Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,644 members, 7,955,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:23 PM

GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! (22253 Views)

Brand New Range Sport Fully Loaded 014 21.5m 08061311315 08028612026 / Tokunbo 2012 RANGE ROVER EVOQUE... / Tokunbo 2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Prestige 4-door,,Price: N11m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
Audi A7 Sportback Unveiled Ahead of Paris Auto this Autumn/Fall

Designed to compete against the likes of Porsche Panamera and Mercedes CLS, the A7 seems rather bland in comparison [No offence, AUDI lovers]. Gladly, the AUDI A7 is technically and mechanically superb as usual. 

Four V6 engines will be offered and Audi claims the V6 3.0T engines will deliver a 0-60 mph time of 5.6 seconds. Audi also said that the V6 engines will use an energy regeneration system and a start-stop setup to improve fuel economy. Two transmissions will be offered: a multitronic CVT transmission for front-drive models and 7-speed S tronic with AWD models.

For all you posh tuffs and technophiles [Fear not] the A7 has plenty of luxury inside as well as lots of high-tech goodies. These include standard and optional features like a WLAN hotspot, 1,300 watt Bang & Olufson audio system, a heads-up display and Audi’s new touchpad feature that lets the driver or passenger input Nav info by writing the letters with his or her hand.

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 4:39pm On Jul 27, 2010
bruv:

Audi A7 Sportback Unveiled Ahead of Paris Auto this Autumn/Fall

Designed to compete against the likes of Porsche Panamera and Mercedes CLS, the A7 seems rather bland in comparison [No offence, AUDI lovers]. Gladly, the AUDI A7 is technically and mechanically superb as usual. 

Four V6 engines will be offered and Audi claims the V6 3.0T engines will deliver a 0-60 mph time of 5.6 seconds. Audi also said that the V6 engines will use an energy regeneration system and a start-stop setup to improve fuel economy. Two transmissions will be offered: a multitronic CVT transmission for front-drive models and 7-speed S tronic with AWD models.

For all you posh tuffs and technophiles [Fear not] the A7 has plenty of luxury inside as well as lots of high-tech goodies. These include standard and optional features like a WLAN hotspot, 1,300 watt Bang & Olufson audio system, a heads-up display and Audi’s new touchpad feature that lets the driver or passenger input Nav info by writing the letters with his or her hand.

Hey Bruv

Another nice one you have there. In terms of the competition (In my view); The Audi can compete with the Mercedes Benz CLS, BUT not with the Porsche Panamera. Not with that weak V6 garbage engine OR the Fiat/Renault looking rear - the Porsche has a lot of substance to it (Im sure you know that) cheesy
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2010
@"Monsignor"Onwan [Peace Be With U]; SPOT ON, You're on the money Bruv! The Porsche Panamera is compact and exquisitely designed ride.
I can't place it BUT the Audi A7 Sportback seems to have an unfinished exterior. However, I like the tech stuff and intelligent engine. 

Personally, Audi should have considered the exterior to look more like the R8 - CUTTING EDGE AND "IN YOUR FACE-ISH"

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2010
Now that Audi coupe is an Audi you can walk with. I wonder why they cant get a luxury division named and have vehicles like the coupe above with its badge - that will create a new brand with the sturdiness and reliability of the Audi BUT without its commonness; just like trick Toyota is pulling with the Lexus or Honda with Legend
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
@"Monsignor"Onwan; VW Group owns cars like SEAT, Audi, Skoda, and already have a prestige range like Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley, and Bugatti and even sienna will agree that Audi can't compete with the likes of the aforementioned.
The market just ain't out there! Would you pay $150k for an AUDI?

BTW I reckon you'll like the MASERATI Quattroporte V8 [Another four door sport sedan]
Not sure about the back view, seems more like a Rover 75 BUT I would gladly live with that. LOL

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Bruv
That Audi R8 really is too fine and heavily built to have the regular Audi logo on it. Its actually in the same class as those Lambo, Aston, Ferrari and Porsche coupes (Seriously speaking). And your Maserati sedan is still no match for the Paramera - Its flat (No appeal).
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2010
@"Monsignor"Onwan; The R8 is stunning but like you say, it does suffer for its badge in comparison to the Lambo, Ferrari, et al.
You must be a "badge snub" like me [Seriously speaking LOL] Actually, I'm more concerned with the after-market value of a car and badges matter.

Maserati Quattroporte has a "marmite appeal" and I suppose it's designed for the folks that require understatement and that seems rather appealing to me just because of "the flat - quirky" design. However, while my teeth are still complete, the Porsche Paramera will do nicely – Thank you. LOL
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2010
bruv:

@"Monsignor"Onwan; The R8 is stunning but like you say, it does suffer for its badge in comparison to the Lambo, Ferrari, et al.
You must be a "badge snub" like me [Seriously speaking LOL] Actually, I'm more concerned with the after-market value of a car and badges matter.

Maserati Quattroporte has a "marmite appeal" and I suppose it's designed for the folks that require understatement and that seems rather appealing to me just because of "the flat - quirky" design. However, while my teeth are still complete, the Porsche Paramera will do nicely – Thank you. LOL

The Maserati is an okay vehicle and a very high class one at that BUT it just doesnt have[b] that thing[/b], of course apart from being one of the best; maybe for an 80 year old retired Mafia boss.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
@"Monsignor" Onwan; It doesn't have that "Je ne sais quoi" LOL

I'm sure you know all about the "Mafia boss type" since you're quite close to Sicily (I meant The Vatican actually LOL).
Hmm, more like 60 years old retiree though cos driving ain't allowed @ the age you mentioned. LOL
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 4:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
cheesy

You'll be suprised how easy those very expensive rides are to drive - power everything, seats like extremely comfortable and you practically move the vehicle almost just by thinking of moving it.

Have you seen the 2010 AMG G55?
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 4:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
@"Monsignor" Onwan; LOL when I'm 60 yrs old, I reckon that's the way to drive - Power everything through telepathic control !

Bruv the BENZ AMG G55 will most defo complete the collection with the Porsche Paramera tagging along. [I need some air, LOL grin]

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
@"Monsignor" Onwan; @ approx $120,000 a pop for the 2010 Benz AMG G55, I hope "one" doesn't break his vows @ the Vatican! LOL

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 5:17pm On Jul 28, 2010
@Bruv
The one I saw at Kandid Autos in Ikeja was about 29M. Actually no picture can do justice to that vehicle - you need to actually see it, and get inside to understand what that vehicle is all about; Its quality unlimited. Those chrome tips on the exhaust would ordinarily make you feel its just a $60 chrome tip fitting, from what I saw, it was all chrome underneath that vehicle on both sides as the exhaust pipes.

The interior was another story alltogether; the leather quality, the dash clocks, the gear knob, the entertainment - in fact the average cupholder at the back was basically for wine bottles. When the car started, the sound was as if there were 5 or 6 vehicles on at the same time - It was like a vehicle with the half the silencer cut off.

That vehicle is a very serious value for money - only its not as flashy as the Range Rover Sport, the Infinity FX or the Hummer H2 - BUT its as solid as it can get.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
@"Monsignor" Onwan; your description of the BENZ AMG G55 is so vivid that I can "virtually" smell the exquisite leather, cool

It’s detrimental to even mention the Range Rover, Infinity FX or Hummer alongside the BENZ AMG G55 because I reckon it’s in a class of its own and VfM (value for money) is not what it’s built for as money should be no object. You don’t bargain when buying such rides. It’s kinda insulting to its pedigree.

It takes a lot of courage to own/buy because you should not only be able to support your family AND village BUT your state and EVEN your geo-political zone. LOL

No doubt experiencing this ride in Ikeja has broken your Episcopal vows - Is the Vatican aware? LOL
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2010
bruv:

@"Monsignor" Onwan; your description of the BENZ AMG G55 is so vivid that I can "virtually" smell the exquisite leather, cool

It’s detrimental to even mention the Range Rover, Infinity FX or Hummer alongside the BENZ AMG G55 because I reckon it’s in a class of its own and VfM (value for money) is not what it’s built for as money should be no object. You don’t bargain when buying such rides. It’s kinda insulting to its pedigree.

It takes a lot of courage to own/buy because you should not only be able to support your family AND village BUT your state and EVEN your geo-political zone. LOL

No doubt experiencing this ride in Ikeja has broken your Episcopal vows - Is the Vatican aware? LOL

All that for a ride @120k ? It costs a budget, NOT a lot of money. In some quaters, its an average cost.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by sultaan(m): 8:43pm On Jul 28, 2010
Now I know why we can't trust you "open-eyed" Nigerians with keys to state treasury.
A simple person like me would have been OK with the 2011 Grand Cherokee, Explorer, or the Taurus SHO.

It like you have a thing for cars over $80k

I was looking t get a Pontiac G8 GXP last year, but the price and insurance cost coupled with my record made me think wise

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2010
sultaan:

Now I know why we can't trust you "open-eyed" Nigerians with keys to state treasury.
A simple person like me would have been OK with the 2011 Grand Cherokee, Explorer, or the Taurus SHO.

It like you have a thing for cars over $80k

I was looking t get a Pontiac G8 GXP last year, but the price and insurance cost coupled with my record made me think wise

cheesy cheesy
Sultaan, sorry about your price and insurance problems - Actually I have a thing for vehicles $100k upwards; Im sure you know my views about price and quality - they always go in the same direction.

I see your taste for regular vehicles with compromised quality and standards - The thing is that, someone like you will change your 2011 Cherokee by 2013, while in my case (IF I HAD ONE), I will still driving my 2011 Paramera OR Audi R8 by 2016 and still be turning heads very very seriously like I just bought it. Its called Value for Money

Taurus?, Explorer?  grin grin - Accept my sympathy Bre
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 12:59am On Jul 29, 2010
@Onwan; LOL I know the cost of the ride @$120K ain't diddly for Nigerians BUT my point is the baggage a BENZ AMG G55 brings. Can you imagine if your Religious leader, village head, extended family, DPO, neighbours, friends, foe, et al, know you own such a ride. The impact will cost you much more than $10m   

@Sultaan of ATL; I’d rather do a Condo instead of a ride @ $120k because I ain’t in 9jar @ the mo or as minted like "Chairman" Onwan. LOL
Anyway, Sultaan of ATL why you considering a Taurus or a Cherokee? 
Bruv those rides are worth less than half the value once the dealer cash your cheque or swipe your card before you even drive out of his LOT!!! 
Hmm, with your record (like you say), a SEGWAY’s the way! [Think wise] wink

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 11:13am On Jul 29, 2010
bruv:

@Onwan; LOL I know the cost of the ride @$120K ain't diddly for Nigerians BUT my point is the baggage a BENZ AMG G55 brings. Can you imagine if your Religious leader, village head, extended family, DPO, neighbours, friends, foe, et al, know you own such a ride. The impact will cost you much more than $10m   

@Sultaan of ATL; I’d rather do a Condo instead of a ride @ $120k because I ain’t in 9jar @ the mo or "Chairman" Onwan. LOL

Anyway, Sultaan of ATL why you considering a Taurus or a Cherokee?
Bruv those rides are worth less than half the value once the dealer cash your cheque or swipe your card before you even drive out of his LOT!!!
Hmm, with your record (like you say), a SEGWAY’s the way! [Think wise]

@Bruv

cheesy cheesy

Im not sure about the last time you were in Nigeria, BUT you sound like one of those my colleagues overseas that think Nigerians still live on trees. Matter of fact, IF you stand at an average mall like the Mega Plaza for 1 hour, the average cost of 100 vehicles you will see will be over $80k, let alone places like Lekki, extension, etc. Dont even get me started on Abuja!

Hope this doesnt break your heart BUT in naija - without those financing things - people buy brand new cars like wristwatches on the average in some quarters. And Im talking about young educated professional, and mostly those with foresight to stand on their own and consult in their various fields.

You might also want to know what the village heads drive these days (Thanks to dedicated state governors), also our DPOs ride in brand new 4x4 trucks for official and they know their duties are to protect the Nigerian citizens - Rich and Poor; of course the rich ones that are security conscious will be part of Community Development Associations that will partner with the Police in terms of security for where they live.

And for the foes, well, what do you think people license guns for? - once they overstep their boundries and try to rob you or look at you wrong, you either get them arrested or cook them IF they are within your property on a trespass mission (There is room for that now in our constitution).

Well, for the religious leaders part of your comment; I personally am dedicated to the Roman Catholic Church (till death), and everything in my home will be till death - these applies to my earnings as well - so donating vehicles like the G wagon, Hummer and other very reliable SUVs to the Reverend Fathers and the Church will be very helpfull because of the kind of terrain we have here, especially for remote places where they have to go to for Mass services and where cars like Kia and yaris will simply "hang" enroute.

I hope these clears some of your views on Nigeria and Nigerians - Im really proud of this country. cheesy
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 12:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Onwan; LOL
OMG I’ve strayed into dangerous terrain and utterly apologetic for “seemingly” sounding like one of your colleagues overseas that think Nigerians still live on trees even after having grown up and worked in Nigeria for decades! I reckon my joke went lopsided and won’t make it worse than it now appears!

My goodness, you’re rather touchy. Besides I’m more proud of Nigeria than you because I’ve actually served selflessly! “If I tell you how, I’ll have to kill you” You didn’t know that, did you? LOL BTW - For the records, I visit very very often and only just got back from 9jar 4 weeks ago and will visit twice more before this year ends!

Anyway, please let’s talk about those exquisite rides. Let’s move on and bury the hatched abeg no vex.   

2010 JAGUAR XJ 3.0d V6 Premium Luxury for your perusal grin

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2010
More pics: 2010 JAGUAR XJ 3.0d V6 Premium Luxury

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Bruv
That side view is flawless, especially the chome detail and the blending/wrap. The rear still makes you wonder if its a chinese or the real thing. I think apart from the rear design in the Paramera, the chrome across the lifter makes it very very appealing.

Im guessing this is a diesel engine right?

Its a very cool ride BUT still no match (cosmetic wise though) for the Paramera.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Onwan; Yep its a diesel! The Jag looks really cool and rather cat-like BUT the rear view - Yuck! What were they thinking! LOL
The Jag and Maserati seems to have a Rover 75 thing going on [Mayb its the Chinese influence in design] LOL

No doubt [like you say] the Paramera still cuts above the rest. CASE CLOSED - It's The BENZ AMG G55 and Porsche Paramera for me!
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Fhemmmy: 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2010
That Jaguar is a wicked machine.
Test drove it, and i respect, nigerian dont seems to like Jag the way they used to.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Fhemmmy: 2:39pm On Jul 29, 2010
bruv:

@Onwan; Yep its a diesel! The Jag looks really cool and rather cat-like BUT the rear view - Yuck! What were they thinking! LOL
The Jag and Maserati seems to have a Rover 75 thing going on [Mayb its the Chinese influence in design] LOL

No doubt [like you say] the Paramera still cuts above the rest. CASE CLOSED - It's The BENZ AMG G55 and Porsche Paramera for me!

Lol
I think the XF-R back aint that bad.

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
Even the inside is a beauty to behold with all toys for the bigger boys

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by bruv(m): 2:41pm On Jul 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

That Jaguar is a wicked machine.
Test drove it, and i respect, nigerian dont seems to like Jag the way they used to.

@Fhemmmy; The test drive must have been an exhilarating experience. I hear the auto gear system is from Mars!
I think Nigerians still like and appreciate the Jag. The issue might be there's not much reliable mech/tech-knowhow for upscale rides. Besides there are other alternatives one can choose from. [Plz don't quote me LOL]
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Fhemmmy: 2:42pm On Jul 29, 2010
More of the inside . . . .

Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Fhemmmy: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2010
bruv:

@Fhemmmy; The test drive must have been an exhilarating experience. I hear the auto gear system is from Mars!
I think Nigerians still like and appreciate the Jag. The issue might be there's not much reliable mech/tech-knowhow for upscale rides. Besides there are other alternatives one can choose from. [Plz don't quote me LOL]

Chief,

It was one experience i would never forget.
That has thought me never to take my woman for a test drive if i am not ready to buy same day . . . . . Cos that machine is a beauty of its own class
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2010
That XFR is lovely, the chrome detail across the lifter does it for me. Its a beauty. You can imagine that ride in black OR army green - gets the chrome pronounced. The interior is very solid for a sedan, its almost like a coupe - emphasis on the driver's comfort. Its a first class ride.

Good job Fhemmmy
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Fhemmmy: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2010
Onwan:

That XFR is lovely, the chrome detail across the lifter does it for me. Its a beauty. You can imagine that ride in black OR army green - gets the chrome pronounced. The interior is very solid for a sedan, its almost like a coupe - emphasis on the driver's comfort. Its a first class ride.

Good job Fhemmmy

My brother, you sure know good ride, i like and appreciate people of your class.
But to be real, i never felt like getting back inside my ride after test driving that machine.
Re: GLEAMING NEW RANGE ROVER EVOQUE UNVEILED !!! by Onwan: 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2010
Fhemmmy:

My brother, you sure know good ride, i like and appreciate people of your class.
But to be real, [color=#990000][b][color=#990000]i never felt like getting back inside my ride after test driving that machine
[/color].[/b][/color]

cheesy

I wonder why

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SOLD 2010 Tokunbo ZDX Fully Loaded / 2007 Model Lexus IS250 Toks Fully Loaded Upgraded To 2018 Model / Brand New Farm Bob Tractors Ranging From 80hp To 120hp.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.