Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,812 members, 7,810,115 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Car Mileage - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Mileage (1100 Views)

Car Mileage Issue / What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? / Changing Of A Car Mileage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Mileage by drogbabest: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2018
Hello Gurus,

I was offered a Camry 2007 direct from USA for N2.4m, the car looks ok but has a mileage of 289000. Do you think it's what buying considering the high mileage?
Re: Car Mileage by CarGuideNG: 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2018
drogbabest:
Hello Gurus,

I was offered a Camry 2007 direct from USA for N2.4m, the car looks ok but has a mileage of 289000. Do you think it's what buying considering the high mileage?

The car is from the USA so that is 289,000 Miles, the mileage is significantly above average for an 11 year old car, but you should consider the complete history as well as the physical condition, not just the mileage.

Have you gotten a VIN report for the vehicle? Also is the car still in the USA or in Nigeria?

Looks can be deceiving.
Re: Car Mileage by Lexusgs430: 12:26am On Sep 29, 2018
drogbabest:
Hello Gurus,

Just say 300,000....... Then it hits home better ......
Re: Car Mileage by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:05pm On Sep 29, 2018
drogbabest:
Hello Gurus,

to me, at least u are dealing with an honest dealer.....

get a Vin report and Confirm if it has an accident history(involved in an accident) , if it doesn't and u really like the ride.... go with a qualified mechanic to ascertain the components of the ride, esp the engine..... if everything checks out then if I were u.... I'd go for it @ 2.2m pere or even less

at least u know what u r buying.... some other people with less than 100k miles on their 10yrs+ rides Do not actually know what they bought!
Re: Car Mileage by Lexusgs430: 2:59am On Sep 30, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

to me, at least u are dealing with an honest dealer.....

get a Vin report and Confirm if it has an accident history(involved in an accident) , if it doesn't and u really like the ride.... go with a qualified mechanic to ascertain the components of the ride, esp the engine..... if everything checks out then if I were u.... I'd go for it @ 2.2m pere or even less

at least u know what u r buying.... some other people with less than 100k miles on their 10yrs+ rides Do not actually know what they bought!

Cost of visa + flight for two + feeding + accomodation nko ?

1 Like

Re: Car Mileage by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 30, 2018
If its from the US that's a pretty high mileage for an 11 year old car. Probably used for taxi or Uber. Do a vin check and then use the mileage as a bargaining power to get the price down. If its from Canada then nothing to be worried about because 289k km is just 179k miles. I once bought a Canadian model car with 300k km on it.. the seller didn't know much about this but I used the high mileage to cut the price really low. Meanwhile 300k in km is 186k in miles, if the car was a US model with 186k miles he wouldn't have sold for that cheap price.
Re: Car Mileage by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:11am On Sep 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Cost of visa + flight for two + feeding + accomodation nko ?

lolz sorry sir, no vex....

op when u mean direct from USA, does it mean the ride is still in US?

I felt the ride was already in naija oh, but u will be the first legit user here in naija......

if it's still there then issue dey oh. kakaaki still deh for u sha

(1) (Reply)

2006 Toyota Corolla S For Sale / Clearing A 2006 Honda Accord Shipped From The US / Check Out These Cars...venza, Honda, Lexus, GLK @ PAYANDRIVE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.