Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,874 members, 7,956,300 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:27 AM

UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break (50903 Views)

UEFA Reveals The 10 Fastest Players In 2018/19 UCL Season / UEFA Reveals Champions League Team Of The Week / UEFA Reveals ” Ultimate Team Of The 21 Century” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by maasoap(m): 7:19am On Sep 27, 2018
ezewinted1:
make FIFA n UEFA go dey meet them for Mosque/house?
Most of them would rather blew themselves up fighting Jihad. At least they are known for something

Tell me how you're different from him. He's a well known clown on nairaland because, no matter the topic, he always posts the same trash. But you? You're worse because, you're a living hate.
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Evangkatsoulis: 7:20am On Sep 27, 2018
Nbote:

Stop dat yeye lie jare... They both started as midfielders and even up until now Messi plays from deep

Messi started his senior career as a wing forward.
Say what you know. Who did he bench among Xavi, marquez, deco?
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by kenex4ever(m): 7:23am On Sep 27, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Ronaldo started as a midfielder... Messi, a forward.
he started as a goal keeper

1 Like

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by emmyfemmy1(m): 7:30am On Sep 27, 2018
They are still the best, all time best...
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Okpoloeyes: 7:33am On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian, why can't fifa and uefa appreciate Muslim football players I hate this Christianity for been biased angry

Shut up! You're just a stupid attention seeker. Who told you that ibrahimovic is a christian. Seedorf? Pogba? Ozil? Drogba? and so many more. Football is a beautiful game. Leave religion out of it.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2018
Long distance goal messi even has more
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Tenn88: 7:40am On Sep 27, 2018
Jay95:

I wish people read and understand well before commenting, it would have solved alot of uneccessary questions
grin
Jay95:

I wish people read and understand well before commenting, it would have solved alot of uneccessary questions
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nbote(m): 7:40am On Sep 27, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

Oga stop making silly excuses and false assertions.. They both like to cut in from d wings even though Ronaldo has converted to a full time striker while Messi still likes to dictate play from midfield forward...
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Anduku: 8:07am On Sep 27, 2018
Are they not human? They can't be perfect
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by pcicero(m): 8:11am On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian, why can't fifa and uefa appreciate Muslim football players I hate this Christianity for been biased angry

And some people liked this shit?
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Adefemiaderoju1: 8:35am On Sep 27, 2018
What this two has achieved in football some players even dreaming of achieving 1pc of it, well I see Ronaldo breaking some but doubt Messi though.
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Hayyan22: 8:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Unlimited22:
Check your info. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has not won even one champions league medal.
My oga not neccessarily champions league, uefa oversees all the leagues taking place within european countries
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Unlimited22: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2018
Hayyan22:

My oga not neccessarily champions league, uefa oversees all the leagues taking place within european countries
Okay, but the years attached to Seedorf's awards are for Champions League wins. That's why the discrepancy arose.
Bless.
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Jayfixer: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2018
ClintGist:
The Union of European Football Associations, UEFA, has revealed nine records Barcelona ace, Lionel Messi and Juventus star, Cristiano Ronaldo have not yet broken in the history of Europe’s topflight competitions, (Champions League and Europe League).

1. Most appearances – Messi has 126, while Ronaldo has 158, but the record is being held by Porto goalkeeper, Iker Casillas (179).

2. Most final goals – Messi has scored only two final goals (in 2009 and 2011), while Ronaldo has four (one apiece in 2008 and 2014, and two in 2017) but is still three shy of the record shared by two Real Madrid legends, Alfredo Di Stéfano, Ferenc Puskás, who have both scored seven.

3. Oldest goalscorer – AC Milan legend, Paolo Maldini scored for his side’s defeat to Liverpool at the age of 36 in the 2005 Champions League final and also Roma legend, Francesco Totti scored at the age of 38 in his side’s Champions League group stage clash against CSKA Moskva in 2014.

4. Player with most success with different clubs – Clarence Seedorf (Ajax 1995, Real Madrid 1998, Milan 2003, 2007) and Zlatan Ibrahimovi? (Ajax, Juventus, Internazionale, Barcelona, Milan, Paris Saint-Germain) are both ahead of Messi and Ronaldo.

5. Fastest goal – Roy Makaay scored in 10.12 seconds for Bayern München against Real Madrid in 2007. Ronaldo’s earliest Champions League goal came in the fourth minute for Real Madrid against Juventus in 2013, while Messi’s fastest goal came in three minutes into Barcelona’s 7-0 win against Celtic in 2016.

6. Long-distance goal – Manchester United legend, Ryan Giggs has sixteen long-distance goals in the Champions League. Ronaldo has 13, while Messi has 14.

7. Goalscoring consistency – Bayern Munich forward, Gerd Müller has 0.97 goals per game ratio. Ronaldo has 0.76, while Messi has 0.82.

8. Fastest hat-tricks – Bafétimbi Gomis got his fastest hat-trick for Olympique Lyonnais against Dinamo Zagreb in 2011. Ronaldo scored his fastest hat-trick in 12 minutes for Real Madrid against Malmö in 2012, while Messi scored his fastest hat-trick in 22 minutes for Barcelona against Arsenal in 2010.

9. Most goals in a single European season – Colombia striker, Radamel Falcao scored 18 goals for Porto during the 2010/11 UEFA Europa League. Messi’s best year came in 2011/12 when he ended the European season with 14 goals, while Ronaldo set a European Cup/UEFA Champions League record with 17 in 2013/14.

https://www.clintgist.com/uefa-reveals-nine-historic-records-ronaldo-and-messi-are-yet-to-break/

Ronaldo - to drive past 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9...
...Messi - to follow the next available bus behind.
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by anonymous1759(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
You day mad
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Hayyan22: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2018
Unlimited22:

Okay, but the years attached to Seedorf's awards are for Champions League wins. That's why the discrepancy arose.
Bless.
Yes, u are right
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by amerlino(m): 10:16am On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
what is this one saying? do you think that uefa is as tribalistic as we stupid Nigerians? abeg park well
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Igxx(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2018
Not all records can b broken
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by SadMemories(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
COMING FROM A BLOODY JIHADIST
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Evangkatsoulis: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2018
Nbote:

Oga stop making silly excuses and false assertions.. They both like to cut in from d wings even though Ronaldo has converted to a full time striker while Messi still likes to dictate play from midfield forward...

Dude ronaldo was utilized as a right or left midfielder whose job was to provide crosses from the flanks just like giggs or figo.
Don't be stupid. Accept you do not understand football positions, if not you would not make this foolish statement above. Shebi for your mind luis figo for barca or ryan giggs na forward?
Ronaldo was voted into premier league all time 11 as a right midfield not a forward!
LEARN!!!

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by lexzyy(m): 11:37am On Sep 27, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

So ronaldo benched scholes, carrick or Anderson?
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Evangkatsoulis: 11:40am On Sep 27, 2018
lexzyy:
So ronaldo benched scholes, carrick or Anderson?

In 4-4-2, ronaldo was at the right, giggs left, scholes and carrick center. Anderson, park ki sung, fletcher weren't really first choice.
Incase you wan ask, Rooney was a supporting striker to tevez or saha.
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by lexzyy(m): 11:47am On Sep 27, 2018
Evangkatsoulis:

In 4-4-2, ronaldo was at the right, giggs left, scholes and carrick center. Anderson, park ki sung, fletcher weren't really first choice.
Incase you wan ask, Rooney was a supporting striker to tevez or saha.
Good, so explain to me ronaldo's position at real madrid and messi position when he started playing @ barca
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by naijalodge(m): 11:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Please Leave Ronaldo alone, show me the ones Modric has not broken...he’s your current best player
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Evangkatsoulis: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
lexzyy:
Good, so explain to me ronaldo's position at real madrid and messi position when he started playing @ barca

Someone mentioned that messi has a higher goal ratio in the UCL.
I countered that messi started his barca senior career as a forward and has played as a forward for the most of his career. On the other hand, ronaldo started as a right/left midfielder whose primary job was to cross not score!
So if you want to compare goal ratios, you start from when Ronaldo became a full wing forward.

During the time of Riijkaard, he employed a 4-3-3 and in 2006/2007 mostly a 3-4-3.
In this formation messi partnered with Ronaldinho and Eto'o at the front. Ronaldinho on the left and messi on the right. They had Thiago motta, marquez, xavi, deco and sometimes Iniesta at the midfield, never messi!
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Evangkatsoulis: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
lexzyy:
Good, so explain to me ronaldo's position at real madrid
Again, in his first season at madrid, they utilize a 4-2-3-1 formation which had Higuain or raul as the sole striker(rarely benzema), and Benzema, kaka and ronaldo as attaking midfielders, with Alonso and Guti/diarra as the 2 central midfielders. Although they sometimes used a 4-3-3.
From 2010 to 2013, Mourinho used a 4-2-3-1 formation, with benzema/higuain the sole striker, Ronaldo as a left or right attacking midfielder, Ozil the CAM and dimaria the right attacking midfielder sometimes switching with ronaldo to the left. Alonso and khedira were the 2 central midfielders.

Ancelotti on the other hand utilized a 4-3-3. Bale as Right wing forward, Ronaldo Left wing forward and Benzema the centre forward. In his 2nd season as coach, ancelotti utilized Ronaldo as a Centre forward pushing benzema to the flanks. In short, I don tire.
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by UgoManchester(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2018
Point Of Correction; Zlatan never had European Success with any of these clubs you mentioned except at Manchester United where he won Europa League

1 Like

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Llbhons: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
Sick brain
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
what is this one saying?

Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 27, 2018
GoTV:
shebi salah, mane, ozil,pogba etc na christians?....... Every thread u go,must u put religion? Fanatic!
Re: UEFA Reveals Nine Historic Records Ronaldo And Messi Are Yet To Break by ezewinted1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 15, 2018
maasoap:

Tell me how you're different from him. He's a well known clown on nairaland because, no matter the topic, he always posts the same trash. But you? You're worse because, you're a living hate.
yea, I hate religion that stands as a threat to humanity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ado Hadi Collapses, Dies During Match In Spain / Cristiano Ronaldo Sells Ballon D’or Trophy To Idan Ofer, Israel’s Richest Man / Aubameyang Scores For Arsenal, Celebrates With Black Panther Mask (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.