains of the past 8years. If you must change party, then put a mechanism in place that secures continuity so the incoming party does not deviate from the gains of past administration, but this is the most difficult guarantees to give.

Cons -
1 - Non payment of salary
Osun is at the top of violator list, but it is not the only state that has not paid salary. APC and PDP states are both guilty of not paying salary. So kicking out APC to bring in PDP is illogical and hard to concile with wisdom. if PDP is capable of paying salary, there should not be any PDP state owing salaries to workers.

2 - We will punish APC
APC controls the center and the legislature as well over 50% of state governments. Moreover, all the states that Osun share border with are in APC hand, and all Yoruba states of SW are in APC. How do you punish APC by bringing in PDP for Osun? You will end up doing damage to derived advantages due to your strategic location and market synergy. You will also repeat past pattern of changing party and destabilizing political progress in Osun. Instead of dynamically rising to compete with APC in Ogun, you will end up sparring with who is better between PDP Osun and PDP Abia. Is this what you want?

3 - An exit interview
I believe Ogbeni Aregbesola can be censored for the way he treated workers salary. This will be a way for the people of Osun to exact their pound of flesh on him. The people should protest and demand that Osun House of Assembly must sit and pass a Vote of No Confidence on Ogbeni and enter it into the House record no less than 24hrs before the scheduled rerun election take place. In concession, the people will return APC to State house. This is a win-win position. Business continuity can proceed to the benefit of the people of the state and the need to stabilize the politics of Osun for growth and development. At his exit, Ogbeni does not get away free, he will carry with him into future a political impeachment as evidence of a bad job.

4 - Polarization
There is too much political division and turf battles. Osun needs one or two political rallying points that integrate with other rallying points in the region to promote development and spread industries inland. The polarization on the other hand creates too many landlords competing for right of way but not breaking down barriers and artificial walls that block access for investments. Ooni is single-handedly doing in Osun what politicians should naturally have been championing as a policy.

Check out the list of the states and the month they are owing teachers below:

1: Osun State; 28 Months

2: Nasaraw State; 26 Months

3: Kogi State; 25 Months

4: Benue State; 12 Months

5: Ekiti State; 9 Months

6: Bayelsa State; 7 Months

7: Taraba State; 6 Months

8: Abia State; 5 Months

9: Kaduna State; 5 Months

10: Ondo State; 4 Months

11: Kwara State; 2 Months

12: Delta State; 2 Months

13: Oyo State; 1 Month

My dear brothers and sisters in Osun, here is my parting message to you.

A ki fi ara eni se oogun alokunna.
One does not use oneself as an ingredient in a medicine requiring that the ingredients be pulverized.
(Self-preservation is a compulsory project for all.)

A ki i fi ida pa igbin.
One does not use a sword to kill a snail.
(Remedies should be commensurate with the problem.)

You have had too much political switches in 27years and it has impacted growth. Sustain what you have and continue with APC. Do not repeat errors of past years.

The venom that should be taken on Ogbeni, do not put it on APC.

Re: Osun Voters: Read Me by Olril18(m): 12:07am On Sep 25, 2018
MayorofLagos:
I fear that the citizens of Osun are dangerously close to reversing advantages and gains of political alignment regionally over the past 8years, and nationally for almost the past 4yrs. They want to punish APC for not paying salary of civil servants in the state. While I empathize over the ill-treatment I empathize even more with the damages they are about to bring upon their state if they elect PDP into Government house. Osun is relatively a young state, just 27years. It was created on same date with states like Jigawa in NWZ, Adamawa in NEZ, Kogi in NCZ, Abia in SEZ, Edo in SS, and many others. In the 27years of its creation Osun has suffered development deficit. For a state in the Yoruba controlled SWZ, with the super advantages of economic and market integration, Osun should by now be far ahead of sister created on same day, but something is missing and Osun is struggling, marginally ahead of states like Abia, Adamawa or Taraba and Yobe. The value-chain of colocation and political advantages of industrial giants, financial and technological hubs in Lagos, Ogun and Oyo is a wasted dividend on Osun State. So how did this happen?

Here are the Pros and Cons:

Pros -
1 - Alignment
Osun is central to Yorubaland and a gateway between North, South, West, East of Yoruba Commonwealth. Shares border with Kwara, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, Ogun. Distance to Lagos about two and half hours, distance to Kogi same, or less. Business initiatives in Lagos and Ogun is capable of creating multiplier effects in Osun, greater in outcomes and far reaching due to the market synergy that exist in this alignment.

2 - Immune from security challenges
SWZ is the only region in the sovereignty with the lest security risk. The region serves as abode of refuge for citizens escaping threats and hazards from other regions of the nation. This creates over abundance in ethnic diversity, manpower and skills resource.

3 - The Lagos model
Out of the six states of SWZ three are listed in top 10 centers of Excellence in Nigeria - Lagos, Ogun and Oyo. These three states were able to accomplish the feat because a new political order was idealized and executed in Lagos to bring the Party closer to Government to mirror a Corporate Boardroom principle called Business Continuity. Out of this is derived the theory of Best Practice. Business continuity is best practice for the political dividends of any state in Nigeria. To achieve the goals it is imperative that the political structure in the state stays constant and in harmony for a long term...long enough for the seeds to take root and germinate. Changing political party, disturbing the political structure, displacing the harmony, will all make it impossible to deliver best practice through the principles of business continuity, hence the reason why certain states are at bottom of performance. Osun is the newest state in SW and the only one that has suffered the most displacements in political structure. It is important to keep APC in place for continuity, than to change to PDP and loose gains of the past 8years. If you must change party, then put a mechanism in place that secures continuity so the incoming party does not deviate from the gains of past administration, but this is the most difficult guarantees to give.

Cons -
1 - Non payment of salary
Osun is at the top of violator list, but it is not the only state that has not paid salary. APC and PDP states are both guilty of not paying salary. So kicking out APC to bring in PDP is illogical and hard to concile with wisdom. if PDP is capable of paying salary, there should not be any PDP state owing salaries to workers.

2 - We will punish APC
APC controls the center and the legislature as well over 50% of state governments. Moreover, all the states that Osun share border with are in APC hand, and all Yoruba states of SW are in APC. How do you punish APC by bringing in PDP for Osun? You will end up doing damage to derived advantages due to your strategic location and market synergy. You will also repeat past pattern of changing party and destabilizing political progress in Osun. Instead of dynamically rising to compete with APC in Ogun, you will end up sparring with who is better between PDP Osun and PDP Abia. Is this what you want?

3 - An exit interview
I believe Ogbeni Aregbesola can be censored for the way he treated workers salary. This will be a way for the people of Sun to exact their pound of flesh on him. The people should protest and demand that Osun House of Assembly must sit and pass a Vote of No Confidence on Ogbeni and enter it into the House record no less than 24hrs before the scheduled rerun election take place. In concession, the people will return APC to State house. This is a win-win position. Business continuity can proceed to the benefit of the people of the state and the need to stabilize the politics of Osun for growth and development.

4 - Polarization
There is too much political division and turf battles. Osun needs one or two political rallying points that integrate with other rallying points in the region to promote development and spread industries inland. The polarization on the other hand creates too many landlords competing for right of way but not breaking down barriers and artificial walls that block access for investments. Ooni is single-handedly doing in Osun what politicians should naturally have been championing as a policy.

Check out the list of the states and the month they are owing teachers below:

1: Osun State; 28 Months

2: Nasaraw State; 26 Months

3: Kogi State; 25 Months

4: Benue State; 12 Months

5: Ekiti State; 9 Months

6: Bayelsa State; 7 Months

7: Taraba State; 6 Months

8: Abia State; 5 Months

9: Kaduna State; 5 Months

10: Ondo State; 4 Months

11: Kwara State; 2 Months

12: Delta State; 2 Months

13: Oyo State; 1 Month

My dear brothers and sisters in Sun, here is my parting message to you.

A ki fi ara eni se oogun alokunna.
One does not use oneself as an ingredient in a medicine requiring that the ingredients be pulverized.
(Self-preservation is a compulsory project for all.)

A ki i fi ida pa igbin.
One does not use a sword to kill a snail.
(Remedies should be commensurate with the problem.)

You have had too much political switches in 27years and it has impacted growth. Sustain what you have and continue with APC. Do not repeat errors of past years.

The venom that should be taken on Ogbeni, do not put it on APC.

eyin oloshi wonwon yii, it will never be better for you and your generation by the grace of God.
we should vote in a party that is suffering us and even mocking us with it and rubbing it off her face hence the nonsensical Tinubu statement in osogbo
.. eight years of our development was wasted by Apc and you're saying trash.
infact ori re o pe raraa.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Voters: Read Me by Ceccylia(f): 12:21am On Sep 25, 2018
U don vex gan oooo grin
Olril18:

eyin oloshi wonwon yii, it will never be better for you and your generation by the grace of God.
we should vote in a party that is suffering us and even mocking us with it and rubbing it off her face hence the nonsensical Tinubu statement in osogbo

1 Like

Re: Osun Voters: Read Me by haaryobhami: 1:25am On Sep 25, 2018
useless post its obvious u don't care about the welfare of osun people,ur only worry is that apc should return to d state house.
U keep making it seems like apc is a Yoruba party that's only after the development of oduduwa but there is no different between them nd pdp.
If only omisore had won sha.
U just a political jobber claiming pro-yoruba

2 Likes

Re: Osun Voters: Read Me by MayorofLagos(m): 8:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
The groundwork in Osun has paid off. The virtual work on the internet has also paid off. Thanks to all the warriors, whether you are in Osun, in Nairaland, on tweeter, facebook, instagram or even in media houses.

It's done, Congratulations soldiers! ....
Re: Osun Voters: Read Me by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 29, 2018
Olril18:

Bla bla bla bla .
How market?

(1) (Reply)

Policemen Involved In Fatal Road Accident After Participating In Osun Election / APC Primaries: Orji Kalu's Name Missing In Approved Register / Breaking: War In IMO APC As Thugs Burn Uche Nwosu Campaign Busses (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.