Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,013 members, 7,825,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her (2411 Views)

19 Year Old Man Marries Two Wives At A Time In Bauchi. / 45-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Celebrates As She Welcomes Twins After 13 Years / 81-year-old Man Remarries 70-year-old Wife, 32 Years After They Separated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by kennybabs1980: 8:33pm On Sep 25, 2018
Nike is my niece, she's very close to me. She is 27 year old. A very pretty lady, she works as an admin officer in one of the federal universities in the soutnwest. Her former fiancee relocated to Canada in 2016 and wrote to apologize to her that he cannot continue with the relationship since he wanted to go back to the university to be trained as a medical doctor. She didn't date any other person until recently. She met a Civil Engineer with FERMA during a conference in Abuja in March, 2018 and they started chatting. The guy had married once but his wife died in a car crash in 2014, they had no issue. She found the guy so interesting but she is not comfortable with the age difference between them. I didn't see any issue with their age difference if she can cope with the guy and they'll understand each other. Friends in the house, is anything wrong with an 18 year age difference between a husband and wife?
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by sisisioge: 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2018
No...is he cute? I am liking the older guy, younger girl relationships these days...so long as they are legit wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by donstan18: 8:45pm On Sep 25, 2018
Your niece should be bothered, not you.

4 Likes

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Alaadin(m): 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
So she's 27 the guy is 45 they are both single , let their ship sail na wink

1 Like

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by NoToPile: 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
I find it a bit amusing that you keep calling him a guy grin he's 3years short of 50 now.

Not all ladies can cope with the age difference but then he might be a good husband for your niece who knows. Maybe she's scared of him him 'daddying ' her.

1 Like

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by perfectcrown(f): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2018
Honestly,i dont see anything bad in it...

My hubby is 18years older than me... & we're happy together.

3 Likes

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Seahawk: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
They may not have any issues. Or they may.

But she’s 27 and he’s almost 50.

She should factor in sexual satisfaction because he will be going downhill while she’s reaching her sexual peak (women peak sexually around 40-45 years). He will be in his 60s then. People tend to overlook this important part of marriage until they are experiencing it.
I do like a guy who’s older than the wife but 10 years is my max. 18yrs is almost 20yrs older.

Otherwise any other issues they could have may be personality based and those aren’t age specific.

6 Likes

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by thorpido(m): 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
The most important thing to consider should be how they both flow together.If they can relate well,then age is just a number.
Some people do have reservations and will not date their uncle's age mate though.
Let your niece search inwards and decide. If she still feels not comfortable,let her date someone in her age group.
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by dollytino4real(f): 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
which one is pleasant! inside again
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 26, 2018
donstan18:

Obviously we know the niece == OP.
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 26, 2018
sisisioge:
No...is he cute? I am liking the older guy, younger girl relationships these days...so long as they are legit wink

perfectcrown:
Honestly,i dont see anything bad in it...

My hubby is 18years older than me... & we're happy together.

How do you women even sleep at Night? 18 years. If these was in the days of Methuselah where people live 1000 years, then Ok not now.
I'm still trying to factor how [18 years + happiness] altogether in one word to be honest, anyway Its not my happiness.
Lara & Oshomole things.
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by KanwuliaExtra: 1:41am On Sep 26, 2018
Ask Precious Chikwendu-Fani-Kayode! kiss
After 3 wives and FIVE DAUGHTERS! grin
Meet KHAL DROGO and KHALEESI of ASOKORO! wink

4 Likes

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by UjuJoan2: 2:33am On Sep 26, 2018
Is he rich? Money makes up for a lot of deficiencies. No need marrying an old man and then spend your golden years catering for him and his responsibilities.

6 Likes

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 26, 2018
she should know that his age or the age difference of 18-years between them cannot be changed. she either accepts it, or it's whatever. the decision is hers to make.
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Taal17: 3:17pm On Sep 26, 2018
Also consider that he may have chosen someone as young as her because he thinks she would be more fertile due to her age
She may want to find out
1. What was the reason for the lack of kids
2. If she is unable to have kids for a number of years will he stay?

I'm pretty sure if he had kids already he may no have chosen a gf that much younger than him.

If he lives to 60 she would be 42years...she may want to check out the lifestyles of 60 year olds
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
UjuJoan2:
Is he rich? Money makes up for a lot of deficiencies. No need marrying an old man and then spend your golden years catering for him and his responsibilities.
I read this like 5times! On point!

1 Like

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 26, 2018
sisisioge:

#smiles
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 26, 2018
It's a life decision she has to make herself. She's the one who will live with him if she decides to marry him.

The cogent questions are:

Does he love and respect her opinions?

Does she love him and is he someone she can respect

If they are simpatico then I'll say God bless their union.

There are age mates who get married and are ill suited for each other.

Let them date awhile before taking the plunge.

All the best to them.
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by sisisioge: 5:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ioannes:

#smiles

Hi you grin grin
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2018
sisisioge:

Hi you grin grin

Sup dear. Hope you're good.
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by sisisioge: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ioannes:

Sup dear. Hope you're good.

I bam o...hope you are too wink My runaway crush grin
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
sisisioge:

I bam o...hope you are too wink My runaway crush grin

Awwww...dont be like that. Always here for you. kiss
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by sisisioge: 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ioannes:

Awwww...dont be like that. Always here for you. kiss

grin grin grin grin

Get out of town...got my arms around another bobo already embarassed How many we go use for this life to be too serious? May God grant us peace ojare kiss
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 26, 2018
sisisioge:

grin grin grin grin

Get out of town...got my arms around another bobo already embarassed How many we go use for this life to be too serious? May God grant us peace ojare kiss

I trust you bebe. You too much. Omo to fine ju.

Tell that bobo if he doesn't treat you right I'm coming for his head o.

At least he won't mind if I send you kisses now kiss kiss kiss
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by sisisioge: 7:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
Ioannes:

I trust you bebe. You too much. Omo to fine ju.

Tell that bobo if he doesn't treat you right I'm coming for his head o.

At least he won't mind if I send you kisses now kiss kiss kiss

grin grin grin grin
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
donstan18:

As in i tire for nairalanders. Cant she say she is the one ?
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by duduade: 6:07am On Sep 27, 2018
cruchenutii:

How do you women even sleep at Night? 18 years. If these was in the days of Methuselah where people live 1000 years, then Ok not now.
I'm still trying to factor how [18 years + happiness] altogether in one word to be honest, anyway Its not my happiness.
Lara & Oshomole things.

Thank God you know it's not your business... Scratch that.. For how long has Lara and Baba Osho been together...

Badtbelle
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Katier00(f): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2018
The older the better. Older men are more tolerant, caring and understanding and when it comes to bedmatics give it to them. The only problem is that their level of insecurity, no be here.

3 Likes

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by thorpido(m): 5:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
Katier00:
The older the better. Older men are more tolerant, caring and understanding and when [b]it comes to bedmatics give it to them.[/b]The only problem is that their level of insecurity, no be here.
You sure@bolded?
With erectile dysfunction and declining strength?

1 Like

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by djon78(m): 6:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
thorpido:
You sure@bolded?

Story. When 70 year old men are still bearing children.
Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by Katier00(f): 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2018
thorpido:
You sure@bolded?
I don't think so, indomie generation suffer more from dysfunction

3 Likes

Re: A Pleasant 45 Year Old Man Proposed To Her by thorpido(m): 8:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
djon78:

Story. When 70 year old men are still bearing children.
It takes just 5mins of sex to make a fertile woman pregnant.Bearing children isn't enough a yardstick.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Settle With Your Spouse/partner After A Misunderstanding?? / How Do I / Why Can`t We Have Separate Rooms?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.