Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

How Does One Avoid The Nipost N500 Service Charge? - Technology Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / How Does One Avoid The Nipost N500 Service Charge? (5172 Views)

Learn How To Use New Ebay / offerup Account For Service Charge / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? / Order From Alibaba / 1688 / Taobao / Tmall ( NO SERVICE CHARGE ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does One Avoid The Nipost N500 Service Charge? by adanny01(m): 7:16am On May 13, 2019
Ayemileto:

Any Update?

No, they stiil charge same thing.
Re: How Does One Avoid The Nipost N500 Service Charge? by walexsho(m): 6:17am On Jan 12, 2020
adanny01:
We all know Nipost has increased the service charge from N200 to N500 for receiving international small packet.

This is discouraging especially for such items we order that are worth less than N1000.

I called the Nipost customer care to comfirm the legality of the charge, they did confirm its legal. That means one has to pay.

At the post office, i met a Reverend father who made a plea for donation of a Piano from US, it came quite alright, but Nipost put a handling charge 2 times the value of the Piano. As we discussed, the issue has been on for 2months as he has refused to receive the item sent to him for free.

Yes i agree handling charges should be charged but Nipost should find a standard way of charging not abitrarily like they do.

Secondly, i made a small order of 9 items collectively worth N5700, Nipost is expecting me to pay N4500 for all items even as one item is wort $1 but i have to pay N500 for it. They suggested next time i should ask the sender to just put the item in a ordinary envelop like a letter and they will not charge a kobo.

Who has experienced doing that especially with AliExpress?
Next time, buy everything from a single seller and shipped together into one package. If you ship it differently, you'll certainly pay #500 each package.
Re: How Does One Avoid The Nipost N500 Service Charge? by adanny01(m): 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2020
walexsho:

Next time, buy everything from a single seller and shipped together into one package. If you ship it differently, you'll certainly pay #500 each package.

What if one seller doesn't have all the items i want to buy?
Re: How Does One Avoid The Nipost N500 Service Charge? by Patternwithease(m): 6:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
I am to receive a tablet weighing 0.83kg and valued at 53 dollars. How much may I likely pay? Is it still the same 500 naira? Can anyone help with this? ��

(1) (2) (Reply)

Current Prices Of Electronics In Nigerian Markets / FREE Mtn 1gb And Etisalat 1gb Data Available Here!! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.