Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,579 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' (22842 Views)

Yoghurt Seller Shares Humble Beginning, Wows Many With Transformation (video) / Where Is Jumoke "The Bread Seller" / Ugochukwu Obi Elevated As Commander In US Navy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Bitterleafsoup: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Why have Developers monopolized the Gala business ? grin

Anyways.... good gesture
You need double flash....

Check your nose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by BrokenCock: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2018
I suggest this guy shd let justice prevail. Let him visit Abuja and look for Berekete family.
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by itiswellandwell: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2018
Hmm
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by SarakiBukola: 11:48am On Sep 27, 2018
EweduAfonja:
Ipod and Gala Hawking... just like Afonja women and dirty wrappers

Aba and Owerri are in Yorubaland.

Ode olori buruku

1 Like

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by NigerianBae: 11:49am On Sep 27, 2018
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Birdyclear: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Never will an Afonja man do this not in there generations to come ... They don finish shouting owo mi da upandown ?

1 Like

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by abrahym(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Anything on nairaland now is about tribalism
Its getting boring
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Jude49(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Inspiring story, please keep up with the good work
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by ComrArk: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Tank you lord!
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by papaejima1: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
We need to help this guy
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by EweduAfonja(f): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Ode olori buruku

hehehehe

Who cares if the whole flat poto is Ewedu-ish in nature...

it won't stop Dirty wrapper-ians from eating Oil soup
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by SarakiBukola: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
The same yours have monopolized the pedo biz kiss

Nnabugo, your brother that was caught today is an Aba Jew grin
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by EmekaMD(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Actually my friend who's American shared this story with me jus yesternight..
She was almost crying while she told the story

2 Likes

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Nice one bro,,,
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Sleekfingers: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2018
Edithfavourite:
Last month, Ibere Ugochukwu went viral for his very act of kindness that was witnessed by a resident of Lagos and shared online. Despite being a hustler on the streets of Lagos, Ibere decided to render help to some prisoners.

The prisoners were being transported in a Nigeria Prison Force van heading to Ikoyi Prison but were stuck in traffic. As usual, the prisoners stretched out their hands through the tiny holes by the sides of the van and the Gala seller's next action surprised everyone.

He took the Gala he was selling and began distributing to the prisoners for free. When the van began moving, he dropped his basket by the side of the road, grabbed a handful of Gala and ran after them to make sure everyone gets a share.

Recently, the Humans of New York, an online platform known for sharing inspiring posts, caught up with him and he shared his own story. He revealed that he was once a prisoner who was sent to prison by a wicked boss.

Read his touching story below

''A few years ago I worked as an apprentice in a cosmetics shop. I was supposed to receive a payment at the end of my term. But I was warned by the other employees that the owner would find a reason not to pay me. He’d always invent reasons to fire his boys right before their payment. So I made the decision to quit.

But when I told him, he dragged me to the police. He told them lies about me. He told them I’d stolen so much money. And they tortured me. They tied my hands and legs and they hung me from the ceiling. They beat me. I went deaf from all the slaps.

For ten days I was given no food. My fellow prisoners would share little bits of their meals when they were finished. But some days I saw nothing. Honestly I was about to die. And I started to pray to God. And on the tenth day, the guards decided that it would cause too much trouble to let me die. They told my employer:

After what we did to him, he must be innocent. Because he’d have confessed if he was guilty.
They released me into the world like a madman. And I’ve carried the memory ever since. I promised myself that if I ever found someone in a similar situation, I would help. So when I learned that prisoners pass down this road, I chose to hawk in this location. I waited until I finally saw the truck, and I pushed all my food through the bars. My fellow vendors couldn’t believe it.

They asked me who would pay me for the food. I told them: ‘I didn’t do it for any man. I did it because of what God did for me. Ibere hopes to enter the seminary one day. He’s selling food to save money for this goal, as well as to support his family back in the village. In the meantime he wants to open his own shop selling foodstuffs. Alongside the donations from inspired Nigerians who heard his story, $3000 was given to him from the HONY Patreon.”

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/gala-seller-who-gave-all-his-goods-to-prisoners-in-lagos-shares-touching-story/

Nigerian bloggers and fake news.. Useless set of people
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Bitterleafsoup: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Nnabugo, your brother that was caught today is an Aba Jew grin
You know how some sons will follow the wicked ones ways to try and belong to ruling class.
1 out of 1,000 is not a celebration Bro.
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Oyerinde16(m): 11:55am On Sep 27, 2018
EweduAfonja:

ipod and gala

aboki and Okada riding/mey-shoe

Afonja and Agboroo.

Useless kwantry.
The thunder that will fire u is still negotiating with Lucifer on how many lashes u will recieve, as it stands

1 Like

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by lacoach: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2018
Maybe God bless the work of your hands
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 27, 2018
his experience is dat is making him who he is yet to become..rosko says so...be good always.,
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 27, 2018
A little bit of kindness doesn't hurt anyone, when you leave this world, you might not actually be remembered by howmuch you were worth on earth but by howmany lives you impacted on

The world will be a better place with people like this, it begins with you.
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by ejembi28(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
[s]
EweduAfonja:

ipod and gala

aboki and Okada riding/mey-shoe

Afonja and Agboroo.

Useless kwantry.
[/s]

Go and borrow sense
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by donmalcolm21(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
Efforts should be. made to revisit the case of his torture and illegal detention.

The NGO didn't bother yo investigate more on that because they be come to accept such as a norma Nigeria practice
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
decco1878:
nollywood will copy this script...just wait and see
Very very uncreative set of producers.

1 Like

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by troublemakea(m): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
EmekaMD:
Actually my friend who's American shared this story with me jus yesternight..
She was almost crying while she told the story

if she cry...you cry or both of you cried what's our business

or why re you now telling us

if she shared it to you yesterday go chop am now or what's our problems with that?

1 Like

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by unohbethel(m): 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2018
excomarow:
[s]Touching story.

How I wish AIPOB have such great heart like Buhari, Nigeria would have been a great country
[/s]
trash

respect is reciprocal..

Python dance operation is showing love to the east

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by jidxin(m): 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2018
unohbethel:
Ibere Ugochukwu

Ok
Igbo amaka
what do u expect....who Re the gala sellers b4
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by IbrahimDamola: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2018
SarakiBukola:

Ode olori buruku

Odun werey pa! E pain am! grin

The whole world knows we yorubas are dirty people.

You remember the song we use to sing back in days as kids.

yoruba, yoruba .....dem dirty dirty. grin

grin grin
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by nonix22(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2018
I'm I the only tearing up a wee bit out of joy
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by SarakiBukola: 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

Odun werey pa! E pain am! grin

The whole world knows we yorubas are dirty people.

You remember the song we use to sing back in days as kids.

yoruba, yoruba .....dem dirty dirty. grin

grin grin

Eyah...that's why you are so desperate to be one, you create a moniker using a Yoruba name.

Try again....the truth hurt you to tears. I love making una cry grin

Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by tunary(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
Merimental:
dat is wat true Tithing is all about.
giving 4rm d little u hav to d real needy.
hope he actualises his priesthood dreams
exactly o, this one's blessing is not far away
Re: Ibere Ugochukwu, The Gala Seller: 'My Prison Experience' by TalkingBird: 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
I trust he will.

dingbang:
3000 dollars was given to him to fulfill his heart desires... i loved that part. i pray he uses the money wisely.

please read my signature, thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

80 Kano Pilots Now Teachers And Civil Servants / Ican 2014 May Diet Result Is Out...share Your Thoughts / Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.