Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist (5226 Views)

Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / Why Are Husbands Aggressive To Their Wives When They Are Financially Unstable? / 70% Of Marital Problems Are About Sexual Satisfaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 4:16am On Jul 10, 2010
buzugee:

without a question of doubt this is a very anemic estimate. i am leaning more towards 90 percent. folks you have to remember that craziness is relative. you dont have to be outright crazy to be certified crazy. nigerians are a very peculiar bunch. they all have some kind of mental defect that either makes them extremely hot tempered ( our igbo brothers and hausa brothers should know about this one), extremely morally bankrupt ( fraud, embezzlement, armed robbery, police checkpoint robbery, immigration officer robbery, etc etc), extremely ostentatious (this is a mental defect too), extremely inconsiderate (this falls under sociopathic behavior and includes closing a whole street because they are havin a party), extremely arrogant (this is sociopathic behavior), easily bawled over by material goods (this is sociopathic behavior ).
my point being over 99 percent of nigerians have sociopathic tendencies. this is a mental disorder

GBAM!! uve really hit the nail on the head. the truth hurts thats why many cant accept it
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by VPersie: 4:19am On Jul 10, 2010
without a question of doubt this is a very anemic estimate. i am leaning more towards 90 percent. folks you have to remember that craziness is relative. you dont have to be outright crazy to be certified crazy. nigerians are a very peculiar bunch. they all have some kind of mental defect that either makes them extremely hot tempered ( our igbo brothers and hausa brothers should know about this one), extremely morally bankrupt ( fraud, embezzlement, armed robbery, police checkpoint robbery, immigration officer robbery, etc etc), extremely ostentatious (this is a mental defect too), extremely inconsiderate (this falls under sociopathic behavior and includes closing a whole street because they are havin a party), extremely arrogant (this is sociopathic behavior), easily bawled over by material goods (this is sociopathic behavior ).
my point being over 99 percent of nigerians have sociopathic tendencies. this is a mental disorde

WORD! GBAM!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by davidif: 4:35am On Jul 10, 2010
buzugee:

my point being over 99 percent of nigerians have sociopathic tendencies. this is a mental disorder

Gbam! ori e pe jare (your head correct jo) cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by bawomolo(m): 5:36am On Jul 10, 2010
buzugee:

who hacked you grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Jenwitemi(m): 9:53am On Jul 10, 2010
How can nigerians be mentally stable when they have been living with epileptic power supply for generations? Does anyone here know the kind of negative effect that can have on one's psyche on the long run? Living in a country like Nigeria can easily be mentally destabilizing. I mean look at the politicians our society churn out on a regular basis and study the kind of decisions they make.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 10, 2010
Even with census, we are not 150 million. A psychiatrist of course is associated with mentally deranged so he cant be sane. Which state did he conduct his research? Does he know that an average Nigerian don't even know these drugs. Sick Psychiatrist, he needs to get his head checked.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by earthrealm(m): 11:42am On Jul 10, 2010
sad but true.
n thats cos we r still using leaded petrol in this country,no one uses that sh,it anymore in the civilized world, cos after combustion the spent lead is thrown up into the atmosphere , gets inhaled n attaches itself to the cns, n brain celss hampering proper firing of the synapses in the body, that accounts 4 nigeria having a greater percentage of its population with a low IQ!!!

nb. am i not entirely blaming the leaded petrol 4 all the mental probs in naija, poor nutrition/poverty also plays a major role
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by leuelliot(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2010
What is this 70% of my people are mad NONSENSE
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by cecetanna: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2010
That explains all the boxing tournament which goes on in the house of reps
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by buzugee(m): 2:21pm On Jul 10, 2010
bawomolo:

who hacked you grin
i hacked myself grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Pafuri(m): 2:43pm On Jul 10, 2010
Chances are that may include oga psychiatrist, abi? grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by honeric01(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2010
I also believe that 95% of Nlders are addicted to NL grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oyinda3(f): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2010
quack psychiatrist.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Tamxandie: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2010
guys, we all got it wrong! after careful analysis, i realised, the psychiatrist meant ' over 70% of his family members are mentally unstable' but since he's mentally unstable, he said nigerians are, see we really can't blame him, he's a psychiatric charity case!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Pafuri(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2010
@honeric01 : I confess to my addiction to NLanders grin. This Seun guy sef. Juju man grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by funmi2010: 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2010
for politicians, it may be true, not all nigerian
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by beespak7(m): 12:56pm On Jul 11, 2010
LOL he probably meant 70% of our politicians.  grin
but come to think of it,  Nigeria with a population of 150million people has only 100 officially registered psychiatrist nation wide so am not surprised.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Liedetect: 2:27pm On Jul 11, 2010
I suppose in this world if you're a happy people (in spite of many problems), a confident people (in spite of multimedia pressure to dehumanize you), a people whose children don't hold grudges, don't go into schools committing mass murder, if your children don't go around killing other children, if you're not a jealous people, you're a people who dont need validation from the West, you're a people that abhor sexual crudity, abhor homosexuality, frown on your children having sex young, insist on respect for your elders, then i suppose in a world where the opposite of these traits are normal then you probably will be seen as having mental problems.

It's like in the Land of the Blind the one eyed man is a weirdo

It's like some sort of Machiavellian joke. Imagine, you take a people totally smooth and in touch with their humanity based on primordial cultures and call them mentally ill as opposed to the West were modernity and atomization of society has driven everybody to the verge of collapse, misery psychosis and paranoia and think of these later people as setting the standard to emulate.     
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by bash673(m): 3:28am On Jul 12, 2010
They say there is a joke about how Psychiatrist greet fellow psychiatrist, he say to the other You are fine how am I?
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by idifu(m): 2:34pm On Jul 12, 2010
all of our politicians are mentally ill and it is why they are wicked by stealing so much monies from the country and they dont care about the poor at allsad they have destroyed the economy, nothing is working in the country courtesy of "All of our mentally ill politicians"
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oaroloye(m): 8:47pm On Jul 12, 2010
Is 100% of that psychiatrist mentally stable?

How many Nigerians did he examine, to reach such a conclusion?

"You can have the teacher try to (teach) by standing on his head!
Read the (textbook) backwards!
Drop bricks on the (students) every thirty seconds!
After the right processes have been used- or abused
to a sufficient degree, you will find that the student
has lost his enthusiasm for answering a (mental fitness) test!"

. -Scientology and Effective Knowledge, by L. Ron Hubbard.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by MrAnus: 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2010
Nigerians are mad anyways, kinda
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by jaymdee(m): 8:11am On Jul 14, 2010
Another sick head makes a baseless research. He probably thinks everyone takes the mad pill like he does. Go get a job man. Mscheww!!!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by twinkle87(f): 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2010
70% ke?? thats quite a mentally unstable figure!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2010
nawtiichic:

GBAM!! uve really hit the nail on the head. the truth hurts thats why many cant accept it
Abi O. But it is the truth. The truth hurts though. How can u explain the constant extortion by policemen, or the consistent fighting on Nigerian roads ?
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 21, 2010
cece.tanna:

That explains all the boxing tournament which goes on in the house of reps
Guy you too much. How can mentally unstable people be ruling a country if not that the country itself is filled with mentally unstable people. How can u even explain the fact that at this day and age Nigeria is still suffering from epileptic power supply. A basic need that is meant to have been met 20 years ago.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by tpiah: 5:57am On Jul 31, 2010
@ topic

hmm

is he just finding out.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by agiboma(f): 2:11pm On Feb 17, 2012
my only problem with those stats is that i think its much higher
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by jmoore(m): 1:18am On Feb 18, 2012
Only a mentally unstable psychiatrist will come up with such a statistics that 70% of Nigerians are mentally unstable. Remember the woman that sued New York for $900 trillion dollars?

It means that in this psychiatrist village, about 70% of them are mentally unstable. This psychiatrist needs to be a patient in the psychiatry ward.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by moremi2008(m): 4:28am On Feb 18, 2012
Where are the receipts? You can't just make-up statistics in your head and call it science!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SureHome Marriage Seminar On Forgiveness (April 2023) / The Mother Who's Proud To Parade Naked Infront Of Her 13-year-old Son / Why I Slept With My Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.