Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! (1639 Views)

The Forms Of Racism You Have Faced As An African Abroad / A Trip To Akwa Ibom: Lugard Colonial Office, Slaves Prison, Bridge Of No Return / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by MoneySpender: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
My trip of adventure to an African Island. I will be travelling through three countries within in a day. This is a challenge as well as an experience to explore and share. Whoever thought there is such a beautiful island in Africa? I was astonished to realise that too.

I am making this come true, not just waiting to be told. I am going to discover things myself. Join me as i explore this beautiful island with attractions such as volcanic eruptions (haha), yes you heard right volcanic eruption. People pay huge and take long haul flights just to come and withness a real volcanic eruption.

Anyway there are so many beautiful things about this country, have i mentioned the FOOD? Wow. Amazing !!! Having visited a few of the of the restaurants Reunionaise, i must say the food is top notch. The first time i ate at the restaurant i tipped the waiter and she asked me sir "where are you from"? I replied "never mind just write your number on the money and return it back", she laughed.

The island is known as Reunion island, it is situated in the Indian Ocean, is known for its volcanic, rainforested interior, coral reefs and beaches.

It is located east of Madagascar and 175 km (109 mi) southwest of Mauritius. As of January 2018, it had a population of 865,826.[1] It has the highest GDP per capita in the Indian Ocean.

Cc: DisGuy, justwise

2 Likes

Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by MoneySpender: 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2018
At the Airport chilling with jack and daniels.
It is going to be a long journey, brace up guys. As i got to the airport i realised my almighty 4g network is disrupted with airport security.

I quickly used my American express to purchase a 24 hour 4.5g service at the airport.

Modified
The boarding seems to be huge with more than 400 persons waiting in queue, an incredible place to be ...

1 Like

Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by MoneySpender: 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2018
Tbc
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by mrjaydee(m): 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2018
Here or Santorini Greece my next vacation by God's grace.
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by MoneySpender: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2018
Nice, Greece has a lot of places to explore.
Will keep this thread updated on this adventure so you can compare and see which is preferable.

mrjaydee:
Here or Santorini Greece my next vacation by God's grace.
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by Rexnegro(m): 11:47pm On Sep 27, 2018
following jejely
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by kachi19: 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2018
You're actually in African France my dear

1 Like

Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by Alaadin(m): 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2018
Following
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by okwabayi(m): 5:55am On Sep 28, 2018
I've booked to follow this thread.
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by MoneySpender: 10:21am On Sep 28, 2018
You have a point, it is a country governed by the French system of government for the French oyibo, the legal tender currency here is Euro only.

While i was 30,000 feet above sea level i took some pics as seen here. The total non stop flight took 11hours, i kept asking the air hostess for more beer so my eye go clear for the journey ahead.

The oyibo lady asked me "are you not going to be drunk", i looked at her face but alli could see was toto. Within minutes i fell asleep, woke up 4 hours to landing, had some food to eat, downloaded more booze and slept off again.

kachi19:
You're actually in African France my dear

1 Like

Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by Ugosample(m): 10:45am On Sep 28, 2018
following
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by madridguy(m): 10:54am On Sep 28, 2018
Following....
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by anibirelawal(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2018
make i join the Following Team.
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by kachi19: 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
MoneySpender:
You have a point, it is a country governed by the French system of government for the French oyibo, the legal tender currency here is Euro only.

While i was 30,000 feet above sea level i took some pics as seen here. The total non stop flight took 11hours, i kept asking the air hostess for more beer so my eye go clear for the journey ahead.

The oyibo lady asked me "are you not going to be drunk", i looked at her face but alli could see was toto. Within minutes i fell asleep, woke up 4 hours to landing, had some food to eat, downloaded more booze and slept off again.

I'd like to know more about the island and the people in it and also how man fit move go dat side on a permanent sontin
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by chukxie(m): 8:56am On Sep 29, 2018
I'm following this thread because I love travelling, and I really want to see what Reunion Island is like. Have fun, bro. Remember NLanders love 'pishures', so keep them rolling in oooo!
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by MoneySpender: 10:28am On Sep 29, 2018
Sure, as i touched down the airport at the arrivals gate. It has been an incredible long flight, 11hrs 30 mins non stop. A Nigerian guy who lives here in the country was there to welcome me. He took a few pics.

The weather is looking great, we got a cab to the town. It costs 40 euros (16k) for a 10 minutes trip.

Charges are based on airport taxes, luggage charges, distance. As soon as i entered the taxi, the driver just turned on his money reading device, before he could make a "u" turn i had already accumulated 4 euros. In my mind i wondered how come?

Will explain why in a bit ....

kachi19:

I'd like to know more about the island and the people in it and also how man fit move go dat side on a permanent sontin

Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by kasynlives: 11:35am On Sep 29, 2018
following bro
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by chukxie(m): 3:45pm On Sep 29, 2018
MoneySpender:
Sure, as i touched down the airport at the arrivals gate. It has been an incredible long flight, 11hrs 30 mins non stop. A Nigerian guy who lives here in the country was there to welcome me. He took a few pics.

The weather is looking great, we got a cab to the town. It costs 40 euros (16k) for a 10 minutes trip.

Charges are based on airport taxes, luggage charges, distance. As soon as i entered the taxi, the driver just turned on his money reading device, before he could make a "u" turn i had already accumulated 4 euros. In my mind i wondered how come?

Glad you arrived safely. Long haul flights can be tiring and excessively boring if the in-flight entertainment isn't rich and diverse enough. Take a long rest before hitting the streets. Have fun.
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by BedLam: 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
chukxie:

Glad you arrived safely. Long haul flights can be tiring and excessively boring if the in-flight entertainment isn't rich and diverse enough. Take a long rest before hitting the streets. Have fun.
On the contrary, entertainment makes you even more tiring. Yes, TV makes your brain less active thereby inducing tiredness. Add that to your immobile hours and alcohol and tiredness is all you will get . Next time when flying, read a book and you wont regret looking sharp!
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by 2ng2ng(m): 9:08pm On Sep 29, 2018
Following
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by kachi19: 10:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
MoneySpender:

40 euros?!?! IN 10MINS My God!!! HOW?
Re: A Trip To An African Island... The Clock Starts Now!!! by chukxie(m): 11:20pm On Sep 29, 2018
BedLam:
On the contrary, entertainment makes you even more tiring. Yes, TV makes your brain less active thereby inducing tiredness. Add that to your immobile hours and alcohol and tiredness is all you will get . Next time when flying, read a book and you wont regret looking sharp!

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I've never read a book on a long-haul flight before. Guess I will on my next trip.

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Embassy Scamming Nigerians? / These Russians Girls Want To Be Nigerian / Top 10 Cheapest Countries To Live Comfortably In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.