Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? (10274 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / Best Biography You Ever Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by maryini(f): 3:08pm On Jun 16, 2012
There are so many!...what comes to mind now is The Black Jewels Series by Bishope Anne...but i must cut cap for Francine Rivers' Mark of the Lion Series...the world of books-my second home
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by radar5(m): 2:23pm On Jun 17, 2012
Numerous indeed.Let me take them by Series.
PACESETTERS, The Hopeful Lovers,On the Road by KALU OKPI.
AFRICAN WRITER SERIES,Weep not Child by Ngugi wa Thiong'o because it was a classic.
Flowers and Shadows by Ben Okri
Measuring Time by Helon Habila
Soyinka's The Trials of Brother Jero
Robert Ludlum's The Moor's Last Sigh
The Client,The Broker.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Asakel(m): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]Mine's ''HARRY POTTER"....by "J.K. ROWLINGS". Tis the best. ;DMine's ''HARRY POTTER"....by "J.K. ROWLINGS". Tis the best.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by emmabuggy(m): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2012
I have not come across any better triller than Sidney Sheldon's BLoodline and , infact Mario Puzo's collectionS.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by chivaley(f): 1:16am On Jun 28, 2012
The other side of midnight - Sidney Sheldon
Master of the game - Sidney Sheldon
Prince of Tides
Dolores Claiborne - Stephen King
Twilight
Rage of Angels - Sidney Sheldon
Valley of Dolls - Jacqueline Susanne
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by rash47(m): 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
Master of the game-sydney sheldon
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2012
Orikinla: Resurrection by Tolstoy.

Anyone who loves Tolstoy has an interesting mind!!! kudos jare

Mine is "Evergreen" by Belva Plain. The book blew my mind away! cheesy
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by oliidell(m): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2012
It's actualy very hard to tell among;
Master of the game
Doomsday Conspiracy
Bloodline
Sands of time
Rage of angels
Windmills of the Gods-Sheldon

Parsifal Mosaic
Lazarus Vendetta-Ludlum

Eleventh Commandment
Kane and Abel
Prisoner of birth-Archer

Client
Partner
Testament-Grisham

Point of Impact-Stephen Hunter

Zanzara-Michela Morgan

Random Winds-Belva Plain

Day of the Jackal-Fred Forsythe

There are loads of others; Steele, Dan brown, Dav Baldacci, dale brown, tom clancy, Patterson, v.c Andrews, j.t Edson, Louis L'amour, chase, Nick carter, john creasy,Charles dickens,Mark Twain Agatha christie, Robbins...e.t.c..

I also saw some good authors in previous posts; orwell, Hayley,Clavell, Puzo, Bronte...Kudos to d posters..

::Andrew:::
Am surprise people have time to read novels.

Dude it's a good habit..u shud indulge too..ur English is suffering.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 15, 2012
franco4christ: the day after tomorrow was written by robert ludlum ad not alan folston
you are wrong it's Alan Folsom cross check again
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by wildguy(m): 12:11am On Jul 16, 2012
Honour among thieves - Jeffrey archer

Skinner's festival - quintine Jardine

Angel of death - Nnandi dlovu

All of Dan Brown's and Sidney Sheidon's novels

Arabian nights grin
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Nobody: 3:46am On Jul 16, 2012
,DEWFR21FV
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by nndubuisi: 7:54am On Jul 16, 2012
New Year's Day by Nina Ndubuisii - Maybe because I am biased, but so far its had excellent reviews and great feedback from the critics, its also being produced into a Blockbuster movie by Ruke Amata...

"Unknown to Nicholas his wife of eleven years has been having an affair with their Pastor who also happens to be his cousin although his wife is unaware of their ‘blood ties’ On New Year’s Day after accidentally knocking over his wife’s handbag, Nicholas finds ‘a note’ that sets off a chain of events. Secrets, sex, betrayal and revelations abound in this hot and erotic story".

On sale all over Nigeria and Ghana and on line for the rest of the world.
Visit www.ninasthoughts.com to find out how you can get a copy.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Lurve(f): 10:41am On Nov 17, 2012
sparkling Emerald by Roni T. Davies
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by timbros(m): 11:52am On Nov 22, 2012
I'm suprised no one mentioned any novel by James Hadley Chase...the BEST thriller writer...

I dont even know which of his novel is my favorite...

Knock Knock - Whos there?
The vulture is a patient bird.
Things men do.
I'd rather stay poor.
Eve.
The executioner.
The fast buck.
Well now my pretty.
Coffin from Hong Kong.
Make the dead walk.

Etc etc etc etc etc etc..

Gosh! There are so so many of them...
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 23, 2012
The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand

I also love: master of the game (Sheldon), Sins (Judith Gould), These latter days (Laura Kalpakian, Kane and Abel/The prodigal daughter (Archer and Madame Bovary (Gustav Flaubert)
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by AlterEgoTM: 9:56am On Nov 23, 2012
I have read quite a lot of interesting novels, but Daniel Defoe's Robinson Crusoe remains peerless. George Orwell's Animal Farm also stands out.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Ademolag(m): 8:39pm On Nov 24, 2012
I am surprised nobody mentioned, things fall apart by chinua achebe. I have read a lot of book, but in that book, you discover the beauty of talent
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by aries26(m): 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2012
So many of them.
All James A. Michnener books
Roots by Alex Harley
From here to Eternity by James Jones
Mortal Friends by james Carroll
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry
Julian by Gore Vidal.
These are the few I can recall now.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by ekaromail: 11:54pm On Nov 24, 2012
Hello Friends, check out my book on createspace.com https://www.createspace.com/4027347
"Fantasy Island" by Karo Oforofuo
www.createspace.com
Four kids (Ken, Nick, Paul and Telma) went to a children's camp in a far away Island to spend the holiday. On getting to the Island, they saw that the beauty which it once possessed was gone. The sun was blotted out by dark
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by myssy(f): 1:03am On Nov 25, 2012
[quote author=in_sure]Angels & Demons.
Amen 2 dat. Angels and demons 4 sure is my best so far
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by bigsholly(f): 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2012
In d garden series by Nora Robert
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by alosiby92(f): 8:33am On Nov 27, 2012
I'm a huge fan of nigerian literature....I guess I'm a bit biased towards the female writers and recently go for the modern looking ones..(in case you don't know, i like to judge a book by its cover and so the more pretty and put-together it looks, the more likely I am to read it)...My favourite book, however is "I do not come to you by chance" by Adaobi tricia Nwaubani...It had me on the floor....#good read
The Secret lives of Baba Segi's wives also had a good concept..
I got half of a yellow sun (Chimamanda Adichie) for my birthday...not bad, not bad..but don't understand her need to sexualise most of the book...

I had a phase a few years back where i was 'disproving Achebe"- Yep! I was on a mission to understand why his and his alone, was the only book to be read the world over and given tons of recommendations in literature and the like....so I read as many authors as I could before reading "things fall apart"-and ate my words....That book is a good write..it put me to shame..the way he describes everything is so vivid and detailed...
I also liked:
Buchi Emecheta's books...the whole lot! and
Sefi Atta..
Recently I have discovered Jude Dibia and love his 'Unbridled'..
I also love Elechi Amadi's "The concubine" and I have managed to read about ten pacesetters...
in the western world,however anything by John Grisham...Sidney Sheldon's 'master of the game' is one of my favourites as well...
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Dospix(m): 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2012
All i see is foreign books;may be i should incolcate the habit of reading more foreign...currently, my best novel is God father by mario puzo, and Anthills of the savanah by Chinua Achebe.Plsss i need books to read, can't find what i want in Bonny island.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 28, 2012
Evan Hunter-Criminal Conversation
Pat Conroy- The prince of tides
Fielding- Bridget Jones' diary

All seriously interesting!
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by LarrySun(m): 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
cutie999: The other woman - irving wallace

I think its title is The Second Lady.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 01, 2012
I am still reading it...

it's very revealing... lipsrsealed
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by andrewdg(m): 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2012
john grisham's the firm.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Splendblex(f): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
Monkey wrench by Nancy martins, Twisted by John Glatt, class crush by Kate kenyon, Two o'clock eastern wartime by John Dunning. All interesting!
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by degbads(m): 12:00pm On Jun 28, 2014
Hi pls does anyone have or know how I can get either of these books

The Fading Realm
Stories of the Realm

Both by Phil Alcock

Pls kindly email me at degbads@yahoo.com
Thanks
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by noxea(f): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2015
Dospix:
All i see is foreign books;may be i should incolcate the habit of reading more foreign...currently, my best novel is God father by mario puzo, and Anthills of the savanah by Chinua Achebe.Plsss i need books to read, can't find what i want in Bonny island.

What book are you looking for? We sell all genres of ebooks at glory bookshop that you can read from the comfort of your phone. Text me the name of the book and author on 07082802679
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by Richiy(f): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
RiffRaff:

d book u are Referin 2 is"THE DAY AFTER TOMMOROW" By Alan Folsom. BLOODY gud Book. Read it a few years ago. Funny nobody has mentiond it on Nairaland b4 now.. Av bin waitin 4 dis day.
hey...do you mind sending this book to me? Epub or pdf? I cannot seem to find it online.
Re: Whats The Most Interesting Novel You've Ever Read? by BlaqqDahCritic: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
The Godfather... Mario puzo
Treasure island
Percy Jackson and the Olympians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Souloho19 Wins July 5k Award / Those Days In Command Sec School Ipaja / The Book That Profoundly Imparted Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.