Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,033 members, 7,953,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy (1402 Views)

Dele Alake: Obasanjo’s Mischief And Hypocrisy On Display Again / Nigerians And Hypocrisy - Is This A Nigerian Or Biafran Female Basketball Team? / 'I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches'' VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by haffaze777(m): 9:40am On Sep 28, 2018
BeansAndBread:
Rilwayne001, haffaze777, demmzy15, Fariq, Empiree, vedaxcool,

ride on brother we're with you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2018
Good evening my people,

I'm continuing from where I left off. So my dad got into the school as well as many other Muslim students who were deceptively sent to school. Students were all forced to attend church services and other religious activities, Muslims particularly were targeted and given special treatment. Missionaries some of who were white began teaching students things like "No nation can defeat Israel", "Israel is God's chosen people" and other racist teachings. Muslims were not allowed to pray and MSSN (Muslim Students Society of Nigeria) and IRS (Islamic Religious Studies) weren't allowed as well, so Muslims students were like sitting ducks waiting to be converted to Christianity.

However, not all of them are actually bad. There are many Omoluabis amongst Christians and this is a fact, the Principal who's a Christian really liked my dad despite the fact he refused to embrace Christianity. He made him a Prefect (Food Prefect) and my dad used this position with the help of other Muslims to approach the Principal and requested that Muslims should have a voice. The Principal agreed and allowed the Muslims to establish MSSN and IRS in the school.

But the damage had already been done, not all that came in as Muslims left as Muslims. Many of my dad's relatives and friends became Christians. One of dad's friends (he's like a younger brother to him) just suddenly told him one day "Bros, I can't be following you to mosque again o, I'm now a Christian". It struck him and he was so so pissed with the teacher he suspected to have been responsible, his friend then went ahead to convert his elder brother but was unsuccessful with his immediate senior brother. It got so bad that my dad wasn't allowed to go home after the holidays, he was forced to stay with a guardian in school who was also a missionary. The reason is just to convert him to Christianity.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by BeansAndBread(m): 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
All I'm stating happened in just a section of Ifelodun local government, other areas like ORO-Ago had similar treatment. In fact the case was worse in Oro-Ago as Muslims who wanted education had to go to missionary schools, many refused so you'll discover that part of Kwara lacked a bit with respect to education. They were not successful in Ilorin because the emirate frustrated their efforts. Moving to other parts of Yorubaland, the story is the same. The missionaries were resisted by local Muslims in Lagos and Ibadan in the 19th century but they were still able to capture a lot of families through missionary rapped with education.

I'll continue later with hypocritical attitudes of some "Christians" online and in reality, please I'm not attacking Christianity or Christians, there are many good people and many are my family and friends. This thread is directed to the bigots.

BRB!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Fariq: 10:53am On Sep 30, 2018
Continue. Many of the online Christian especially those from the landlocked region are hypocrite.
Re: Nairaland Christians And Hypocrisy by Agbaletu: 11:22am On Sep 30, 2018
I can't believe that Nigerians still take these two imported religions serious. Nigerian Christians and Muslims are the most gullible creatures on earth.
It really sucks to be a Christian or Muslim.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Thought Nnamdi Kanu 'll Be Killed Like How Abiola Was Killed In Captivity / PDP Loses All Bye Elections Conducted By INEC On Saturday / Countdown To Atiku Travelling To USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.