Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Changing Of A Car Mileage - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Changing Of A Car Mileage (1838 Views)

Car Mileage Issue / What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? / Car Mileage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Changing Of A Car Mileage by nicerichard05: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2017
pls is it possible to change a car mileage here in nigeria.

Re: Changing Of A Car Mileage by EazyMoh(m): 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2017
Yes it is. But it's fraudulent act, I hope you are not contemplating doing it.

1 Like

Re: Changing Of A Car Mileage by Kashif(m): 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2017
nicerichard05:
pls is it possible to change a car mileage here in nigeria.

A more difficult question is "Is it possible not to change mileage here in Nigeria?"

3 Likes

Re: Changing Of A Car Mileage by ray48: 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2017
Got a car with the mileage of 102 plus in the dashboard. When I checked d VIN history, I realized dat d mileage was 234plus before it was shipped to Nigeria. I asked d dealer and he told me they didn’t adjust d mileage here. I don’t know what to believe again.

2 Likes

Re: Changing Of A Car Mileage by emmaak2(m): 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2017
ray48:
Got a car with the mileage of 102 plus in the dashboard. When I checked d VIN history, I realized dat d mileage was 234plus before it was shipped to Nigeria. I asked d dealer and he told me they didn’t adjust d mileage here. I don’t know what to believe again.

just like that you believe him
Re: Changing Of A Car Mileage by erico2k2(m): 11:11pm On Oct 07, 2017
ray48:
its more difficult not to change a car's milage.

1 Like

Re: Changing Of A Car Mileage by bravolad(m): 7:28am On Oct 08, 2017
ray48:

And you honestly expect a Nigerian car dealer to tell you the truth? You must still be wallowing in your nightlong sleep.

They would feign ignorance about the mileage rollback. But truth be told, most buyers are the architect of their problem by looking to by a low mileage at a reasonably low price. In the USA, low mileage cars are expensive.

To answer op’s question; yes, dealers tamper with a car’s mileage here in Nigeria. The earlier you understand this the better for you so you don’t expect to buy a low mileage car at a ridiculously low price. Don’t fall for it.

However, not all dealers engage in this act.

4 Likes

Re: Changing Of A Car Mileage by thebigkendo(m): 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2017
bravolad:

And you honestly expect a Nigerian car dealer to tell you the truth? You must still be wallowing in your nightlong sleep.

They would feign ignorance about the mileage rollback. But truth be told, most buyers are the architect of their problem by looking to by a low mileage at a reasonably low price. In the USA, low mileage cars are expensive.

To answer op’s question; yes, dealers tamper with a car’s mileage here in Nigeria. The earlier you understand this the better for you so you don’t expect to buy a low mileage car at a ridiculously low price. Don’t fall for it.

However, not all dealers engage in this act.

The question is how? Do they use OBD equipment or they change instrument cluster

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Vehicle Part Called? / Check Airbag Light Has Refused To Go Off / Electric Power Steering Check On Lexus Rx 350 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.