|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,797,095 members, 6,682,759 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 07:02 PM
|Lust Of Money by OlaideHabeeb(m): 8:46am On Sep 26, 2018|
Lust of money
An adage says “the love of money is the root of all evil”. Firstly, what was the first thing that rang in the head when you hear the word “lust of money”?. We all believe the word “Lust” is mostly used in the field or act of sex but it’s an all-round word that fits in the topic that’s about to be discussed “Lust of Money”. Youth is the building blocks of the World, because they are the future. But the youth of today is too much obsessed with money and social media. Lust can be described as a powerful or strong desire whether it’s a noun or verb not necessarily sexual because people lust for all sort of things for Instance: The youths of nowadays obsessed with money as they can go any miles to get the money e.g stealing, ritual, blackmailing etc. .While Money can also be described as A legally or social binding conceptual contract of entitlement to wealth, void of intrinsic value, payable for all debts and taxes and regulated in supply and it’s also an item of value between two parties used for the exchange of goods and services. So, the word “Lust of money” can be described as the powerful or strong crave/love for money that eventually leads to the paths of destruction. But there is a contrast that is people who loves money but money don’t love people. As we know everything has its own advantages and disadvantages so is the case with money. Money can help us get the benefit of the world from buying a Mercedes car to traveling first class. With money we can control the world as these days with money we can buy power and so on. But money only does good to us till we know its importance. People think that all sort of things in this life that can lead to evil things is money. The root system of lust of money runs deeper and wider through the soil of human heart than we tend think. Not the money itself, that is a source of all kinds of troubles and evils, however when money begins to control us that’s where the trouble starts.
1. Environment: Let’s take our society for an example, it’s now a common and more of a philosophy now in Nigeria that “ The poor has no life compare to the Rich” like what a musician sang in his song “If you no get money, hide your face” by Davido, these particular line has really caused a lot of damage to the mentality of we youths and citizen of our society or Nigeria entirely and it’s now a major problem and concern to people and its making people going extra mile to get this money.
2. Power: Power has been a factor that everybody wants to acquire in this world and they is an adage that says “Money brings power” in the cause of possessing this power and to feel fit in the society people tends to go hard and crave for the money in a more strong desire and this starts to bring the lust of money in an abnormal way.
3. Background: This is really a big significant aspect of the cause of the Lust of Money, there is an adage that says “charity begins at home”, this really says a lot cause most fault comes from the upbringing of a child, parents are meant to be cautioning their children right from their crawling age even to their adulthood cause no child would ever say he/ she doesn’t love having money but measures must be taken so as for them not to start thinking extremely big out of their family capacity cause all these leads to the going of extra mile to achieve that goal and aim and it can leads to destruction if it’s done through a dubious way that’s not meant to be so.
4. Peer Group/ Friends: An English adage says “ show me your friends and I know who you are”, Yoruba Elders also says “Birds of the same feather flocks together” these words really says a lot cos most are not that type of the greedy ones but immediately you start flocking or rolling with set of friends that are only money minded then you’ve started getting into the path of destruction, a Yoruba adage also says “Agutan ti o ba ba aja rin o di dandan ko je igbe” this means that “the friends you keep influence your life” and these really affects the life and cause more lust of money to most especially the youths.
5. Obsessed by Material and flashy things: This is really common among we the youths of nowadays, we are really obsessed by materials stuffs and flashy things that wants and makes us to feel among and we really have a strong desire to get things we know we cant acquire and this makes us to go extra mile to get it and we start craving for that money to come in a hard way that we even can’t work for it except we get it a dubious or false manner and the Yoruba people also said “ojukokoro ni ibeere ole” that is ,the act of greediness is the beginning of stealing.
1. Self-Destruction: This tends to happen when the money get control of one’s mind in an extreme manner, you start having ill thoughts of not making it through hard work and patience and you start seeing and believing you can make it through a hard way or shortcut and you start believing that no matter what it takes you have to get the money by all means and that’s where the destruction start and leads to where you won’t believe you find yourselves at the end.
2. Corruption: Corruption have been a vice versa of the world and its really taking a toll over everybody cause the greed for money has really affected the Govern body of the Nation and its also having effects on we the citizens. Lets take our Nation For an instance, the issue of money greed has really cause a lot of damages like money embezzlement, laundering, lack of infrastructure etc and its really making a lot of havoc to everybody which is not meant to be.
3. Crime: This can be described as a specific act committed in violation of the law or the practice or habit of committing crimes, these have been an everyday occurrence in the world because a lot of people tends to believe that you must have to break the law to achieve your aim and getting rich, this is really a bad thinking to have in the head because it really causes a lot of damage to the mentality of one and it causes a lot of damage just for the love for this money e.g stealing, fraud, selling of drug and a lot of hazardous contents like weed, codeine, cigarette, prostitution, blackmailing, ritual etc.
4. Lose of Responsibilities: These has really been a major concern about the youths, many tends to loose their responsibility just for the love of money and in the name of saying “Hustle”, this particular word is now a virus to the system of the Youth of this days, the word “Hustle” means Rush or Hurry which has been turn upside down in our society among the youth. A lot of youth have neglect their responsibilities like studying, working and helping at home just in the name of this hustle which is getting money and it’s a thing of concern this days in our society.
1. Patience: Patience is the key to everything and weapon to achieve ones goal in this world.
2. Never forget your background [where you come from]: This should always be the first thing that comes to your head every time that you are about to get influence by anything or anybody in a negative manner and always protect that.
3. Work Hard (legit works), face your studies and pray more.
4. Never be obsessed by the material things.
5. Always stay with the right people (friends, colleagues, family), believe in your God and always remember there is nothing in this world than Vanity.
6. Never be Intimidated by others look and lifestyle.
7. Self –control: Always learn to control your mind in a positive manner and not to be carried away by illicit sexual.
8. Be contended with what you have.
9. See yourself as an ambassador of your Family or Home.
10. Cut your clothes according to your lengths and believe everything is Gods time.
Thanks for reading and please do see yourself as an Ambassador of Your Home and Never be the Greedy One that leads His/Herself to destruction which I hope and believe you are NOT. Thanks for Reading (Gracias)
From: The Mighty TRIO
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78