Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,010 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed (28734 Views)

Threads Surpasses 95 Million Posts & 50 Million Users, As Musk Cries Foul / Facebook Confirms Security Breach On Over 50 Million Accounts! / Facebook And Instagram To Begin Closing Down Accounts Of Under-aged Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2018
futurism:
i think it is.... Mark has offended people. I don't know whether it is the curse from, Hawaiians that is trailing this guy this year cos last year, he bought a land in Hawaii that the people of Hawaii weren't willing to let go cos White Americans have almost bought all the land on the Island, making them almost left with nothing to their ancestral land and heritage.

They really attacked mark man were speaking their dialect cursing him. Na so I just dey read

Hmm... That's the way the rich white folks go. In Africa, you'll understand that your wealth is not a match for the curses of a poor people. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2018
Colourich:
Facebook security is too porous, hackers been trying to hack my account so much ever since I posted my project defence pictures and got lot of likes. I have changed my password so many times yet these yahooboys won't rest. This shi.t is so annoying.

And what was your project topic?
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Xionez(m): 9:17am On Sep 29, 2018
DateMynd44:
y u no dey use Facebook
Other platforms are more engaging.
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by injurybaba(m): 9:20am On Sep 29, 2018
This explains it
tried logging yesterday to no avail password incorrect
they changed my email but not phone number so I used the phone number to change password immediately Once I logged back in I change the email to mine
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by bejeria101(m): 9:57am On Sep 29, 2018
Nothing do my a/c
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Sergioaguero: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2018
I exposed this attack on tuesday to facebook via help center. They hacked my token men. It took more than 17 hours to get my account in other. Kudos facebook. This guys stole my token each time. Using google autenticator now to generate token for my facebook
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2018
dimexy247:
This is true. I know of someone who was hacked.
Someone was hacked or account was hacked, Abeg which one...??
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by falcon01: 10:20am On Sep 29, 2018
MobileGees:

And you are maad
nop, are you?
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by georgeceekay: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2018
Colourich:
Facebook security is too porous, hackers been trying to hack my account so much ever since I posted my project defence pictures and got lot of likes. I have changed my password so many times yet these yahooboys won't rest. This shi.t is so annoying.
sounds more like village people are the hackers. grin
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Hilbertrudolf(m): 11:02am On Sep 29, 2018
DopeTech:
Thank God for Facebook two Factor authcaction because no one can hack my account.
Na waiting you feel ?
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by ddjay: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2018
Mangreat034:
They no fit hack my own na grin wetin them dey find
dat mins dat u av like 3 or 4 friends bdat, since there is nothing dey will find
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by ddjay: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2018
Mangreat034:
They no fit hack my own na grin wetin them dey find
dat mins dat u av like 3 or 4 friends bdat
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by DateMynd44(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2018
Xionez:

Other platforms are more engaging.
like which and which?
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by tgmservice: 11:34am On Sep 29, 2018
smesi:
It's true my was also hacked all effort to regain it prove abortive and I lost my info, friends and photos on it
when did this happen to you
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by drchuks1234(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2018
Recover hack account via www.facebook.com/hack
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Mangreat034(m): 2:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
ddjay:
dat mins dat u av like 3 or 4 friends bdat
i no even get friends for my facebook , na only me dey comment for my pics grin
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2018
i just deleted my Facebook account , wetin dey wan hack my account
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Chiachifranklin: 3:32pm On Sep 29, 2018
Sunkyphil:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10105274505136221&id=4&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10105274505136221%3Atl_objid.10105274505136221%3Acontent_owner_id_new.4%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10105274505136221%3Athid.4%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1538377199%3A8012728535221439097&__tn__=%2As-R
please my account on facebook is not responding for my signing in, though last week I was sharing my business card to unknown people as thru message, I was warn by VERIFICATION, currently I can't logging in. Even though they still send me update Notifications but I can't logging in for two weeks now. Please advise me on how to save my situation plz?
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by ogunmourinho(m): 4:26pm On Sep 29, 2018
my Facebook account was hacked too
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by blackprinx: 5:09pm On Sep 29, 2018
Facebook hacked? I don't think so.
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Xionez(m): 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2018
DateMynd44:
like which and which?
Nairaland for starters
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by meobizy(f): 10:55pm On Sep 29, 2018
Hmm. Africans and their lackadaisical attitudes to online security.
Those saying they have nothing to hide have forgotten that yahoo boys breach your account and use it to beg online friends for money or use it to fraudulently sign up for services unaware to you.
Till today I receive emails from online shops selling premium attires. I have no idea which yahoo boy(s) attached my account name to their shopping list but God will punish the individual(s) concerned.
Another thing they do is use one's account to post spam repeatedly.
I didn't know my Facebook was hacked until I logged in with a friend's account and checked my activity log.
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by aceman88(m): 11:09pm On Sep 29, 2018
Sunkyphil:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10105274505136221&id=4&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10105274505136221%3Atl_objid.10105274505136221%3Acontent_owner_id_new.4%3Athrowback_story_fbid.10105274505136221%3Athid.4%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1538377199%3A8012728535221439097&__tn__=%2As-R

please, I was affected, my facebook account was logged out in the morning yesterday, Friday. I was asked to enter my password but unfortunately I couldn't remember my password.
This is facebook account I opened in 2009 with a yahoo email address, unfortunately I have lost access to that email address.

in occasions, I forgot my facebook password, I would click on 'forgot password? ' below the login box, I would be asked to select the channel through which 6 digits code would be sent to me for verification, either through email address or phone number, I always chose through phone number because I have lost access to the email address, and the code would be sent to me through phone number and I would immidiately enter the code and verify my ownership of the account and change a new password.

But my headache now is, facebook have stopped sending verification code through phone number, it is only sent through email address and I have lost access to my email address.
The email address was deactivated by yahoo I suspect maybe because I never used for many years, if enter the email it will say it doesn't exist.

I followed a link " don't have access to the email address? " I was asked to enter my full name and alternative email address and any identification document to prove my ownership of the account. I sent my birth certificate but the said it is not enough proof to allow me have access to the account.

I don't know what else to do, I am frustrated. I don't want to lose that account, it is account of almost 10 years of existence and about 5k friends.

I will appreciate any assistance that would help me recover this account.

God bless.
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by teewhydope(m): 12:24am On Sep 30, 2018
Colourich:
There was a time they hacked it and added their own number, deleted my own number, changed my username, uploaded a white man's picture and a dog picture, it was my friends that were calling me to inform me about the situation on ground, I quickly changed my password and removed the number and the email, added a new one. Funny enough, the person that tried that shite was a guy I knew 'cause yahoomail showed me the login details and the phone the person used, plus the number was his own, I confronted him and he denied it, I removed him from my Facebook...

stop visiting unknown website links shared by friends or seen on facebook, to avoid getting hacked. or rather activate "2 factor authentication" or "2-step verification" and you will be free from hackers.
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by davisN(m): 12:46am On Sep 30, 2018
cry
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by teewhydope(m): 1:18am On Sep 30, 2018
aceman88:

please, I was affected, my facebook account was logged out in the morning yesterday, Friday. I was asked to enter my password but unfortunately I couldn't remember my password.
This is facebook account I opened in 2009 with a yahoo email address, unfortunately I have lost access to that email address.

in occasions, I forgot my facebook password, I would click on 'forgot password? ' below the login box, I would be asked to select the channel through which 6 digits code would be sent to me for verification, either through email address or phone number, I always chose through phone number because I have lost access to the email address, and the code would be sent to me through phone number and I would immidiately enter the code and verify my ownership of the account and change a new password.

But my headache now is, facebook have stopped sending verification code through phone number, it is only sent through email address and I have lost access to my email address.
The email address was deactivated by yahoo I suspect maybe because I never used for many years, if enter the email it will say it doesn't exist.

I followed a link " don't have access to the email address? " I was asked to enter my full name and alternative email address and any identification document to prove my ownership of the account. I sent my birth certificate but the said it is not enough proof to allow me have access to the account.

I don't know what else to do, I am frustrated. I don't want to lose that account, it is account of almost 10 years of existence and about 5k friends.

I will appreciate any assistance that would help me recover this account.

God bless.

you should have changed your email when you had access to the account.
Re: Facebook Hacked, 50 Million Accounts Of People Exposed by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 30, 2018
teewhydope:

stop visiting unknown website links shared by friends or seen on facebook, to avoid getting hacked. or rather activate "2 factor authentication" or "2-step verification" and you will be free from hackers.
How can I activate two steps verification?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oppo Reno3 Pro Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) / Pimping The Swagger ****s60v5 / I Hate Glo Network....they Gave Me False Hope!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.