Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands (2291 Views)

What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? / The Battle Of The Phone Brands (come Check Yours) / 10 Phone Brands That Failed Instantly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 9:22am On Sep 25, 2018
Why do people actually spend so much money buying expensive phones?. How can i spend over 300k on an iPhone X or over 400k on an iPhone XS. Phone that if it falls the screen would break thereby losing it's value. Phone that can be stolen. Let's even forget screen break or theft, someone bought a brand new iPhone 8 256gb from a company, she now wants to swap with the newly released iPhone xs. What is paining me is that, the phone is still new, no scratches whatsoever as it has been in a protective case all its life and screen guard on the screen. Can you believe the same company she bought the iPhone 8 256gb over 260k valued the phone for 120k then she adds the difference to pickup the XS lol. The aunty weak no be small. She just carry her two legs waka. These things have no value. If I have 300k (spare cash not life saving), I would rather spend 100k on a phone then buy a gold chain of 200k or invest in a business or even get a small land, now that's wise. The problem is that some people who even use this luxury phones don't have anything in their accounts. That's why I respect the gaming world, Sony PlayStations and others are released at intervals of four years or thereabout, now that makes sense unlike phone brands that release phones once a year or twice a year. Let's tell ourselves the truth, once a new phone is released, you'll even see the company doing a side by side comparison with the predecessor brand and they will make sure they make the previous model look useless and worthless. To be sincere with you all, anytime I see any apple iPhone with touch pad(fingerprint) in front, it looks outdated. Very soon, when you see someone holding an iPhone XS with golden back, your iPhone X which can be recognised by its white back will seem worthless and old fashioned. And then they might release red colour iPhone XS and XS max(limited edition), which will make the same iPhone xs and xs max look outdated and old fashioned as the case may be. I've come up with the verdict that most people use this luxury brands just for show off especially here in Nigeria. The dollar is in no way helping. We are great victims. My people, let's invest and be wise. Phone is in no way an investment. We have cheaper brands here in Nigeria. I'm just trying to make common sense. C. Adedotun.B cc seun dragnet

8 Likes

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
Just see

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by franzis(m): 12:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
Funny how the total production cost of a single unit of the present iphones is slightly above 400 USD but is being sold at a ridiculous price of above 1000 USD

2 Likes

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2018
franzis:
Funny how the total production cost of a single unit of the present iphones is slightly above 400 USD but is being sold at a ridiculous price of above 1000 USD
well, every business aim is to maximize profit. In the US, if you are on minimum wage and have two jobs, you should be able to afford the iPhone XS in around 7-9 days of work. Nigerians are direct victims because of our ridiculous Dollar to Naira rate. Our bad economy. I remember when dollar was 160. I'm just trying to say Nigerians should support other brands made for our market. Imagine someone using an iPhone 7 plus(his net worth) that finds it easy to do basic things of life and has to be a burden to other people. Nigerians mentality should change. Let's support our own. We are among the poorest, we should invest more. Why should I buy a phone of 500,000 Naira when I don't have up to 10 million Naira in my account?. Let us invest so that our future can be secured. Phones lost value real quick, it's not worth the hype

6 Likes

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Anopheles: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2018
franzis:

You're only factoring hardware costs..

You skipped R & D, software, taxes/bills, logistics, marketing all of these running in billions of dollars. If you make a phone for $400 and you sell for $500, you no go make profit in this life and the afterlife...

Besides, Apple no dey force anybody to buy phone. You complain about price that affects you. Guess what? You're not their target market...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 26, 2018
Anopheles:

You're only factoring hardware costs..

You skipped R & D, software, taxes/bills, logistics, marketing all of these running in billions of dollars. If you make a phone for $400 and you sell for $500, you no go make profit in this life and the afterlife...

Besides, Apple no dey force anybody to buy phone. You complain about price that affects you. Guess what? You're not their target market...
if everything is calculated 1000$ is too much no matter the tax or whatever

apple the trillion dollar company. they got there by ripping millions of ppl off.so what do u think
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Anopheles: 9:05pm On Sep 26, 2018
kings1942:
if everything is calculated 1000$ is too much no matter the tax or whatever

apple the trillion dollar company. they got there by ripping millions of ppl off.so what do u think

They're not ripping people off..
Lamborghini is not ripping people off...
Benz is not ripping people off...
Rolex is not ripping people off...
Bang and Olufsen is not ripping people off...

You're just not their target market. QED.

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2018
Anopheles:

They're not ripping people off..
Lamborghini is not ripping people off...
Benz is not ripping people off...
Rolex is not ripping people off...
Bang and Olufsen is not ripping people off...

You're just not their target market. QED.
So who is their market target? The multi millionaires or billionaires I suppose ? Wat if I tell you most of these people don't use high tech phones. They just get their Vertu or Nokia and they are good to go. Some big footballers/musicians(alot of them). Still use their iPhone iPhone 6/7. These guys have the money but Wat do they need an iPhone x or XS that comes at a stupid ridiculous price? They are not trying to impress anyone that's why they stick to their iPhone 6/7. It's the "poor" people that always want to show off. See the picture below for examples

3 Likes

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 10:37pm On Sep 26, 2018
This is Modric of Real Madrid. A renowned footballer. A multi-millionaire still rocking his iPhone 5S

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 10:50pm On Sep 26, 2018
This is Femi Otedola. Using his old phones to make call, send message, see his alerts etc. He said he was forced to join(screenshot below). Imagine someone like him that pressure from his daughters made him get an iPhone 7plus, is he now the now that will be changing every year ? IPhone xs kor iPhone xy ni
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 10:51pm On Sep 26, 2018
Pic

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Anopheles: 11:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
adecamp:
So who is their market target? The multi millionaires or billionaires I suppose ? Wat if I tell you most of these people don't use high tech phones. They just get their Vertu or Nokia and they are good to go. Some big footballers/musicians(alot of them). Still use their iPhone iPhone 6/7. These guys have the money but Wat do they need an iPhone x or XS that comes at a stupid ridiculous price? They are not trying to impress anyone that's why they stick to their iPhone 6/7. It's the "poor" people that always want to show off. See the picture below for examples

Since when has a $1000 phone only been targeted towards a millionaire/billionaire? $1000 phone? Really?

IPhones are the best selling phones in the world which more than defines the word "commoner". Everybody uses one. Over 1billion IPhones are being used on earth. Does that scream rich to you?

Target market simply means they have a product that is premium and sold towards people that would spend more on form over function. Plus, their closed OS screams exclusivity. Is it your market? No. You are like most androids, nagging over price value and placing function over form. That is not Apple's business: making cheap phones for everybody. Mbanu.

Moreso, they aren't forcing anybody to buy. Remove headphone jack, they sell. Remove fingerprint, they sell, remove adapters and force you to buy fast chargers. Guess what? People queue outside to buy them. They're the best selling phone in the used market in Nigeria. Izzit for you? No. Then, wetin be your headache?

Lastly, you're wrong about rich people not using high tech phones or spending lavishly. That's the reason they are rich. Most times, they have 3 phones or more. A simple search will show Modric using another phone. Your darling Otedola was caught on camera last year with one. Stop feeling like you discovered something. Lol...

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 12:18am On Sep 27, 2018
Anopheles:

Since when has a $1000 phone only been targeted towards a millionaire/billionaire? $1000 phone? Really?

IPhones are the best selling phones in the world which more than defines the word "commoner". Everybody uses one. Over 1billion IPhones are being used on earth. Does that scream rich to you?

Target market simply means they have a product that is premium and sold towards people that would spend more on form over function. Plus, their closed OS screams exclusivity. Is it your market? No. You are like most androids, nagging over price value and placing function over form. That is not Apple's business: making cheap phones for everybody. Mbanu.

Moreso, they aren't forcing anybody to buy. Remove headphone jack, they sell. Remove fingerprint, they sell, remove adapters and force you to buy fast chargers. Guess what? People queue outside to buy them. They're the best selling phone in the used market in Nigeria. Izzit for you? No. Then, wetin be your headache?

Lastly, you're wrong about rich people not using high tech phones or spending lavishly. That's the reason they are rich. Most times, they have 3 phones or more. A simple search will show Modric using another phone. Your darling Otedola was caught on camera last year with one. Stop feeling like you discovered something. Lol...
Firstly as regards Otedola having an iPhone, I uploaded a picture circled in red where he made it clear that his daughters pressurized him into succumbing to use an iPhone which they probably gifted him, thank you. Secondly, you made mention of "target marget" and with what I can bring out from your statement, apple removed headphone jack, they still sold. Removed fingerprint, they still sold. Removed adapters and forced people to get faster chargers... Okay now, apart from the fact they are saving some few extra dollars(maximizing their profit yet again of course). Don't you think they are ridiculing the people who just want to show off that they use an iPhone? Why would I spend a thousand dollar or above on a phone and they don't include fast charger in the package? That's apple scheme for you. In maybe 3 years from now, they will include a fast charger or expandable memory space and you'll see apple fanboys jubilating and dancing(wow common, fast charging as well as expandable memory space has been on for quite a long time now). Let us wake up from our slumber my people. Let's invest our money in things that will help in the process of securing our future. Not iPhone XS that in a years time, with the release of a newer model, if not stolen, cracked(loosing it's value even more), will loose it's value by more than half it's original current value.

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Anopheles: 10:01am On Sep 27, 2018
adecamp:
Don't you think they are ridiculing the people who just want to show off that they use an iPhone? Why would I spend a thousand dollar or above on a phone and they don't include fast charger in the package? That's apple scheme for you. In maybe 3 years from now, they will include a fast charger or expandable memory space and you'll see apple fanboys jubilating and dancing(wow common, fast charging as well as expandable memory space has been on for quite a long time now). Let us wake up from our slumber my people. Let's invest our money in things that will help in the process of securing our future. Not iPhone XS that in a years time, with the release of a newer model, if not stolen, cracked(loosing it's value even more), will loose it's value by more than half it's original current value.

This is the summary of my point and you buttressed it yet again

You are not their target market.
You look at cheap phones, features and using the remaining change to "secure your future". That is not Apple's target market

Go for androids, especially the Xiaomi and Meizu flagships. Na there be your target market. No dey cause headache for people that want to spend their money how they want.

Izz like I'm speaking Swahili? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 10:32am On Sep 27, 2018
Renowned musician, business man .Multi millionaire in Naira. Iceprince with his iPhone 6 or 6S plus in 2018. See the dates

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Anopheles: 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2018
adecamp:
Renowned musician, business man .Multi millionaire in Naira. Iceprince with his iPhone 6 or 6S plus in 2018. See the dates

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7860813_screenshot20180926224337_jpegfa64a8d2acd896030f7b5b251c801947

This guy is using someone that drives a Bentley as an example

Oh Lawd... grin

4 Likes

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by OneGeek(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
OP, you've only expressed simple human sentiments, and things are not what you say they are with Apple.

There are *target markets* for the iPhone, regardless of the fact that it's a luxurious brand, and it's not exclusively for the rich (as you're expecting) but for those who definitely need it. Lemme give two cases for you to better understand the target market of the iPhone.

1. A particular blogger has humble beginnings, he started blogging when his mom gifted him a macbook for his birthday. After two years, he wants to start YouTube vlogging, and he needs a phone that he could use for streaming videos: given he's already in the Apple ecosystem by using a macbook, he is better off buying an iPhone XS, XR, or XS max, because it is a device that has the quality of camera he definitely needs, and has an OS that would perfectly complement his Macbook; all his contents are seamlessly synced across. Sure, he could buy cheaper android devices for his vlogging needs, but it's "penny wise, pound foolish" since he might have to sacrifice some certain features.

Notes on case 1: There are a lot of people in the world who blog (and/or vlog) using a macbook, and they would need an iPhone to compliment their macbook. A vlogger who is serious about things knows that he has to spend money on a good camera, and good cameras ain't cheap! MKBHD normally uses RED Cameras and boy, you need to see how much these cost. So, $1200 for a very good cameraphone is a pretty fair investment for a vlogger, however way you choose to look at it.

2. A particular guy has been using an iPhone since the 3GS. This is because his company gives its employees iPhones yearly. It's 2018, and he needs a new phone for his personal use and office work, and his company stopped giving iPhones to its employees since iPhone 7. He is better off buying an iPhone XS, XR or XS max, because it is easier to move his enormous office files and documents from his iPhone 7 to a newer iPhone. And then, he would benefit from the dual SIM solutions on the newer iPhone, and he could use a physical SIM at work and an eSIM for home.

From the two cases above, I hope you get an idea of who is a target market for Apple. I know things are a bit different in Nigeria, given how everything is with currency and all, but in reality, Nigeria ain't even a target country.

Then, there are talks on how much Apple is making from its new devices, and some people are saying hardware costs are low compared to pricing. Hardware costs are just a fraction of the total cost of a device, and when you look at the total cost in comparison to pricing, it is fair. Let's take a look at the hardware, for example, iPhone XS has an L-shaped battery array; this array has gone through series of laboratory testing (laboratory tests cost money) which, if they don't do these tests, there's the chance that their batteries would explode, and that would be a huge loss. Research and development, for this calibre of company, would cost substantially much, and even if they decide to "cut cost", they would lose money (case in point, Note 7)

In conclusion, OP, you don't have to buy the iPhone if you don't need it.

4 Likes

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
Anopheles:

This guy is using someone that drives a Bentley as an example

Oh Lawd... grin
Mr man, it's like you are not reading my posts. Remember I said the people who comfortably have the money don't fancy all this things? They use their smaller phones or let's for example :once they buy eg the iPhone 6, they use it for a long time. They don't follow the trend. They won't dump their iPhone 6 even if iPhone Xxxxxxx comes out. So far the iPhone 6 is serving it's purpose(who are they showing off(poor man mentality) to? Nobody exactly . Let me tell you something, do you know that most people in this part of the world who buy big luxury brands don't use them to their full potential?. Trust me, they buy this luxurious brand just for "show off" and the little "accolades" they will get from people around them
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 1:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
OneGeek:
OP, you've only expressed simple human sentiments, and things are not what you say they are with Apple.

There are *target markets* for the iPhone, regardless of the fact that it's a luxurious brand, and it's not exclusively for the rich (as you're expecting) but for those who definitely need it. Lemme give two cases for you to better understand the target market of the iPhone.

1. A particular blogger has humble beginnings, he started blogging when his mom gifted him a macbook for his birthday. After two years, he wants to start YouTube vlogging, and he needs a phone that he could use for streaming videos: given he's already in the Apple ecosystem by using a macbook, he is better off buying an iPhone XS, XR, or XS max, because it is a device that has the quality of camera he definitely needs, and has an OS that would perfectly complement his Macbook; all his contents are seamlessly synced across. Sure, he could buy cheaper android devices for his vlogging needs, but it's "penny wise, pound foolish" since he might have to sacrifice some certain features.

Notes on case 1: There are a lot of people in the world who blog (and/or vlog) using a macbook, and they would need an iPhone to compliment their macbook. A vlogger who is serious about things knows that he has to spend money on a good camera, and good cameras ain't cheap! MKBHD normally uses RED Cameras and boy, you need to see how much these cost. So, $1200 for a very good cameraphone is a pretty fair investment for a vlogger, however way you choose to look at it.

2. A particular guy has been using an iPhone since the 3GS. This is because his company gives its employees iPhones yearly. It's 2018, and he needs a new phone for his personal use and office work, and his company stopped giving iPhones to its employees since iPhone 7. He is better off buying an iPhone XS, XR or XS max, because it is easier to move his enormous office files and documents from his iPhone 7 to a newer iPhone. And then, he would benefit from the dual SIM solutions on the newer iPhone, and he could use a physical SIM at work and an eSIM for home.

From the two cases above, I hope you get an idea of who is a target market for Apple. I know things are a bit different in Nigeria, given how everything is with currency and all, but in reality, Nigeria ain't even a target country.

Then, there are talks on how much Apple is making from its new devices, and some people are saying hardware costs are low compared to pricing. Hardware costs are just a fraction of the total cost of a device, and when you look at the total cost in comparison to pricing, it is fair. Let's take a look at the hardware, for example, iPhone XS has an L-shaped battery array; this array has gone through series of laboratory testing (laboratory tests cost money) which, if they don't do these tests, there's the chance that their batteries would explode, and that would be a huge loss. Research and development, for this calibre of company, would cost substantially much, and even if they decide to "cut cost", they would lose money (case in point, Note 7)

In conclusion, OP, you don't have to buy the iPhone if you don't need it.
God bless you for this piece. Those examples of people you gave are the "target markets" case closed. I'm trying to say, slay queens, acclaimed big boys(with no land to their names) and the so called "wannabes" should focus more on their future and stop reckless spending on this luxurious brand of phones they don't actually need. Thank you
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
adecamp:
Mr man, it's like you are not reading my posts. Remember I said the people who comfortably have the money don't fancy all this things? They use their smaller phones or let's for example :once they buy eg the iPhone 6, they use it for a long time. They don't follow the trend. They won't dump their iPhone 6 even if iPhone Xxxxxxx comes out. So far the iPhone 6 is serving it's purpose(who are they showing off(poor man mentality) to? Nobody exactly . Let me tell you something, do you know that most people in this part of the world who buy big luxury brands don't use them to their full potential?. Trust me, they buy this luxurious brand just for "show off" and the little "accolades" they will get from people around them
u funny sha, and ur arguments funny too.

Bro it's simple. In life we all av priorities dat differs from each other. Wat u value and place emphasis on might be different from mine. Dat a rich man uses a small phone to suit his lifestyle doesn't mean he lives all his life without expensive things. Same richman might might av wine combination worth over 20million in his shelve. It all goes down to worth u value. I presently use Samsung S5 cos dat's what I can conveniently afford, it in no measure mean I don't fancy the Samsung S9. If a person feels having zero account balance and using iphoneX is best for him/her den it's best for the person. Products are actually made for a target market and not for everyone. Choose ur market and get wat meets ur needs and pocket.

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 27, 2018
adecamp:
God bless you for this piece. Those examples of people you gave are the "target markets" case closed. I'm trying to say, slay queens, acclaimed big boys(with no land to their names) and the so called "wannabes" should focus more on their future and stop reckless spending on this luxurious brand of phones they don't actually need. Thank you
no matter how u want to see it, not everyone will live till 90, not everyone will build a house, own a car and live that pleasant life u wish. What brings happiness to u differs from their own. If using an expensive fone to show off makes dem happy den it's their life.

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Anopheles: 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2018
OneGeek:

This is another big point: The Social Media Market

IOS is infinitely better than androids when it comes to social media. From the gram to the Snap, tweet and chat; their apps are vastly superior. You don edit video for iPhone as against an Android? The difference is night and day...

People know what they want and that's why they spend to get it and then enjoy it. That's a target market...
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by calddon(m): 7:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
I keep saying it, cos its the latest tech doesnt make it the best. To the pursuit of the latest mobile tech there is no end. Most mobile phone companies have lost count of various phone models under their brand, if you say i tell a lie please ask tecno lipsrsealed
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
franciskaine:
u funny sha, and ur arguments funny too.

Bro it's simple. In life we all av priorities dat differs from each other. Wat u value and place emphasis on might be different from mine. Dat a rich man uses a small phone to suit his lifestyle doesn't mean he lives all his life without expensive things. Same richman might might av wine combination worth over 20million in his shelve. It all goes down to worth u value. I presently use Samsung S5 cos dat's what I can conveniently afford, it in no measure mean I don't fancy the Samsung S9. If a person feels having zero account balance and using iphoneX is best for him/her den it's best for the person. Products are actually made for a target market and not for everyone. Choose ur market and get wat meets ur needs and pocket.
I'm not arguing with anybody sir. Like you said, your capacity is s5 and you use that. You bought your s5 and still have money left to "carry body" and do other things. It would have made no sense if you had used all you had, "starved yourself" to get an s9. There are people in this category and they are the ones I'm giving my little piece of advice(s), thank you.

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Rubiesangel: 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
calddon:
I keep saying it, cos its the latest tech doesnt make it the best. To the pursuit of the latest mobile tech there is no end. Most mobile phone companies have lost count of various phone models under their brand, if you say i tell a lie please ask tecno lipsrsealed
Tecno make phones to serve varying phone needs, there is a tecno phone to suit every budget.
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by solelymade: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2018
adecamp:
I'm not arguing with anybody sir. Like you said, your capacity is s5 and you use that. You bought your s5 and still have money left to "carry body" and do other things. It would have made no sense if you had used all you had, "starved yourself" to get an s9. There are people in this category and they are the ones I'm giving my little piece of advice(s), thank you.

I understand you but know that every man derive varying degree of satisfaction from various wants. Wonder why some people feel you are crazy, less intelligent because you love certain sports, culture,profession, TV shows etc. We are wired differently and man has been said repeatedly is a product of nature and nurture. Personally I use a Nokia Xl because I can't afford to spend my small savings on an upgrade. Not that I do not want to but I do not need to. I understand that and I am not feeling insecure or having sleepless night over that. I'm happy, I want to be happier.
However, numerous people will have sleepless night, become depressed, absent-minded, weak and socially insecure if they can't upgrade the Samsung S9 to S9plus just as it happens to us all in other areas of our desires. They need to meet those needs at that point otherwise they can become a danger to themselves and others. Every business understands these yearnings, so you can't blame them nor should you question the rationality of the patronage received and the patron. That's what brings them joy and fulfilment, they have a right to it and should not be made or portrayed to be less critical.
Also like someone explained above others upgrade to suit their business need, social media need easy sync of data across different devices but same platform.
To each his/her own, be happy.
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
solelymade:

I understand you but know that every man derive varying degree of satisfaction from various wants. Wonder why some people feel you are crazy, less intelligent because you love certain sports, culture,profession, TV shows etc. We are wired differently and man has been said repeatedly is a product of nature and nurture. Personally I use a Nokia Xl because I can't afford to spend my small savings on an upgrade. Not that I do not want to but I do not need to. I understand that and I am not feeling insecure or having sleepless night over that. I'm happy, I want to be happier.
However, numerous people will have sleepless night, depressed, become absent-minded, weak and socially insecure if they can't upgrade the Samsung S9 to S9plus just as it happens to us all in other areas of our desires. They need to meet those needs at that point otherwise they can become a danger to themselves and others. Every business understands these yearnings, so you can't blame them nor should you question the rationality of the patronage received and the patron. That's what brings them joy and fulfilment, they have a right to it and should not be made or portrayed to be less critical.
Also like someone explained above other upgrade to suit their business needs, social media needs easy sync of data across different devices but same platform.
To each his/her own, be happy.
Nice one. Too much to be derived from in this piece. Blessings

1 Like

Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by fibonacci2526: 8:10am On Sep 29, 2018
@OP am not a fan of Apple products etc but I don't feel those buying same are wasting their money. To buttress what others have been saying, our needs and wants are different and what gives me satisfaction might not give you one.

Some people would rather spend all their savings on expensive watches, collections etc, my brother if that is what makes them happy so be it. This life is short and unpredictable, do whatever you want to do with your money while you are alive. YOLO.
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by donshady(m): 1:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
We all have our choices. SO make your choice and leave others to their choice. Morever is it your Money Biko mind your business..
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by pannyman(m): 2:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
Sometimes, living a very frugal lifestyle can be very expensive.
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by Ejadike(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2018
Different strokes for different folks, bro. I'll rather rock my TECNO Spark2 device.. cool
Re: Scam Perpetuated By Luxurious Phone Brands by adecamp(m): 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
donshady:
We all have our choices. SO make your choice and leave others to their choice. Morever is it your Money Biko mind your business..
I'm just "sewing" my consign

(1) (2) (Reply)

Win A Dinner With Olamide In Itel Red Valentine / Does The Xiaomi Redmi Note 10/10 Pro Come With A Plastic Or Glass Back? / Nokia C3 Gprs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.