Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups (1110 Views)

Record-breaking NIGERIA Win Back-to-back U-17 World Cups (CONGRATULATIONS!!!) / Is "Monkey Post" The Reason Why African Teams Perform Bad In World Cups? / FIFA World Cup South Africa 2010 - Reporting From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups by niyisky: 3:43pm On Jul 08, 2010
The USA 1994 world cup is purpotedly the best fifa World Cup ever. As this year first ever Fifa World Cup on the African continent aproaches to an end, do you think South Africa 2010 World Cup meets up with the required standard when compared with previous world cups or is it better than previous ones? express your views, cool cool
Re: Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups by 12large: 4:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
i think it is a success, as there was not many crimes heard about, not many troubles. but overall the vuvuzelas just ruined everything you cannot even differenciate a home team from away team because of the vuvuzelas
Re: Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups by Oba234: 5:38am On Jul 09, 2010
^^^^^
why r people still bitching about the vuvuzuelas? I was in southafrica for four weeks for the world cup and I can officially say I have fell in love with the vuvuzuelas. In the beginning, I hated them, but after a while, u begin to get used to the sound. Many of my friends asked me to bring vuvuzuelas back to the USA.This vuvuzuelas thing is a big business in south africa. The majority of fans that went to south africa have all bought those horns. Soccer would never be the same for me after this without hearing the vuvuzuelas and the crazy fans blowing them.

This is the first world cup I have ever attended and it's been a blast. South Africa is amazing and Zap the haters. Everybody talks about violence, but I never felt that I was unsafe at all in south africa. This has definitely been one of the best world cup ever. The number of attendants to this world cup speak for themselves. The numbers are high and polls show that 9 out of 10 visitors gave south africa a positive rating and are willing to visit again.

The only downside is that the month of june july and august are winter months in south africa and it was kinda cold, apart from that I will definitely go back to south africa and visit.
Re: Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups by Olaolufred(m): 7:29am On Jul 09, 2010
99%.

S.A has done soooo well.

This must be the best hosting.

I push USA 1994 to second position after S.A 2010.

The cradle of the World Culture is AFIRIKA.

God bless S.A.

God bless AFIRIKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

1 Like

Re: Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups by Nobody: 9:31am On Jul 09, 2010
My best World cup so far.
Very lively, very colourful and action packed.

As for the vuvuzelas, luv them to bits, dont think i will enjoy any football match again without that noise in the background grin cheesy wink

Go SA !!!
Re: Rate South Africa 2010 With Previous Fifa World Cups by Iyineda(m): 12:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
I have only watched 4 world cups so far. I was too young to remember how well the 1994 WC faired.

In terms of atmosphere:

1. SA 2010 (Vuvuzelas included) grin

2. Japan/South Korea 2002

3. France 1998

4. Germany 2006

In terms of quality of the football matches:

1. France 1998

2. Japan/Asia 2002 (although the officiating was piss poor)

3. Germany 2006

4. SA 2010

(1) (Reply)

Match Preview:namibia - Nigeria / Kenneth Omeruo Made Chelsea Debut And Is Slowly Gaining His Fitness / What Is A Mikel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.