Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Shattered (A Story Of Dreams, Love, And Betrayal. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shattered (A Story Of Dreams, Love, And Betrayal. (564 Views)

LOST IN UNIPORT (a Story Of Vengeance, Crime And Betrayal) ft chimexplosive / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shattered (A Story Of Dreams, Love, And Betrayal. by loryne: 5:28pm On Sep 26, 2018
PROLOGUE

Her breasts had begun to ripe, and the expanded features of her face revealed signs of puberty. She could then speak of hips as oversized Cinderella dresses fitted properly. The dreaded day had been around the corner. It was bound to come.

She woke up one misty morning and had gone about her usual chores. And although between her legs felt sticky, she had paid no attention to it.

"Kamsi, bia eba! what is that I see on your shorts?" Chidera, her older sister had questioned.

"...is it what I suspect?" She asked further whilst inspecting the stained area. A touch of excitement had accompanied her tone.

Kamsi on the other hand hadn't been excited as the early arrival of the dreaded visitor had cost a lot: coming home later than six o'clock from tale telling with Amara  had become an offense, she had been stopped from playing out with the boys from other flats, because according to Mother, she had become a lady and ladies were meant to keep a reasonable distance from boys, - a fallacy she would later come to know - and no man was to touch her, not even as much as a tap, otherwise she was to scream.

"...if any man touches you, shouuuuuttt." were her mothers exact words. And she wondered if her father was a part of the flock.

But Mother had failed to tell her that by man she hadn't just meant grown up men with full grown moustache. But that she meant every being with a bulge in between his thighs. Including fourteen year old boys like Obinna.

Obinna, the beautiful boy with alluring blue eyes, keen and pointy nose, slightly plump pink lips, sleek black hair that curled, and a skin just like butter, had just moved into one of the flats with his parents. The other kids in the neighborhood had referred to him as oyinbo. But their mothers hadn't quite agreed with the oyinbo tag. Obinna's parents were both dark. They had no pointy nose, no pink lips, and no curly hairs. So these mothers had concluded that Obinna's mother may have cheated. Yes! That just had to be it.

"...ehh, but if that's true. Why does Mr Kalu still put up with her?" Mama Nkechi had asked. A hint of confusion plastered across her face. They had gathered in her small provision shop, clustered about a plastic table that stood just outside the shop. 

"Kai Mama Nkechi! How many times have we said this? She's certainly using some juju. Biko, stop dragging us back." Mama Kamsi had chided.

" I strongly agree with you. And that juju must be a very strong one. Because Mr Kalu showers both herself and Obinna with so much love." Concurred Nwanyi abor.

"Yes o my sister. You needed to see the expensive hollandis he got her yesterday. And the lucky witch brought it to my house to show me." whispered Mama Kamsi

They all roared in sarcastic laughter.

"You can imagine. And we with legitimate children find it hard to get one thousand naira from our husbands." stated Lady Gertrude, the missionary who had come from England and had now become a full indigene of Enugu.

"Abi o. Not to talk of expensive hollandis. Maybe we should ask her for some of that juju. Or better still, she should take us to her dibia" responded Nwanyi Abor.

Another round of laughter ensued.

Mama Nkechi not being so convinced, decided to speak up again.

"What if he's adopted?"

They had all quieted and turned to her as they processed the new piece of information.

"Mba Mba. I don't think so." Mama Kamsi countered after much deliberation.

"Why? I mean...that's the only thing that seems plausible."

"Yes you might be right." said Nwanyi Abor thoughtfully

"But err...where would they get an Oyinbo pikins flom? Amelikah?"

"Or maybe Engrand" added Lady Gertrude.

They laughed at the last bit of jokes. And with that they had dispersed, each woman falling back to her own flat.

It was on one of these gossip days that Kamsi had left the house in hopes of joining the other kids for mango hunting despite her Mother's warnings, and instead had bumped into Obinna. And there their story had begun. A story of dreams, love, and betrayal.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Thanks for reading. Healthy criticisms are very much welcome. Chapter One will be updated by Wednesday.
Re: Shattered (A Story Of Dreams, Love, And Betrayal. by Wheezdohm(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Nice start..i believe the writer and the story have promising zeniths if the writer doesnt abandon it..anyways kudos...and more updates to keep this thread lively
B)
Re: Shattered (A Story Of Dreams, Love, And Betrayal. by loryne: 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
Wheezdohm:
Nice start..i believe the writer and the story have promising zeniths if the writer doesnt abandon it..anyways kudos...and more updates to keep this thread lively
B)

Thanks. I will endeavor to update each week.

(1) (Reply)

Boys Do Not Let The Street Define You / Content Ninjas Needed! Virtual & Long-term Role| ₦1000- ₦1700 Per 500 Words / Just Read Animal Farm By George Orwell- And Want To Discuss It!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.