Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,588 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? (3920 Views)

Nigerians Are Really Making Us Proud! / Are People Really Making Good Profits From Forex Trading?share Your Stories: / Forex - Are People Really Making Steady Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by whitesoftx(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2006
All I know before was to cash money using Interswitch until late last year when I read one of my friend's blog (Tim Akimbo) where he used it to purchase sms credit on web2smspro.com, I tried it and it worked fine for me too, Kudos to Interswitch, I think what they need doing for now is take US international, shop online withing Nigeria and outside, you can even check acc ballance, print mininvoice and more from there site, and for the web2smspro, thumbs up for them too but still limited to like 5-6 countries, I think they need to work on this! so, what you guys suggest and how could we help grow our NAIJA!
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by Chxta(m): 7:17am On Jan 07, 2006
They are trying yes, but they still have a lot of work to do...
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:33am On Jan 08, 2006
is it before or after credit cards wipe them off.

they shoudlhave seen it coming, the credit cards will open up nigerian merchants to the outside world.. where Interswitch has a lot of processing problems
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by joftech(m): 12:35pm On Jan 18, 2006
The only thing that's holding back Internet penetration in Nigeria now is lack of online payment solutions.

I wish all these banks will be able to form a consortium that will come up with a worldwide acceptable solution before foreigners will come and grab this huge market. Then i won't pity them when they start crying over spilt milk.
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by chetus: 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2006
Interswitch i must say brought a system which they did not thoroughly organise before dishing out to Nigerians. As am writing this, the organization has not been able to sought out a wrong deduction made on my account since the 27th of Dec. 2005. Not even after writing twice through the bank from which this error occured.
I know many customers of this card system have this problem and all the money deducted are still locked in the coffers of Interswitch.
Pls. they should be mornitored and ensure people's money are wrongly kept outside there account as mine.
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by wande(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2006
I am still thinking of how my account balance got reduce from N14000 to on N1400. Eveb after visiting my bank. The only answer I heard was that I should go to ATM office.

Anyway they are still the best thing to happen to Nigeria in terms of point of terminal delivery. But they should be monitored very well, to prevent the bad Nigerians from spoiling their show.
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by kazey(m): 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2006
Interswitch is not making the difference for 2 main reasons.

1. Their gateways enrollment fee cost more than 1000USD which is way higher than any merchant account in the Universe.

2. They are not ready to help aspiring developers by making their API's readily available

Interswitch is a typical Nigerian mentality of e-commerce at work, and it does not help an aspiring web entrepreneur in any way.

The issue of possible security risks on the customer part is another great concern, the only reason why we are soo caught up with the idea is because it hasnt been widely deployed. The system is heavily flawed but because of obvious reasons I wont list them down here.
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 2:35pm On Jan 09, 2008
Their ATM service is making a difference, at least. The webpay service also seems to work well.
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by obua: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2008
Most of their problems are due to network availability.
I think that they can improve
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by niyyie(m): 8:16pm On May 01, 2008
Yeah, their ATM network makes a big difference and is and their webpay is a good for ecommerce in Nigeria but their entry fees for online merchants is simply too high!!!
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by viperman: 6:42pm On May 02, 2008
These guys are far better

www.etranzact.com

check them out.
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by neticash(m): 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2008
Re: Interswitch! Are They Really Making Difference In Nigeria? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2009
is this free advert or what?

(1) (Reply)

How To Solve The Problem Of Insufficient Salary/income / Nigerian Dump Truck Business From USA / U Can Make Money From Rice Biz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.