Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Fercious (chapter Twenty-one) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fercious (chapter Twenty-one) (303 Views)

Ferocious (chapter One) / The Green Vigilante : Origins. CHAPTER 7 *complete* / The Diary Of A Justified Player – Chapter One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fercious (chapter Twenty-one) by Chykwrites(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
"You've just got to admit it", Luke said as he walked and faced Samantha while they both strolled out of the hall. "Jurassic world is a modern day classic."

Samantha rolled her eyes and waved him off. "Oh please," she said. "The only thing I liked about that movie was Nick Robinson."

Luke stopped infront, spun and pursed his lips at her.

"What?" she smiled before she raised her left wrist and looked into her watch, and dropped her shoulders with a sigh. "It's getting late," she uttered as she dropped her hand and began moving past Luke. "We should go."

"Wha- Wait," she heard Luke say as she felt his grip on her right hand.

She spun to him with a scowl. "What are you doing?"

He immediately let go of her hand and then began moving his weight from one leg to the other. Samantha could tell that he was nervous as hell. "I-I'm sorry," he stuttered; raking his hands through his hair. "I just thought-um."

Samantha dropped her shoulders,crossed her arms on her chest and cocked her head. "You thought what?" Samantha asked coldly.

Luke looked up at her. His confidence had suddenly dissolved and his anxiety had betrayed him. Samantha always thought it was cute when he looked at her like that.

"I was hoping we could, you know, hang out a little more," he shrugged.

Samantha gave out an exasperated sigh as she threw her head back. She stared at the boy infront of her for a while. He suddenly feigned puppy eyes and pushed his lower lip forward, as he blinked very quickly.

"Don't make me punch you," Samantha hissed as she suddenly walked past him, towards the cafeteria at the corner.

Luke watched her as she walked past. "Where are you going?" he asked.

"You're buying me ice-cream," Samantha said as she kept moving without even looking back at him as he chuckled and jogged after her.

The two teens settled down in a booth opposite each other after they had ordered Ice cream for Samantha and a milkshake for Luke.

Samantha could feel Luke's gaze on her as she lifted tiny scoops of her Ice-cream to her mouth.

"You like it?"Luke asked.

She looked up at him incredulously. "I wouldn't be putting it in my mouth if I didn't," she said.

She glanced down at the milkshake infront of him. It was still full, which meant Luke had not even taken a sip.

"I like you Samantha." Those words hit her like a moving truck on high speed. She shot her wide eyes at the boy sitting in front of her. "Wha-What?" she stuttered.

"I like you,.......a lot", Luke uttered with a smirk.

Samantha involuntarily dropped her spoon into the Ice-scream cup. She could hear her heart beating out loud in her ears. For the first time ever since she had come to this town, she was uneasy. She was nervous.

"So?", Luke uttered as his green eyes bored into her.

Samantha looked up at him. "So?" She shrugged.

"Aren't you gonna say anything?" Luke uttered. The smirk on his face had disappeared.

"Jesus, this dude is serious."

Samantha raised her shoulder and opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out.

"What the hell does he want me to say?"

"Look," Luke shifted nervously in his chair. "I know it's a lot to take in."

"Yeah, no shit."

"....Bu-but, I just thought I should tell you," the boy stuttered.

Samantha swallowed hard. She dreaded moments like these. They made her sick.
She looked into Luke's green eyes, and for some reason, she had just realised how handsome he was. It wasn't weird enough that he looked like her favourite movie actor.

"Brenton Thwaits."

"Samantha," his voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

She looked up at him. He was staring at her. Expectant. Samantha felt her heart skip a beat as she opened her mouth to say something.

Suddenly, the ring tone of a phone cut her off. At that moment, Luke stiffened and pulled back.

"Saved by the bell or....Ring tone....or whatever".

He shuffled for his pocket and pulled out his phone, held it up to his gaze and what ever he saw made his shoulder drop with a sigh. He swiped the screen with his thumb and pressed the phone to right ear.

"Hey Courtney", Luke uttered as he glanced at Samantha with lazy eyes and a smirk. "What's up?"

Samantha returned a short and nervous smile before she shifted her attention back to the Ice cream infront of her.

"No"Luke said. "I haven't."

She took a scoop into her mouth before raising her gaze to Luke again.

"Are you serious?" Luke uttered in shock.

Samantha immediately noticed the seriousness on his features. The smile was gone. "Why didn't you guys tell me?", he said.

Samantha kept watching him. she could tell that whatever the conversation was between he and Courtney, it wasn't good news. "No I haven't," he said and then shot a look at Samantha. "...and I know Sam hasn't either."

Samantha's eyes widened and then she mouthed a "What's going on?" without a sound.

After a one minute silence, Luke finally spoke again. "Okay, but call me if you hear anything," he said. "Alright?"

"Cool," he uttered, before he dropped the phone from his ears.

Samantha watched Luke shake his head as he pushed back his phone into his pocket.

She couldn't resist the urge to ask. "Is everything okay?" she stared at him suspiciously.

Luke faced her and shrugged.

"Rick's -uhm-, Rick's missing," he replied.

Samantha's eyes widened.

"What?" she asked. "How? Since when?"

"Courtney said he had been missing since we were at the lake." Luke shrugged again. "He's mom said he never came back since then."

Samantha froze. She straightened up and faced Luke. The shock on her face was unmistakable. "Jesus Luke," she hissed. "That was like, ....four days ago."

"I know", Luke sighed. "I remember calling him since then, but nothing."

Samantha looked away and stared into space, obviously lost in her thoughts and Luke stared at her and couldn't deny the fact that he was surprised at how concerned she seemed to be. "Courtney said she thought he left with us," Luke added. "..but I told her he didn't."

Samantha looked back at him again. She then shook her head and licked her lips.

Luke was quiet for a while, before he shot his head up and looked at Samantha.

"I think we should get going," he said.

Samantha nodded slowly, confused on how she should feel. She didn't know whether she should be happy that Luke had forgotten his question or to be sad that Rick was missing. The teens both stood up and made thier way away from their seats.

"Oh god", Samantha said as she placed her hand on her chests. "I hope he's okay."

"Yeah," Luke sighed as he dug his hands into the pockets of his Jacket. "I hope so too."
Re: Fercious (chapter Twenty-one) by Ndahimo: 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
Good work. Keep it up.
Re: Fercious (chapter Twenty-one) by horlardipupo(m): 9:53am On Sep 26, 2018
Nice one bro, keep it coming..

(1) (Reply)

How I Developed Love For Stories / I Am Not A Misogynist, Not All Men Are By John Chizoba Vincent / Short Story Competition Accepting Submission In February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.