Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) (55031 Views)

Skeletons Of Over 40 People And Some Who Died Of SYPHILIS Found In Peru (Photos) / Fish With Human-Like Teeth Caught In Malaysia (Photos) / 16th-Century Child Skeletons With Coins In Their Mouths Found In Poland (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Abdulnur(m): 12:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
revontuli:
You did a fine job explaining it bro
Thanks ma'am.
I just hope Nairaland will continue this way, answer a question and move on.

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2018
revontuli:

I have friends who do such digs, some are professional archaeologists and some are volunteers helping them clean and sort the artifacts. These people camp out in the middle of nowhere dig sites and sleep rough, eat awful camp food for weeks, they do rough physical work a day everyday and they are supervised by a tenured professor, and media too if it's an important discovery.

These people also go through strict ethics education, stealing ancient artifacts is a big crime in many countries and punished heavily if caught.

These people study for years and do all that tough work digging under the hot sun, spend many years with this, do you think they would throw away their career and international prestige they have earned by publishing research papers, all what they worked so hard to build for grave robbery? Is it worth the risk rotting in prison?
They find mostly broken pottery and ancient gsrbage dumps anyway, it is a labor of lovr and only ideologist people work in that field. They might spend years digging before they find anything remotely precious.

hmm.
Ok fair enough.
But I still have my doubts about them.
I read about how they looted the pyramids in Sudan and Egypt . . . .
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Mpanyi: 1:41pm On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Which secondary school in Nigeria teach it's student Carbon Dating ? .
Even the University do not teach any science student Carbon dating unless you Branch into archeology which many of is don't do in Nigeria . So plz give him a break!

What are guys talking? We did it in secondary school. All the half life calculations and more. Nothing too difficult about it
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 1:45pm On Sep 28, 2018
Wakago:
You see, you are the one confusing yourself here. I didn't mention DUG History but you did. I didn't put cap on my own Dug like you did. Since you agreed with the word 'Dig', tenses of verb made me understand that the past participle of Dig or dig is dug . So it can't be dig history rather dug. The prof should have let you know that when working on artifacts, dating of such objects is pertinent hence carbon dating is unavoidable. I learnt/heard this for the first time in my secondary school days. Hnmmm "History student" ? I had my first degree in History in 1997 and Masters subsequently. Like I said earlier, History and Archeology are bed fellows. But to you, you thought carbon dating was tought exclusively in secondary school. Not what you think my brother.
*plz explain what kind of history that is called *dig history*
*Plz name any text book that uses the word carbon dating in any secondary school in Nigeriathis is you with the Dig

There are 3 branches in History ; [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Written, Oral and Dug History
[/font]. [b]The Dug history is where this knowledge is though[/b]t. History and Archeology are bed fellows. Now you know!
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2018
Mpanyi:

What are guys talking? We did it in secondary school. All the half life calculations and more. Nothing too difficult about it
Realy, so why is it so hard to tell us a book that carries it?
For me I can point you to a dozen books in fluid mechanics and Principle of Archimedes.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Mpanyi: 1:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

Realy, so why is it so hard to tell us a book that carries it?
For me I can point you to a dozen books in fluid mechanics and Principle of Archimedes.

To tell you the truth dear, I yours sincerely was very good in calculating it. I am not a kid. It's some pretty years since I left secondary school, Science school precisely. I was not among the best brain but calculating half life or the mass of a radioactive isotope after some years was not particularly difficult. I may not be able to do it now but once I read it once now, I'll remember. It's found either in a physics or chemistry textbook but I can't be sure which one.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
Mpanyi:

To tell you the truth dear, I yours sincerely was very good in calculating it. I am not a kid. It's some pretty years since I left secondary school, Science school precisely. I was not among the best brain but calculating half life or the mass of a radioactive isotope after some years was not particularly difficult. I may not be able to do it now but once I read it once now, I'll remember. It's found either in a physics or chemistry textbook but I can't be sure which one.
I get waht you are saying, I was thought briefly in my SS3 days about Radioactive isotopes and free radicals and how to calculate and half life.This was thought very briefly when we where tought nuclear science in Physics.This bears nothing to Carbon dating as applied.
You know the green Physics text Ordinary Level Physics by AF Abbott
, it is 2wards the back few pages

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 2:09pm On Sep 28, 2018
Mpanyi:

I get what you are saying, I was thought briefly in my SS3 days about Radioactive isotopes and free radicals and how to calculate and half life.This was thought very briefly when we where tought nuclear science in Physics.This bears nothing to Carbon dating as applied.
You know the green Physics text Ordinary Level Physics by AF Abbott
, it is 2wards the back few pages,
But Bross was an Art student
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Wakago: 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
erico2k2:

*plz explain what kind of history that is called *dig history*
*Plz name any text book that uses the word carbon dating in any secondary school in Nigeriathis is you with the Dig

There are 3 branches in History ; [font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Written, Oral and Dug History
[/font]. [b]The Dug history is where this knowledge is though[/b]t. History and Archeology are bed fellows. Now you know!

I think I will advise you send my link to the prof he would understand better. Good day!
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
Wakago:
I think I will advise you send my link to the prof he would understand better. Good day!
U say you are a master Holder in History and You could not explain the wee question,U want me to send rubish 2 a world class prof, I dnt think so grin grin

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2018
Paollo:
Before Abraham there were men
That's the story here.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
uuzba:

Try to always realise that each time you see Oyibo people, you are usually looking at only one tribe. Their whole country is one tribe. One language. They have passed through wars and battles in the past before resulting in only one tribe, one language, NO traditional rulers.
They can easily cooperate and work together

Nigeria alone has more than 300ethnic groups, more than 300 traditional rulers. Different languages, beliefs customs. If not for English, none of us will be even talking to each other talkless of forming one country. We are in a transitional stage.
Someone is spitting facts
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2018
PRESENTATION:
That can’t be possible, these Oyibo are demonic..... my bible tells me the earth is 2000 yrs old and it definitely can’t be wrong.... Science is the devils agenda to make people not believe God.... I and my Household refute these claims.... Amen Amen FIRE!!!!!!!!!
The earth cant be 2000 years, sweety. Remember, the Catholic church is 2000+ years as it is. I am sure you know where I am driving towards......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2018
Omololu001:
this is bullshit guy.
Europeans have different tribes, in fact,even though eastern Europe is mainly made up of Slavs, they all don't still speak the same language.
I wanted to teach you what "tribe" actually means in Europe, but now your first line is bullshit. I am afraid worse will come this way should I continue......anyway that guy spoke the truth
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2018
jagugu88li:
The earth cant be 2000 years, sweety. Remember, the Catholic church is 2000+ years as it is. I am sure you know where I am driving towards......

I was tryna play with em wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 5:50pm On Sep 28, 2018
immhotep:

hmm.
Ok fair enough.
But I still have my doubts about them.
I read about how they looted the pyramids in Sudan and Egypt . . . .

Pyramid looting took place in ancient times, when the pharaohs lost their god status.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
uuzba:

Try to always realise that each time you see Oyibo people, you are usually looking at only one tribe. Their whole country is one tribe. One language. They have passed through wars and battles in the past before resulting in only one tribe, one language, NO traditional rulers.
They can easily cooperate and work together

Nigeria alone has more than 300ethnic groups, more than 300 traditional rulers. Different languages, beliefs customs. If not for English, none of us will be even talking to each other talkless of forming one country. We are in a transitional stage.

I had a good laugh at the no traditional rulers thing, Europe has monarchies if you haven't noticed. Quite a few still have kings and queens. Remember the UK? Irish separatists hate the English. They had terrorism and daily bombings in the 80's. Terrorism has finished now but separatists went nowhere.

One language is not very true for some of the countries. Former Soviet occupied Baltic states have two languages (Russian and their native language) cause they have Russian settler population there. Finland has 2 official languages (Finnish and Swedish) those 2 ethnicities don't speak each other's language for the most part (outside of the capital metropolitan area.)

One tribe thing is not exactly true, either. Even the small nation of Finland with its 5.5 million population has regional tribalism where people look down on each other's dialect and culture. Germans have north-south tribalism and Prussians looking down on the Bavarians as dumb peasants. LMAO. There is city folk-rural rednecks divides, rich-poor classes, maybe there is one language in most places but still coldness between different groups.
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Omololu001: 7:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
jagugu88li:
I wanted to teach you what "tribe" actually means in Europe, but now your first line is bullshit. I am afraid worse will come this way should I continue......anyway that guy spoke the truth
I've once lived in Germany, what he wrote is bullshit.

Is it France that is one language, or Belgium or is it Spain or Switzerland?
Well you can tell me sha,I will love to learn.

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
Omololu001:

That is waht happens when people assume, ahah Even the UK have multiple languages, How Belgum has french.Dutch and whats the other one called? they one sedofff belong to
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Slurity(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2018
erico2k2:

Which secondary school in Nigeria teach it's student Carbon Dating ? .
Even the University do not teach any science student Carbon dating unless you Branch into archeology which many of is don't do in Nigeria . So plz give him a break!
And who mention secondary school here. I am not even a chemistry or physics department at the university but I was still taught carbon dating. Don't put mouth to what you can't finish. take a break
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by erico2k2(m): 10:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Slurity:
And who mention secondary school here. I am not even a chemistry or physics department at the university but I was still taught carbon dating. Don't put mouth to what you can't finish. take a break
Why then you seem to forget waht subject bears CO dating and waht text carries CO dating, you'll forgot that bit,you lot are simply amazing
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 11:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
Omololu001:

Switzerland has 3 languages even! I thought everyone would already know about those mainstream ones but maybe that guy doesn't even know about Belgium and Switzerland!

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by revontuli(f): 11:19pm On Sep 30, 2018
erico2k2:

That is waht happens when people assume, ahah Even the UK have multiple languages, How Belgum has french.Dutch and whats the other one called? they one sedofff belong to

Even the whites in soith Africa are separated by language, English and Afrikaans. Afrikaans has diverged from Dutch and became a separate language.

1 Like

Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Ayobami7(m): 10:32am On Nov 13, 2018
This is my Comment
Re: 6000-Year-Old Human Skeletons Found With Full Sets Of Teeth In Brazil (Photo) by Gulher: 7:05am On Apr 17, 2020
RoyalBlak007:
The skeletons, which were found during works to extend the road in May (pictured), were sent to the Beta Analytics laboratory in Florida which found they were 5,880 years old

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About / Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) / South Carolina: Huge Alligator Chews On Six Foot Alligator (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.