Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere (42678 Views)

CEMENT TECHNOLOGY: Federal Roads Under Senator David Umahi’s Watch Will Last 50 / If APC Loses Ebonyi The PDP From The Following State Should Prepare To Lose- Joe / SE: We Can Make Ebonyi The Silicon Valley Of Nuclear Technology. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by donmalcolm21(m): 10:18am On Sep 27, 2018
flyca:

Are you daft or are you just trying?
This road is not news worthy! If it's a village road, then that gives the governor right to build it anyhow? No side parking pavements, no railings, no streetlights, no markings because it's a village road? You guys are just annoying! So why bring “a village road” to NL to celebrate?

Even if the governor wants let him build with his spit! It's his job as the governor. We cannot be celebrating road as achievement in 21st century. Get sense or get out! You and that Fawklicant!
If I go through your post right now I will see where you are celebrating Aregbesola modulated salary.

Keep quiet or drink sniper

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2018
bantudra:

ehnnn...i wouldnt fight nature....its too expensive.....

Might not be as expensive as you think , besides i feel it should have been factored into the original plan, but i do also think it's in the plan and will happen eventually. That Governor Is the real MVP..
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 10:20am On Sep 27, 2018
1miccza:

Might not be as expensive as you think , besides i feel it should have been factored into the original plan, but i think it's in the plan and will happen eventually. That Governor Is the real MVP..

you have to manage what you have and do the best possible out of it....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2018
bantudra:

you have to manage what you have and do the best possible out of it....

You are spot on there and if i might add and achieve the best with the little resources at your disposal..
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bantudra: 10:25am On Sep 27, 2018
1miccza:

You are spot on there and if i might add and achieve the best with the little resources at your disposal..

exactly....
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by zoedew: 10:36am On Sep 27, 2018
flyca:
Jos lukat the nonzenz! angry
So this is what we are supposed to be celebrating in Nigeria OP! This road is death trap!

Any road less than 50km is not worth celebrating!

Any road less than 200meters width, with no corridors, no side walks, no streetlights, no interchanges, no highway direction boards, no road markings, no pavements, no drainge is not news worthy!

OP, This is 21st century. Building a road is no innovation. The internet is a very broad network consisting of millions of users within and outside your narrow brain range. Please stop disgracing us!

Without equally qualitative drainage works the concrete roadworks will be displaced by water erosion eating at the sides!

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by flyca: 10:37am On Sep 27, 2018
donmalcolm21:
If I go through your post right now I will see where you are celebrating Aregbesola modulated salary.
Keep quiet or drink sniper

Wow! I hate ALL Nigerian politicans past and present. They are the reason Nigeria is still under developed 58 years after independence.

Now, go and die!
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2018
bantudra:

exactly....

We Engineers are seriously being under utilized in the country and these numerous memberships of non - helpful or performing bodies isn't helping issues too, brains are actually lying dormant...
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by RealTrump: 11:32am On Sep 27, 2018
laplace19:

The practice is to use a lower water-cement ratio making the concrete mix a little stiff(and not slippery) with higher compressive strength (minimum of 30N/m^2) achieved.

Funny tho, u didn't address his question. wink
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by rindetemi: 11:34am On Sep 27, 2018
Someone should tell him to tapered the side with either bitumen and also surface it bitumen else it will erode with within space of 1yr.. however, good job

Trump101:
Ebonyi state Governor, His Excellency, Engr. Dr. David Umahi, who has carved an exceptional niche for himself as an engineer by profession has successfully introduced what may be largely adjudged as the most DURABLE ROAD anywhere in Africa; called the CEMENT TECHNOLOGY ROAD construction.

This type of road built with cement, concrete and other materials is the very best in road construction, and its durability and warranty is meant to last as long as 50 to 60 years according to many renowned construction and engineering firms.

As you can see from the image, this type of road network with cement technology has been constructed across the 13 local govt of the state by Gov. Umahi's administration.

The roads are DURABLE, weather friendly, and highly qualitative.

Many state governors, including most of the governors of those reading and viewing the genius and signature road construction of Gov. Umahi in Ebonyi state can't boast of this type of quality roads in their state.

You don't need to doubt this or see it as propaganda, or blowing the whistle. Simply visit the new and very beautiful Ebonyi state and see things for yourself. Gov. Umahi don't do shit, he gives concrete RESULTS, and delivers on promises.

Can your Governor do this?

I doubt!

Argue with your PVC, if you even have one jare!

Akubaraoha Dike
Adu 1 of Adu Kingdom.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by RealTrump: 11:38am On Sep 27, 2018
mudiana:
this is why naira land is still relevant today because of pple like you. Intelligent comment... Hat off my head for you.

cheesy cheesy Dude used big grammar but his explanation was off point. The question was about surface finishing/curing but his answer was about strength of concrete.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by okenwaa(m): 11:42am On Sep 27, 2018
1miccza:

To the best of my knowledge, i know those soils in the east are liable to erosion , so i feel if there aren't any channels for water to flow off, it will eventually eat into the road but not to worry @okenwaa has cleared my doubts already..

Bro nothing will eat into the road....it'll be asphalted...

Don't u even know that the more it rains on it,the stronger it becomes....that's why you pour water on any German floor when laying the foundation of a house.

That of Nigercem has been like d@ for years and is still getting stronger as the years goes by.

I don't even know whether you're arguing about the soil in the east or the good road.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by HoluwarTohbar(f): 11:45am On Sep 27, 2018
KunAviero:
Yeah, President Buhari was talking with Dangote about building roads with concrete some years back. I wonder what happened to those talks.
All promises cancelled (APC). Keep wondering
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 11:46am On Sep 27, 2018
okenwaa:

Bro nothing will eat into the road....it'll be asphalted...

Don't u even know that the more it rains on it,the stronger it becomes....that's why you pour water on any German floor when laying the foundation of a house.

That of Nigercem has been like d@ for years and is still getting stronger as the years goes by.

I don't even know whether you're arguing about the soil in the east or the good road.

No one is arguing, i was only trying to point out why we might need drainages no matter how small and if you had read the quoted tweet, you'll realize where i said you cleared my doubts, that road there is what we call INNOVATION no leader has thought out of the box in Nigeria so far..

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Trump101: 11:50am On Sep 27, 2018
Very wise indeed.
marshalldgreat:
Wise governor
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Trump101: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2018
I can't agree less sir. Gov. Umahi is a genius. He has repositioned Ebonyi state and we owe him all the love, support and solidarity.
1miccza:

No one is arguing, i was only trying to point out why we might need drainages no matter how small and if you had read the quoted tweet, you'll realize where i said you cleared my doubts, that road there is what we call INNOVATION no leader has thought out of the box in Nigeria so far..
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by okenwaa(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2018
1miccza:

Aiit...sure.

But why we must need drainages ain't cus the road will spoil or smtin, just to avoid the road turning into a swimming pool during the rainy season. Apart 4rm d@,.,.nothing will happen to the road.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2018
Trump101:
I can't agree less sir. Gov. Umahi is a genius. He has repositioned Ebonyi state and we owe him all the love, support and solidarity.

Ethnicity, tribalism and partisanship aside, any leader who can think out of the box in our present day Nigeria will have my support. For Ebonyi that couldn't boast of anything to have such good roads and be beautified with the little that they have , he should be commended. I wish other Governors can be like him..
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by 1miccza: 12:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
okenwaa:

Aiit...sure.

But why we must need drainages ain't cus the road will spoil or smtin, just to avoid the road turning into a swimming pool during the rainy season. Apart 4rm d@,.,.nothing will happen to the road.

Remember water will always find it's course, that is one major saying that shows why erosions come to be...
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Alzirida(f): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
TimeMachine:

You dey mind them ?

But the technology is good, but the governor is supposed to do a better job. Drainage is needed, and all he needed was to replace butimen with cement and construct a nice road with gutter. But he bleeped up in attempt to show the 'thickness' of the cement to justify his inflated budget.

I love politicians, because they can lie, and steal without being jailed. I will like my kids to be politicians, but for me, my destiny is to have politicians in my pocket.

I visisted Ebonyi state few months ago.
The one OP showed here is outskirts of urban areas . i can see no house alongside.
The ones inside town has gutter/drainages.

What really impressed me was the thickness.
They did a nice job across all senatorial zones

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by lexy2014: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
Grupo:

Hahaha. Even me self no know wetin I read.
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by ayokellany: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
Fawklicant:

A simple Google search doesn't cost much. If you didn't see the video, then you are not up to date as far as Naija news is concerned. It was all over the news.

No be only google Na chrome n yahoo.
Nonsense !
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bluecircle470: 12:54pm On Sep 27, 2018
laplace19:

The practice is to use a lower water-cement ratio making the concrete mix a little stiff(and not slippery) with higher compressive strength (minimum of 30N/m^2) achieved.

People just dey like your comments but majority of them don’t know and understand what you wrote grin grin nice write up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Fawklicant: 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2018
ayokellany:

No be only google Na chrome n yahoo.
Nonsense !

OK. So this is your own way of eating the humble pie and at the same time saving face? Enjoy!
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by dochenaj: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2018
flyca:
Jos lukat the nonzenz! angry
So this is what we are supposed to be celebrating in Nigeria OP! This road is death trap!

Any road less than 50km is not worth celebrating!

Any road less than 200meters width, with no corridors, no side walks, no streetlights, no interchanges, no highway direction boards, no road markings, no pavements, no drainge is not news worthy!

OP, This is 21st century. Building a road is no innovation. The internet is a very broad network consisting of millions of users within and outside your narrow brain range. Please stop disgracing us!
Take a deep breath. I can see you are obviously upset by the post.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by dochenaj: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2018
Except the road project is uncompleted, I think it is risky to leave the edges of the road that sharp and high. The road should taper down on both sides.
While the thickness of the road is admirable, I am not an engineer so I wouldn't know how durable this alternative is to the regular coal tar.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Turantula(m): 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2018
since this man stopped ass-licking the Dulllard he's been performing and behaving better
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by dimanche4real(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
tigerclaws:
did they consider friction during the rain because cement seems to be more slippery than tarred road

modify

Thanks to those that made it clearer to me
cool

There will be a wearing course of Asphalt over the surface of the paved concrete.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by dimanche4real(m): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2018
dochenaj:
Except the road project is uncompleted, I think it is risky to leave the edges of the road that sharp and high. The road should taper down on both sides.
While the thickness of the road is admirable, I am not an engineer so I wouldn't know how durable this alternative is to the regular coal tar.

The picture shows an uncompleted section of the road.
When completed, the shoulder will be paved with concrete too before the final overlay of Asphalt.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by Edoziesmart(m): 2:38pm On Sep 27, 2018
Humbleiyke:

Oga please speak English that we can understand, we are not in physic class!
The man made me remembered my 200l back then when we borrowed a civil engineering course called "engineering surveying"

Good old days.
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by bbode1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
We also have the same road under construction by dangote in Kogi state. From Obanjana to kabba town.. Kogi state also can boost of this new tech construction
Re: Governor Umahi's Cement Technology Road In Ebonyi, The Most Durable Anywhere by uac35(f): 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2018
Is Edda not Eda
Naijazeus:
Saw the road in Eda and I was full of praises for the governor. The thickness of the road alone will keep your mouth wide open.

Thumps up for the governor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

History Of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) / Apostle Suleman Supports Peter Obi / Only Igbo Will Survive If Nigeria Breaks – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.