Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

2019 Presidency: PDP May Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Presidency: PDP May Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases (234 Views)

PDP Presidential Aspirants With Their Provisional Clearance Certificates (Photos / 2019 Presidency: PDP To Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases - Daily Sun / 2019: PDP Presidential Aspirants With Corruption Allegations - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: PDP May Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases by raoo: 4:50pm On Sep 26, 2018
By Ndubuisi Orji, Abuja on 25/09/2018

There are indications that the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) would bar some of its presidential aspirants, who have graft cases from participating in the primary scheduled for October 5-6.

According to Daily Sun, some top shots in the PDP are strongly canvassing that anyone with graft case or any criminal charge should not be allowed to fly the PDP presidential flag in 2019.

A former member of the PDP National Working Committee (NWC), who declined to be named because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, reiterated the party is desirous of fielding a candidate without blemish in 2019.

“There are some of these aspirants who have cases with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, and other anti-corruption agencies.

We want a presidential candidate from the PDP that will be as white as snow, so that the issue of blackmail and all of that will not arise.

“So, we should be looking at someone who has credibility, integrity and the rest of that because the APC government is out to run down anybody that has skeleton in its cupboards. We must try to avoid those pitfalls.”

Similarly, another leader of the PDP in Adamawa State, who also declined to be named, told Daily Sun that it is in the interest of the opposition party not to field any candidate with any encumbrances in 2019.
When contacted for his reaction, the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan, said the party will not choose its candidate on the basis of whether or not they have graft cases.

Ologbondiyan also said no member can canvass for the opposition party to drop aspirants with corruption cases, and that the party would be guided by the provisions of the 1999 Constitution (as amended), as well as its rules in screening presidential aspirants.

•Excerpted from a Daily Sun report

Source News Express

Posted 25/09/2018 12:55:
Re: 2019 Presidency: PDP May Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases by phastaphosto: 5:03pm On Sep 26, 2018
I believe that there will be ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those who do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the system of exploitation,When you hear me say "by any means necessary," I mean exactly that. I believe in anything that is necessary to correct unjust conditions-political, economic, social, physical, anything that is necessary.For Saraki2019 i go dust my pvc

(1) (Reply)

Leah Sharibu’s Mother Sues FG And Demands N500m / 43-year-old Threatened Atiku To Withdraw From Presidential Race / Osun Rerun Election: PDP Agent Reportedly Missing In Ife Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.