Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun (2066 Views)

INEC Bars Journalists From Covering Collation Of Adamawa Governorship Rerun Resu / Lagos APC Primary: Journalists Barred From Covering Ambode In Epe / Atiku In Asaba: DSS Bars Journalists From Covering His Arrival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by eyeview: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2018
The senior correspondents at AIT and other TV stations deployed to cover the guber rerun elections going on in osun had just called into their various studios to state that they have all been chased away from the poling units by the police despite presenting their accreditation tags, vests, caps etc. They stated that they were told by police that they have no business at the polling units and that they should go wait at the collation centres.
And at each polling unit, there are reported to be about 400 to 500 uniformed security personnel, ranging from the police to the NSCDC to the army!
Please, let's rebroadcast this to the world so that they will see how the APC is destroying our democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by bedspread: 8:37am On Sep 27, 2018
eyeview:
The senior correspondents at AIT and other TV stations deployed to cover the guber rerun elections going on in osun had just called into their various studios to state that they have all been chased away from the poling units by the police despite presenting their accreditation tags, vests, caps etc. They stated that they were told by police that they have no business at the polling units and that they should go wait at the collation centres.
And at each polling unit, there are reported to be about 400 to 500 uniformed security personnel, ranging from the police to the NSCDC to the army!
Please, let's rebroadcast this to the world so that they will see how the APC is destroying our democracy
IF THIS HAPPENED,
IT IS FINISHED!!
MILITARY TO TAKE OVER

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 27, 2018
Let’s stop fooling ourselves on elections that mean nothing

If APC want to run a dictatorship in Nigeria they should suspend the constitution immediately let us invest all this election money on building roads

The elections don’t mean much

Police chasing away journalist shows they are trying to rig the process

Police and INEC want to rig for APC

5 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 27, 2018
bedspread:
IF THIS HAPPENED,
IT IS FINISHED!!
MILITARY TO TAKE OVER

Let Military overthrow this APC government

The elections don’t mean anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by chris20000: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2018
And we are still praying for a better Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by tinsel: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2018
krendo:

Be careful. Don't put yourself into trouble. Calling for a military take over is highly sensitive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by donmalcolm21(m): 8:45am On Sep 27, 2018
dontbefooled:
GET CERTIFIED IN PYTHON FULL-STACK (WEB APP DEVELOPMENT)IN 8 WEEKS WITH 100% TRAINING. GET STARTED NOW!
python kill you there. You are a scammer, idiot
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:50am On Sep 27, 2018
APC government will eventually bury this nation.Shame on them
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by 4kDdullard: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2018
I don't know what the military is waiting for Nigeria has gone to the dogs and pigs

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by AK6464(m): 8:53am On Sep 27, 2018
hmmm
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by itchie: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2018
Democrazy
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by bedspread: 8:54am On Sep 27, 2018
tinsel:

Be careful. Don't put yourself into trouble. Calling for a military take over is highly sensitive.
My brother as it stands with our Democracy, Military taking over will be Welcome...
they take over sanitize the place and back off again..

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by Nbote(m): 8:55am On Sep 27, 2018
Lol... Na Agbada military rule we dey so b dat

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by FarahAideed: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2018
tinsel:

Keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by crossfm: 8:58am On Sep 27, 2018
4kDdullard:
I don't know what the military is waiting for Nigeria has gone to the dogs and pigs
you should know that the military is sympathetic to the present government. They are doing their biddings

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 27, 2018
Yeah we are all aware of their plans so it's not even "breaking news" to me.

Today, it's 80:20 chance as the 80 goes to APC cos they will do everything to get their candidate announced.

Lemme add this: "if you're APC supporter and in 2019 you still decide to vote Buhari despite all this hardship and poor performance not minding the damages, my brother your head don dey do over heating"
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by WarriFirstBorn(m): 9:05am On Sep 27, 2018
tinsel:

I keep telling people here that Nairaland is giving them alot of cover. Just because we hide behind monikers, we think we can just type trash. I keep telling peeps that some of us dare not type of the things we type here on Facebook. Wherever they want to type trash, they run to Nairaland to do so.

Ask that one to go to his Facebook page to go type what he typed there now and see how he chickens out.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by WarriFirstBorn(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2018
krendo:

I dare you to go type this on your Facebook page.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by opribo(m): 9:34am On Sep 27, 2018
APC wants to rig and they will rig it.
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by statusquoante: 9:36am On Sep 27, 2018
opribo:
APC wants to rig and they will rig it.

That the only way they can this.
But I trust Martin Onnoghen of the supreme court to upturn their 'victory'

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by opribo(m): 9:49am On Sep 27, 2018
statusquoante:

That the only way they can this.
But I trust Martin Onnoghen of the supreme court to upturn their 'victory'

You cannot con a conman, APC are masters in the rigging business. I keep saying it the only reason for declaring this election as inconclusive is to rig it in their favour. Bubu will be the last person to allow any APC state go to PDP, rather than that to happen democracy can burn. The man has nothing to loose. He has lived his life if anything happens its you people that has a life ahead of you that will loose and not an octogenerean just waiting for the call.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by emerged01(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2018
TheGuyNextDoor:
Yeah we are all aware of their plans so it's not even "breaking news" to me.

Today, it's 80:20 chance as the 80 goes to APC cos they will do everything to get their candidate announced.

Lemme add this: "if you're APC supporter and in 2019 you still decide to vote Buhari despite all this hardship and poor performance not minding the damages, my brother your head don dey do over heating"

Since 1999 till now,nothing has changed. APC=PDP Don't be deceived. We all need to be involved governance of this nation. We don't need to continue to follow the lead of oppressors in the name of support A devilish party against another devilish party. Let be wise.
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2018
opribo:

You cannot con a conman, APC are masters in the rigging business. I keep saying it the only reason for declaring this election as inconclusive is to rig it in their favour. Bubu will be the last person to allow any APC state go to PDP, rather than that to happen democracy can burn. The man has nothing to loose. He has lived his life if anything happens its you people that has a life ahead of you that will loose and not an octogenerean just waiting for the call.

then his call will come very soon.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by iluvdonjazzy: 10:32am On Sep 27, 2018
Lol, federal might
Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by jaytee01(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2018
APC rigging machine has shifted to operational mode.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Journalists Chased Away By Police From Covering The Osun Rerun by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nigerian democracy has gone to the dogs!!!

Another reason to salute Goodluck Jonathan!

It has never been this bad in Nigeria!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

See How The Onnoghen Timeline Will Pan Out By Clerverly / Rivers PDP Raises Questions, As ‘missing’ EO Resurfaces At INEC Office. / Breaking: Osinbajo, Bindow, Abubakar Meet In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.