Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,316 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him (42901 Views)

Sabi’u Ibrahim Chamo Jailed For Facebook Post Against Governor Badaru / Governor Badaru Abubakar, Senators Escape Lynching In Jigawa / Buhari, Adewale Tinubu, Obaseki, Sani Bello, Badaru In Dubai (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by dre11(m): 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2022
By Mohammed Abubakar

Minister of Transportation, Hon Rotimi Amaechi, visited Jigawa State on Tuesday as part of his consultation for the 2023 presidency.

Amaechi, who joined the presidential race on Saturday, began a tour of the country on Monday.

He visited the Emirs of Kano, Bichi and Duara on Monday and stopped over at Government House, Dutse, Jigawa, on Tuesday.

The Minister, who led a large delegation of supporters including some former and serving members of the national assembly, chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC), had earlier visited the palace of the emir of Dutse, Dr. Nuhu Muhamnad Sanusi.

His meeting with Governor Muhamnad Badaru Abubakar was brief as the governor declined to commit himself to Amaechi’s presidential ambition.

The governor said he would rather wait for the collective decision of the Nigeria’s Governors’ Forum (NGF).

He however, lauded the transportation minister for making Dutse one of the stations of the Kano-Maradi rail project being embarked upon by the federal government.

The meeting lasted barely five minutes. But in an interview with reporters, Amaechi described it as productive and friendly.

“I have come to Dutse for two reasons. The first is to inform my friend, the governor, about the rail project, which is expected to pass through Dutse to Maradi and the second reason of course, political activities have commenced, and being here I used the opportunity to inform my friend of my desire to contest the presidency of Nigeria.”

However, at the palace of the emir of Dutse, the minister stressed the need of Jigawa state to vote for him during the primaries and general elections.

The monarch, who said he has had a long relationship with the minister, described him as an honest, de-tribalised Nigerian, a man of conviction.

The emir said Amaechi made so many enemies in his political career, especially when he served as the Director-General of Buhari Campaign organisation for 2015 and 2019.

“In this country, we are concerned with other issues such as tribal and religion. But Amaechi is a true Nigerian. Amaechi, during his reign as governor accommodated people, especially the Hausa people living in Port- Harcourt.

“He built built a place of worship for the Hausa people, even though I learnt the place of worship has been demolished.”

“Amaechi is bridge builder and a man that has Nigeria at heart at all times; I am optimistic that he has all it takes to become next president of Nigeria.”

The emir then prayed Allah to guide and protect the minister as he volunteer to serve the nation in higher capacity.

In his entourage were Chairman Senate Committee on Army Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume, and Rep. Suleiman Goro, representing Fagge Federal Constituency in Kano , a former chairmanship aspirant of the APC, Comrade Mustapha Salihu, amongst others.

Ndume said, they chose to support Amaechi’s aspiration because he is tested and trusted.

https://dailytrust.com/2023-how-governor-who-hosted-amaechi-avoided-endorsing-him

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Penguin2: 7:42pm On Apr 12, 2022
Tell me one governor who has endorsed any presidential candidate…

When you realize that no governor has endorsed anyone, you will realize the stupidity behind this post in trying to paint the Amaechi candidacy as unpopular.

Junk journalism meant for half brains.

Fools!

354 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by helinues: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
Toh

grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by PrinceOfLagos: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2022
Same way El Rufai refused to endorse Tinubu

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Unzerious: 7:46pm On Apr 12, 2022
Funny how Desperate Amaechi could get, Lets wait and see.
#Meffy2023

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by tinsel: 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2022
Penguin2:

When you realize that no governor has endorsed anyone, you will realize the stupidity behind this post in trying to paint the Amaechi candidacy as unpopular.

Fools!
Ganduje, Sanwolu, Governor of Borno and that of Niger have all endorsed Tinubi

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Penguin2: 7:56pm On Apr 12, 2022
tinsel:

Ganduje, Sanwolu, Governor of Borno and that of Niger have all endorsed Tinubi

A link to the their endorsement report?

And when I asked for governors, Sanwolu was exempt. You don’t expect a drug addict buffoon tied to Tinubu apron to do otherwise.

96 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by mighty2: 7:59pm On Apr 12, 2022
Amaeshit can only rule his state, he can never be president come 2023
ON TINUBU MANDATE I STAND

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Afamsi: 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2022
Rotimi Amaechi cannot get more than 2000 votes should he represent apc in the general election

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by tinsel: 8:04pm On Apr 12, 2022
Penguin2:

And when I asked for governors, Sanwolu was exempt. You don’t expect a drug addict buffoon tied to Tinubu apron to do otherwise.
https://punchng.com/northerners-have-no-option-but-to-support-tinubu-says-ganduje/
You want for the other governor's also?

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by poiZon: 8:05pm On Apr 12, 2022
Penguin2:

Fools!
They r giving tinuboo sumal hope

nd also keep the dispensing machine active.

U know if they tell him the truth, those donations will cease..

I pray make my village head dog die, make tinubu come console am.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Penguin2: 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2022
tinsel:

https://punchng.com/northerners-have-no-option-but-to-support-tinubu-says-ganduje/
You want for the other governor's also?

And support for Tinubu translates to endorsement?

Even if…

So you are happy a known thief is supporting your candidate. Shouldn’t that be dent instead?

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Afamsi: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
mighty2:
Amaeshit can only rule his state, he can never be president come 2023
ON TINUBU MANDATE I STAND
Both Tinubu and Amaechi are clowns that can only rule Nigeria in their dreams. If you like stand on Tinubu manhood

627 Likes 141 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by tinsel: 8:09pm On Apr 12, 2022
Penguin2:

https://dailytrust.com/niger-gov-endorses-tinubus-presidential-ambition

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by tinsel: 8:11pm On Apr 12, 2022
[quote author=Penguin2 post=111889308]

Even if…

So you are happy a known thief is supporting your candidate. Shouldn’t that be dent instead?[/quote
What else is endorsement ?Nawaa.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by tinsel: 8:15pm On Apr 12, 2022

Even if…

So you are happy a known thief is supporting your candidate. Shouldn’t that be dent instead?[/quote
]https://www.thecable.ng/we-owe-him-kashim-shettima-backs-tinubus-presidential-bid/amp
Do you want more?

14 Likes

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 12, 2022
Penguin2:

They all did openly. Google is your friend. Stop exposing your ignorance. Those 4 Governors were very clear.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by tinsel: 8:17pm On Apr 12, 2022

Even if…

]https://www.thecable.ng/we-owe-him-kashim-shettima-backs-tinubus-presidential-bid/amp
Do you want more?
When the God father endorses, the godson( the governor has already endorsed).

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by seunmsg(m): 8:18pm On Apr 12, 2022
Penguin2:

Fools!

Ganduje, Sanwoolu, Masari, Sani Bello, Oyetola, AbdulRahman, Zulum etc have all endorsed Tinubu.

422 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by joe54: 8:30pm On Apr 12, 2022
Seun licking the Druggies ass From time immemorial.
Tinubu will never be president.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by ignis: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
Amaechi is just wasting his time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Promoter2: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2022
His choice
Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Authoreety: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Lol
Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by chinavs9ja(m): 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Politics
Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by ATEAMS: 8:35pm On Apr 12, 2022
Gossip
Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by supereagle(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
APC consensus candidate. Argue with your 50MB free data. The person below me still believes in better Nigeria. The country has been battered beyond fixing it. Even if you want to fix it, some forces benefitting from the rot will work against you. Nigeria cannot get better without restructuring.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
A better Nigeria all around is all we want

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Passionate888: 8:37pm On Apr 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by Gullaldo(m): 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2022
He can't forgo his loyalty to amaechi
Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by stano2(m): 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2022
Asslicker
Re: Governor Muhamnad Badaru Who Hosted Amaechi Avoided Endorsing Him by IME1: 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2022
AWO & AKINTOLA (1962 - 60 YEARS AGO)
TINUBU & OSINBAJO (2022 - 60 YEARS AFTER)

JIMO'S HEAD #PENDULUMING

An acclaimed visionary leader, tested and trusted by his people. He had built several people into positions of influence. Has a protegee that he brought to lime light.

The protegee, a teacher, a pastor and a seasoned lawyer. The lawyer protegee had helped the leader in the administration of his tenure. A very capable hand indeed. Also a great orator.

When the leader had an opportunity, he put forward his protegee for the 2nd most important position in his land. The lawyer protegee took up the position.

Politics happened. The leader wants a position, the protegee also wants the position. The leader has one ideology, the protegee has a different ideology. Foot soldiers on both sides egging the leader and his protegee on. Discrediting one another. Forgetting that they are brothers from the same zone. One with federal might, the other, with grassroots support. Both sides being played by external factors.

"After all i have done for my protegee, he ought to accord me respect and listen to me", the leader thought to himself in his private moments.

"I have been loyal enough, and i deserve to retain this exalted position for myself", the lawyer protegee soliloquised.

The die is cast. A crack is created.

With the unrelenting supporters of both men, the crack became a schism. With the latching in of people of other ethnicities, the schism became a chasm. Yoruba land becomes the epicenter of a political war between 2 brothers that were once confidants.

No, i write not about those you think. I write about the great leader, Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo; and his protege - the teacher, the pastor, and a cerebral lawyer, Ladoke Samuel Akintola.

These issues happened exactly sixty years ago in 1962.

That fight, ended the glorious years of yoruba people being the ones ahead of other ethnicities.

In contemporary Nigeria, the golden years of the yoruba people was between 1952 and 1959. The years Awolowo was premier of western Nigeria.

Those Were the years of our firsts - First Television station, Rediffusion, First Modern Secretariat, First Housing Estate- Bodija Housing Estate established in 1958, First Stadium- Liberty Stadium, First Dual Carriage Road- Queen Elizabeth-Secretariat Road, First Teaching Hospital (UCH) etc

By the time the brouhaha settled in 1966, Akintola's daughter had been killed. Awolowo sent to jail. Many houses burnt, and a coup that took the life of Ladoke Akintola.

The visionary leader never got there till he died. The Cerebral protegee died trying not to leave there.

We lost our regional leadership and even lost the regional governance. All because a visionary leader and a brilliant protegee didn't sit to reconcile themselves.

The ideological difference? Awolowo wanted an alliance with the igbos, Akintola wanted an alliance with the hausa fulanis.

Both sought alliance with others, but couldn't achieve an alliance between their own selves.

Sixty years later, Another visionary leader, another cerebral protegee who is a teacher, pastor and lawyer. A leader with the strength of the grassroots, a protege with the strength of the Federal government. Foot soldiers on both sides egging both on, in derisive manners.

Would the Southwest lose out again?

May afflictions not rise a 2nd time.
In line with the music of Hubert Ogunde that he released 60years ago and was banned, i repeat,.....

YORUBA ROO'NU O.. Reflect, O ye of Yoruba Ancestry.
Hmmmm, ọọrọ l'ẹyẹ n gbọ oooo,
ọọrọ l'ẹyẹ n gbọ oo,
ẹyẹ o deede ba loo'le ooo
ọọrọ l'ẹyẹ n gbọ o

Copied

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Patience Jonathan’s Mother Dies In Car Crash / Lagos Airport Suicide Bomber In Picture / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.