Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,522 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. (19335 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Shares Photos Of The Cars His Wife And Himself Use / Mark Zuckerberg Announces New WhatsApp Reactions / Mark Zuckerberg’s Properties, Cars, $400 Grey Shirts (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by TechCapon(m): 11:04pm On Sep 25, 2018
TechCapon

Instagram co-founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger has left everyone in shock following their sudden resignation from Facebook after having a tense relationship with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. They have been working under Facebook for thee past 6 years after Facebook aquired Instagram for a whopping $1 billion. According to a statement released by Kevin Systrom, it says

“Mike and I are grateful for the last eight years at Instagram and six years with the Facebook team. We’ve grown from 13 people to over a thousand with offices around the world, all while building products used and loved by a community of over one billion. We’re now ready for our next chapter”

They also said they were leaving to explore their curiosity and creativity again. According to insiders, tension has been building between Zuckerberg and the Instagram co-founders over the past few months and their relationship has grown cold. This is reportedly as a result of Zuckerberg’s plan to link Facebook and Instagram together thereby allowing Instagram users to share stuff on Facebook which violates the agreement they had with Mark Zuckerberg during the sale of Instagram. As if that was not enough, Zuckerberg also started pushing Facebook notifications inside Instagram and a Facebook button inside Instagram’s settings. Kevin was strongly against it.

Facebook and Instagram had an agreement which stated that Facebook would allow Instagram to operate independently but that had clearly not been the case. This clash also refresh our memories with a similar clash between Mark Zuckerberg and the founders of Whatsapp, Jan Koum and Brian Acton. Acton left a year ago and later tweeted “#deleteFacebook” following how the company handles users data and privacy.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/instagram-co-founders-dumps-facebook-following-conflicts-with-zuckerberg/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Ehiscotch(m): 11:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
Zuckerburg is turning social media into his own empire , where he reigns supreme.
His monopolistic style is killing healthy competition and innovation: if he can't buy you over, he steals your ideas and makes whatever made yours attractive, well, less attractive.

Big Ups to the Snapchat dude for not letting Mark completely take over.

In as much as I love Zuckerberg's personality I think he is overreaching, trying to over-achieve. He is trying to make others do what he never did: sell his creation.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by netbeans1(m): 2:30am On Sep 26, 2018
Ehiscotch:
Zuckerburg is turning social media into his own empire , where he reigns supreme.
His monopolistic style is killing healthy competition and innovation: if he can't buy you over, he steals your ideas and makes whatever made yours attractive, well, less attractive.

In as much as I love Zuckerberg's personality I think he is overreaching, trying to over-achieve. He is trying to make others do what he never did: sell his creation.

Nice one..
Same thing happened at Whatsapp too. Zuck is becoming too selfish angry

33 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by directonpc(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2018
Oga Zuck!

Extra
See what I am building here http://7rl.in/phome
You will probably like it.
Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by TechCapon(m): 7:25am On Sep 26, 2018
Ehiscotch:

don't forget he's the most powerful man in technology in the world right now, he can decide who wins an election in America by just writing a few lines of codes grin grin

62 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by SarcasticGenius(m): 7:35am On Sep 26, 2018
undecided

Systrom's story in inventing Instagram is inspirational, because he taught himself coding. He was actually trained as a marketer and he learned how to code at a late age in life.
As someone with a background in marketing, it's a bit disappointing that he can't see the financial potential of a merger between the Facebook and Instagram platforms. All the same I wish him luck in his future endeavours.

28 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by YhungPablo(m): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2018
I will be also be the greatest of all time one day ! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by MisterSols(m): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2018
Mark is Mean
Animal Ambition

4 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 26, 2018
Facebook used magical power on this guys 6 years ago and bought a whole Instagram for just $1 billion dollars in cash and stock now this guys realised they're pained.

Since Facebook bought Instagram is now useless, monetizing everything.

I spit on mark

I spit on Facebook

I spit on useless Nigeria government that's not helping us the tech gurus

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Badgers14: 7:37am On Sep 26, 2018
Zuckerberg needs a break. I think he needs a time off

2 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by anochuko01(m): 7:37am On Sep 26, 2018
Mrs njoku said, ''those seeking investors end up being glorified employees''

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by OlaSammie: 7:39am On Sep 26, 2018
TechCapon:
don't forget he's the most powerful man in technology in the world right now grin

Technology or social media?

I think Elon Musk is the badass for technology presently

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by damola1: 7:39am On Sep 26, 2018
8years after delivery? Dem don try
Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Bigajeff(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2018
The power of money

1 Like

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by KINGwax007(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2018
Ehiscotch:

That's called business.

Integrating Facebook and Instagram has been great itself. Infact, when u pay for ad on Facebook you can make it run on Instagram without haveing to go through the stress.

You can even link Twitter with Facebook where your tweets or retweet could always be posted as a status.

Their resignation is not going to be a problem. They'rejusy like kids who wants no changes to his toys.

Mark is a visionary and a business man, you can't make him rigid!

I'm sure those guys will think they're gonna be building a new app...

I trust mark, he'll copy everything and as u right no, make it even more attractive.

He's after YouTube already... It's just a matter of time!!!

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by miraclear: 7:43am On Sep 26, 2018
Many a Nigerian would not open this page all.Yet Facebook is making 3dollar on each one of them.Fellow Nigerian Think Local and act global.

7 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by kennynelcon(m): 7:44am On Sep 26, 2018
Zuckerberg can’t leave FB this young

If our visions don’t align use the door, that’s a good business tactics
Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Bloooody(m): 7:45am On Sep 26, 2018
TechCapon:
don't forget he's the most powerful man in technology in the world right now grin
Most powerful man in tech? Please research first before spitting out shit.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by ElRapido: 7:45am On Sep 26, 2018
TechCapon:
TechCapon

Instagram co-founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger has left everyone in shock following their sudden resignation from Facebook after having a tense relationship with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg. They have been working under Facebook for thee past 6 years after Facebook aquired Instagram for a whopping $1 billion. According to a statement released by Kevin Systrom, it says

“Mike and I are grateful for the last eight years at Instagram and six years with the Facebook team. We’ve grown from 13 people to over a thousand with offices around the world, all while building products used and loved by a community of over one billion. We’re now ready for our next chapter”

They also said they were leaving to explore their curiosity and creativity again. According to insiders, tension has been building between Zuckerberg and the Instagram co-founders over the past few months and their relationship has grown cold. This is reportedly as a result of Zuckerberg’s plan to link Facebook and Instagram together thereby allowing Instagram users to share stuff on Facebook which violates the agreement they had with Mark Zuckerberg during the sale of Instagram. As if that was not enough, Zuckerberg also started pushing Facebook notifications inside Instagram and a Facebook button inside Instagram’s settings. Kevin was strongly against it.

Facebook and Instagram had an agreement which stated that Facebook would allow Instagram to operate independently but that had clearly not been the case. This clash also refresh our memories with a similar clash between Mark Zuckerberg and the founders of Whatsapp, Jan Koum and Brian Acton. Acton left a year ago and later tweeted “#deleteFacebook” following how the company handles users data and privacy.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/instagram-co-founders-dumps-facebook-following-conflicts-with-zuckerberg/

check your mail.
Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Classictee89(m): 7:46am On Sep 26, 2018
Thier Issue.
Want to make some extra cash? Check my siggy
Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Sterope(f): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2018
It is called life and free market. We would do worse if we're in his shoes.

Ehiscotch:

3 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by jaxxy(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2018
Ehiscotch:

I think he’s trying to keep Facebook trendy and active. Most young people no longer visit Facebook as much since Instagram kicked off.

3 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by SarcasticGenius(m): 7:48am On Sep 26, 2018
miraclear:
Many a Nigerian would not open this page all.Yet Facebook is making 3dollar on each one of them.Fellow Nigerian Think Local and act global.

It's called Black man's mentality and its been going on for decades. A Nigerian will never set foot in a Cocoa farm but he will buy chocolate products made by foreign companies like Cadbury and Nestle which were made using that same cocoa which grows in abundance in his country.

22 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 26, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Facebook used magical power on this guys 6 years ago and bought a whole Instagram for just $1 billion dollars in cash and stock now this guys realised they're pained.

Since Facebook bought Instagram is now useless, monetizing everything.

I spit on mark

I spit on Facebook

I spit on useless Nigeria government that's not helping us the tech gurus
Monetizing everything pls what do u mean by that?

One more thing u said spit on Nigeria government for not making us tech gurus, Guy no be government fault is your university, pls don't involve government on this one. See programming language there go and learn and build your own app for Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Odobaone: 7:50am On Sep 26, 2018
Greed synonymous with wealth. If true den Mark is getting it wrong.

These guys will go all out to bring out new APP again. With collective ideas from FB, Insta, Twitter & WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by marvinsync(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2018
TechCapon:

not true
the man in amazon

1 Like

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 26, 2018
This mark zuckerberg is getting out of hands ooo
He acquired "tbh" app that's meant for hign school college.
I know he will shut it down

1 Like

Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by fnep2smooth(m): 7:55am On Sep 26, 2018
Wow..+Na+to+expect+new+innovation+again.+
Re: Instagram Co-founders Dumps Facebook Following Conflicts With Zuckerberg. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2018
anochuko01:
Mrs njoku said, ''those seeking investors end up being glorified employees''

Mark sought investors too.
There is a difference between Sb buying up your company and having investors in there.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Phone Cameras Deteriorate Over Time / Glo Gbam Xtra - 11k Per Sec To All Network / Outdated NIMC Facilities Stalling NIN-SIM Linkage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.